Global Village 2008

Topic locked
Global Village 2008 Dec 16, 2007
Who has been to GV 2008? How was it?

For those who hasnt been to this year's but went last year, does it get better progressively or its better to go in the beginning. I noticed it has only started on 13 Dec. Ends 1 Mar.

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2007
It started? Oh.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2007
go in the middle ! thats the best time.. great deals (for sellers) really crowded and n get yourself salted with sweat sprayed with sand n baked by the heat.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 16, 2007
"baked by the heat"???? are you planning to go in the middle of the day?

last year i went at night and it was freeeeeeeeeezzzing.....

and to be honest i never found it to be that great.... the rides were pretty good and thats it....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2007
Went there yesterday...the place is still half empty. Many shops are still not ready or still in process of setup....give another week or two !

BTW...they have stretched a water stream in the middle...kinda festival city touch
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 17, 2007
iceman wrote:Went there yesterday...the place is still half empty. Many shops are still not ready or still in process of setup....give another week or two !

BTW...they have stretched a water stream in the middle...kinda festival city touch

That will be the new sewage system for Arabian Ranches!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Global Village 2008 Dec 26, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Who has been to GV 2008? How was it?

For those who hasnt been to this year's but went last year, does it get better progressively or its better to go in the beginning. I noticed it has only started on 13 Dec. Ends 1 Mar.

Better off going at the time of the DSF, that's when most of the activities will be going on.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

no ways Dec 27, 2007
DV sucks to the core......
intimateali
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: no ways Dec 27, 2007
intimateali wrote:DV sucks to the core......

:roll: :roll: So tell us where would you rather go........do you a better place to go to?
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: no ways Dec 27, 2007
reviewer wrote:
intimateali wrote:DV sucks to the core......

:roll: :roll: So tell us where would you rather go........do you a better place to go to?

New York

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 27, 2007
exactly, rather go to new york.

Dude, if u give a beggar 50 fils or 100dhs, he will take it coz hes got no choice....u wanna know betta places...THERE ARE TONS......just look around...wats so gud abt tht awful insignificant horrible place...???
intimateali
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 27, 2007
intimateali wrote:exactly, rather go to new york.

Dude, if u give a beggar 50 fils or 100dhs, he will take it coz hes got no choice....u wanna know betta places...THERE ARE TONS......just look around...wats so gud abt tht awful insignificant horrible place...???

:shock: :shock: :shock:

We're blinded by the sandstorm...gimme me even a bit or a gram of info about your fav place...will you....dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 28, 2007

You do have a choice, go or don't go :shock: :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 28, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

You do have a choice, go or don't go :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have to agree with sage. Calm down intimateali. You are over reacting. Consider yourself lucky living in Dubai. If you are living in RAK, what other activities can you do apart from going to the "ultimate shopping experience" centre. And trust me you will be disappointed.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Global Village 2008 Dec 28, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Who has been to GV 2008? How was it?

It wasn't as bad as I expected, enjoyed sampling food from different countries. The Czech stand was curious - glass trinkets amongst all the Middle Eastern clothes and perfumes from the surrounding stands. Overall, the place comes across as a cheap run-down carnival.

It doesn't open till 4pm, which is a good time to go. Starts to gets crowded after about 6pm.

BabyDoll wrote:If you are living in RAK, what other activities can you do apart from going to the "ultimate shopping experience" centre. And trust me you will be disappointed.

Manar Mall? Well, it's a step up from Nes Nas at least :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 01, 2008
I will go there on Friday evening but it will be more fun to go with other people
If anybody interested by a meeting there, just contact me
*edit*
alanj
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 07, 2008
alanj wrote:I will go there on Friday evening but it will be more fun to go with other people
If anybody interested by a meeting there, just contact me
*edit*

Have you been yet? How was it?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2008
am from here and had never been there ..
it's like a mall with out a roof .. for "cheep" staff :roll:
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 09, 2008
have fun guys hunting the bargains and riding the rides, I would however advise against buying any food .... :)
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 12, 2008
Only been there once in the past 3 or 4 years, nothing special to be honest, was freezing as well...
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 15, 2008
Must be all muddy due to the recent rain.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 16, 2008
It's quite windy and cold in the town itself, wonder how it is there now (In addition to being wet and muddy :D)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 24, 2008
wonder if they still have nice african style wooden statues ....
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events