I Need A More Dependable Information About Going To Dubai...

Topic locked
I need a more dependable information about going to Dubai... Dec 05, 2005
Hello everyone,

1. There has been a lot of rumor spreading around that if someone would like to work in Dubai they can initially apply for a tourist visa. And when they reach Dubai as a tourist they can work secretly. Is this really possible?

2. Usually how long does a tourist visa holder can stay in Dubai?

3. They were also saying that once in Dubai, they can just BUY an employment visa to make the working status legal? If it's really possible how much do they have to pay?

I'm really quite worried because these are the informations given to my brother who will travel as a tourist there in Dubai and wishes to work there. His flight will be on the 15th of this month.

Please clarify these informations. Thank you!
[/b]

orange girl
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I need a more dependable information about going to Duba Dec 05, 2005
orange girl wrote:Hello everyone,

1. There has been a lot of rumor spreading around that if someone would like to work in Dubai they can initially apply for a tourist visa. And when they reach Dubai as a tourist they can work secretly. Is this really possible?

2. Usually how long does a tourist visa holder can stay in Dubai?

3. They were also saying that once in Dubai, they can just BUY an employment visa to make the working status legal? If it's really possible how much do they have to pay?
!
[/b]

I'll try to answer for you.

1. Most people come here on a tourist visa and some people stay here working on a cash under the table basis and remain "tourists" (it is better for your brother to get a more legitamate job though)

2. 30 days

3. You can buy residency, the going rate on the street is AED 15k to 20K, don't do this you'll likely get burnt in the end.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 06, 2005
A tourist visa is valid for 60 days now not 30.

Loads of people do this and just keep going out of the country and re-entering to renew the tourist visa for another 60 days, but obviously if you stack up a load of stamps in your passport then immigration will get suspicious.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 06, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:A tourist visa is valid for 60 days now not 30.

Not to be argumentative but I think it depends on the country you’re coming from if from the Philippines, it’ll be valid for 30 days. If you’re a Brit or a Canadian, or pretty much any of us lucky folk that get an instant visa stamped right at the airport it’ll be 60. Better to check with a more reliable source than me though.

Like Choco said though loads do it
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 08, 2005
yeh & if youre caught you gotta pay gud fine* or spend few days behind bars* and chances are you get deported tooo ??
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 11, 2005
as previously said,

1) Yes, i already know few poeple working with tourist visa.
2) Yes, it is valid for 60 days (EU passport) and you can renew by go out and re enter the country.
3)Buying the working visa. No clue about it.

Note that as mentioned before to for visa renewal by going to nearby country overnight will get immigration suspeciouse of your status sooner or later, and it might get very bad as nearly all ladies working in the "night pleasure" industry use the same scheme and sometimes when they clean the country every now and then, you might not be in the best position as they might think different of you.

good luck
yshimy

Thanks for all the info... Dec 12, 2005
Hi guys thanks for all the info. I shared them all to my brother but he's really decided to pursue his plans. Anyway, i'm sure he will take note of those facts. Thanks again. :D
orange girl
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 06, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:A tourist visa is valid for 60 days now not 30.

Loads of people do this and just keep going out of the country and re-entering to renew the tourist visa for another 60 days, but obviously if you stack up a load of stamps in your passport then immigration will get suspicious.

only for certain countries Choc - UK yes
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat