Facebook

Topic locked
Facebook Jan 28, 2008
What the hell is it with the people on Facebook? I keep getting these requests from weird women, who I would never date in a million years, from all over the place including Dubai and Abu Dhabi!

Are there really that many sad lonely single women in the UAE?

If I really wanted to meet and date a psychopathic axe murdering trailer trash yggasdril from Witchita, would I be in the Middle East?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 28, 2008
same here but with opposite gender...

are there so many sad lonely and psychotic men in UAE, if I wanted to meet crazy stalker I would not be in Middle East . :twisted: :lol: ...
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 28, 2008
speaking of which - what is the use of Facebook anyways? I have been asked to sign up by a friend, visit it from time to time to see if any psycho dropped me a message but otherwise - whats the point of Facebook? post photos and find old friends??? if they are your friends why would one loose touch in the first place? :roll:
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 28, 2008
Damn DK ur on facebook?? how didi mss ya hehehe:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2008
and the reason you don't like psychopath's is......?
damn picky guys
freza
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2008
i use facebook just to play scrabble....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2008
So far SAFEbook has only served me 2 purposes.. Getting an invite to a national day's celebration and watch photos of a lovely growing up cutiepie. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 29, 2008
waste of time...
I think people get on it cause they hear others talk about it...and once they are on they wonder what the hell is it all about, but cannot be bothered to delete their account...
(and yes...I fell into that trap as well)
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 29, 2008
All the social networkings sites(except linkedin or similar) are quite popular and useless.

Facebook got this massive success by using Ajax and use of application gadgets. a very well-planned website with perfect features for no purpose.

but they made some serious dosh on a deal with Microsoft for their advertisment recently .
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2008
spoonman wrote:All the social networkings sites(except linkedin or similar) are quite popular and useless.

Facebook got this massive success by using Ajax and use of application gadgets. a very well-planned website with perfect features for no purpose.

but they made some serious dosh on a deal with Microsoft for their advertisment recently .

Using Ajax would have been more of a Technical decision than a Business Decision..however it paid of well for all of them Facebook parasitic applications.. But I do note that it helps some people to connect with others.. . like day before yesterday I found a lot of my long lost friends and even some relatives from my bro's orkut friends list after he told me abt it..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 30, 2008
This morning I got a message in my facebook inbox. It said

"u look se.xy can i come to ur house to have se.x"

Just like that. the cheek!
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 30, 2008
scarlet wrote:"u look se.xy can i come to ur house to have se.x"

Indeed! You'd expect an invite to their house. I never reply unless I get that at least :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 01, 2008
Haven't you people tightened your security settings? Also, it helps to get rid of your network affiliation.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends. You don't have to add all the annoying applications if you don't want, and you don't even have to put much info there other than your name. It serves as a contact link, which can be great for finding old friends. I had a reunion this past summer with some of my high school friends.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 02, 2008
scarlet wrote:This morning I got a message in my facebook inbox. It said

"u look se.xy can i come to ur house to have se.x"

heheheh what u wanted to invite them or something :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2008
kanelli wrote:Haven't you people tightened your security settings? Also, it helps to get rid of your network affiliation.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends. You don't have to add all the annoying applications if you don't want, and you don't even have to put much info there other than your name. It serves as a contact link, which can be great for finding old friends. I had a reunion this past summer with some of my high school friends.

I agree , too much info invites whole bunch of net stalkers....a name/alias is enough to link you with your relations...
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 06, 2008
My goal is to be the only one in the world without a facebook account! Yes I have meaningless goals, but attainable.

Uhm but donno how long this will last.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 07, 2008
JMK wrote:whats the point of Facebook? post photos and find old friends??? if they are your friends why would one loose touch in the first place? :roll:

let me tell you the reasons .. sometime people move on .. or get lost in the whirlpool of life .. i got separated from my school friends as i moved to a different collage and then a different university .. thanks to orkut and facebook we managed to gather a lot of them .. plus when we are young we dont give much heed to friends .. for us its just a phase of life .. we realize the error well in the later age of our lives .. when we are old and mature enough to know what friends really are .. they are the ones you choose to be with .. so they are important ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Facebook Feb 07, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:What the hell is it with the people on Facebook? I keep getting these requests from weird women, who I would never date in a million years, from all over the place including Dubai and Abu Dhabi!

If I really wanted to meet and date a psychopathic axe murdering trailer trash yggasdril from Witchita, would I be in the Middle East?

Knight

lol .. someone is lucky and unthankful .. can i know the trick .. :bounce:
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 08, 2008
Stay put there's lots of tricks in the bag here....you might be lucky and learn more....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:Stay put there's lots of tricks in the bag here....you might be lucky and learn more....

dont tell me u aint on facebook .. everyone is .. lol .. even my nany is.. lol joke .. she would have been if she wasnt dead .. :D
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:Stay put there's lots of tricks in the bag here....you might be lucky and learn more....

Reviewer can teach you a few.... :wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Facebook Mar 22, 2010
I am one who has resisted for a long time. Recently got on it because I was told it could potentially be useful for business purpose.
So far what I have gathered is just one sided posts. A lot of ranting. Not much interaction. At least on forum we have more interaction or dialog going on. Maybe I am just backward but I dont really dig facebook. Anyone feels the same or just me?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Although I must also qualify there are posts that are useful. But is like 0.00005% ....
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

BD, you do reqalize that you dragged up and replied to a thread which is over TWO years old!!! Dead and buried long ago.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:BD, you do reqalize that you dragged up and replied to a thread which is over TWO years old!!! Dead and buried long ago.

Does it matter how old the thread is though? If the topic is relevant then the thread can continue. In fact updates on the thread could be interesting. I just dont want to start another new post as I have recently contributed to quite a few :lol:

Having said that I should have picked the right category, in general chat and not romance as I have just noticed :oops:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Facebook Mar 24, 2010
Crikey! 2 years old?

Was I being stalked that long ago?

Got used to it now!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:What the hell is it with the people on Facebook? I keep getting these requests from weird women, who I would never date in a million years, from all over the place including Dubai and Abu Dhabi!

Knight

:lol: :lol: Classic Misogynist! :lol:

So i take it sad, lonely but drop dead gorgeous women in need of some tender loving does not seem like an exciting proposition to you? :shock:

Gay men always get the chicks...damn
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:

Knight

:lol: :lol: Classic Misogynist! :lol:

So i take it sad, lonely but drop dead gorgeous women in need of some tender loving does not seem like an exciting proposition to you? :shock:

Gay men always get the chicks...damn

If only they were drop dead gorgeous! Most of them looked like your avatar. Only worse!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Facebook Apr 17, 2010
the main idea of facebook is to find ur old fiends which u dnt know right now where are they?? how to contact them?? ... ect. for me it helps because i was in saudi arabia, then i had moved to oman, & now im in dubai, so i have a lot of friends that i dnt have their contacts but i found most of them on facebook. on other hand, facebook can be used as a dating site. some people are shy to ask others to be friends, so they are using facebook as a tool. so not all people who doing this are very old or very ugly. for me, im a young guy, good lookin, rich, & have everything but im shy to ask someone to be my friend & in the same time i dnt use facebook to ve friends because i feel like there are alot of cheating & lying on facebook, so i used facebook to play mafia war & check out people's profiles & enjoying my life as a single :)
sa7eral3ain
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Facebook Apr 17, 2010
FB is not just for getting in touch with old friends, it's a great way to communicate, see what people are doing, keep up to date with events.

What did we do before Face Book.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance