Se&xist Rta Buses!!

Topic locked
se&xist rta buses!! Dec 30, 2007
what is the seating capacity of the C1, C2, X25 bus? what about the other buses? 50 or possibly more right? so why the heck does rta allow only 12 women to board each bus?!!! why not make it equal?!!

then women like me wouldn't end up waiting for 2 freakin hours to get on a bus when we can spend it on some other things... like, i dont know, cook dinner and look after the kids perhaps?!

rta's vision-safe and smooth transport for all
all? or all MEN?
www.rta.ae

mint :evil: :evil: :evil:

mint
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2007
DP :oops:
mint
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2007
DP :oops:
mint
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2007
What can WE do to help?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: se&xist rta buses!! Dec 31, 2007
mint wrote:what is the seating capacity of the C1, C2, X25 bus? what about the other buses? 50 or possibly more right? so why the heck does rta allow only 12 women to board each bus?!!! why not make it equal?!!

then women like me wouldn't end up waiting for 2 freakin hours to get on a bus when we can spend it on some other things... like, i dont know, cook dinner and look after the kids perhaps?!

all? or all MEN?
www.rta.ae

wow.
that is pretty harsh mate.
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 31, 2007
no, it has something to do with the male-female population ratio. I'm sure it's not only you women who wait for freaking hours to get on a bus.
If you make it equal division in bus seats, you'll end up with vacant seats and more men waiting for n freaking hours to get on a bus.
You think that's better?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

mint wrote:what is the seating capacity of the C1, C2, X25 bus? what about the other buses? 50 or possibly more right? so why the heck does rta allow only 12 women to board each bus?!!! why not make it equal?!!

all? or all MEN?
www.rta.ae

Does the driver refuse you on board if the bus reaches its female quota? Or is it just a matter of no allocated seat available. If its the latter, perhaps next time you can sit next to a man. I was told sitting next to a man is not a crime although it can be uncomfortable as you may attract certain attention. But then again if you are the minority (ie female) on the bus, you will attract attention anyway. What about standing? Is this against the law?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

BabyDoll wrote:

all? or all MEN?
www.rta.ae

Does the driver refuse you on board if the bus reaches its female quota? Or is it just a matter of no allocated seat available. If its the latter, perhaps next time you can sit next to a man. I was told sitting next to a man is not a crime although it can be uncomfortable as you may attract certain attention. But then again if you are the minority (ie female) on the bus, you will attract attention anyway. What about standing? Is this against the law?

most drivers won't allow women to stand, this is ridiculous really... why not take down those bus stops, they won't STOP anyway so what's the use right? :roll:

mint
mint
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 31, 2007
Flying Dutchman wrote:What can WE do to help?

be a gentleman and offer us seats :idea:
mint
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: se&xist rta buses!! Jan 01, 2008
mint wrote:most drivers won't allow women to stand, this is ridiculous really...

mint wrote:be a gentleman and offer us seats

Talk about double standards. Pathetic. :lol:
I've already mentioned why there are fewer seats designated women. Add to that the fact they separated the women's seats is to protect them.

If you really can't take it, use the taxi, princess. :roll:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Re: se&xist rta buses!! Jan 01, 2008
mint wrote:be a gentleman and offer us seats

OK, now I am confused. Say for example if there are 12 women on the bus and a young handsome gentleman 8) sees that another woman wants to get in also. If he offers his seat or gets off the bus, the 13th lady is allowed in???
Reading about your anger, I thought you were going to start a petition or something...and I wanted to be in, because this is ridiculous. For women in general of course, but I cannot stop thinking about the pregnant and elderly women.
If it causes so much agony, why not take a cab and have a nice chat with the driver about his hometown in Pakistan (enough to talk about now) and enjoy your day...why do you insist taking the bus?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 01, 2008
just take a taxi dear...

mel
miss_mel
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 01, 2008
Call the RTA. There is an 0800 number for complaints.

It will not be answered if you are the 13th female caller...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat