Photo Radar Malfunction?

Topic locked
Photo Radar malfunction? Jan 01, 2008
Hey there....last night driving back from A.D., I could see a radar camera nailing every car that went by. I am not sure of the road, as I have never been to Abu Dhabi before. It was a 3-lane road with multiple exits..it takes you to the A.D. airport (I found out accidentally). Anyway, a sizeable Emirates Road type roadway. My point is, I saw the flash going off non-stop from a KM away, so I slowed down (no clue what the limit is as there were NO signs). When I passed the camera I was going less than 70 on what should be a 100 km/hr road, or at the very least 80. There was no construction or anything, yet I still got flashed. Is there any recourse for this, or just suck it up? Do the RTA look at the data, or just issue fines?

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Photo Radar malfunction? Jan 01, 2008
dubaidog wrote:Hey there....last night driving back from A.D., I could see a radar camera nailing every car that went by. I am not sure of the road, as I have never been to Abu Dhabi before. It was a 3-lane road with multiple exits..it takes you to the A.D. airport (I found out accidentally). Anyway, a sizeable Emirates Road type roadway. My point is, I saw the flash going off non-stop from a KM away, so I slowed down (no clue what the limit is as there were NO signs). When I passed the camera I was going less than 70 on what should be a 100 km/hr road, or at the very least 80. There was no construction or anything, yet I still got flashed. Is there any recourse for this, or just suck it up? Do the RTA look at the data, or just issue fines?

If it was a genuine malfunction then you will not get fined.

The road you mention is 60 in some parts though.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 01, 2008
None of the radars seemed to be working when I was coming back from AD last night... about what time were you heading back?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 01, 2008
If it was in Abu Dhabi...the RTA are not involved. They are a Dubai institution.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 03, 2008
When you leave Abu Dhabi through Salaam Street, there is a Camera after the first bridge where the speed limit is 80 KM. Then you can either take Maqta bridge or Mussafah bridge. There is a camera after each bridge with speed limt 120KM. Looks like you passed through Mussafah bridge where there is a new camera and they are testing it. Yu can also check for any fine at

http://www.adpolice.gov.ae/Ticketsen/

Regards,

Charley
chthomas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 03, 2008
Hey all, thanks for your help. The road I am speaking about is the main road where you then exit to take the Maqta bridge. Coming back last night, I see that I missed the exit and kept on going...that is where the camera got me. Anyway, looks like there are no fines to date, I guess I will just keep checking and see if it gets posted later. Thanks again!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2008
If you miss the exit to Maqta from main road, then yu pass through Mussafah bridge where they are installing/testing the new camera. The speed limit there is 100 or 120. Any way no camera in AUH fires if you are below 80.
chthomas
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat