>>> WANTED: HYUNDAI TUCSON OWNERS <<<

Topic locked
>>> WANTED: HYUNDAI TUCSON OWNERS <<< Nov 19, 2007
Just got one myself today (Tucson V6 2.7L 4WD).

I believe there are many Tuc owners in Dubai, but I can't find a forum/group/club (at least online) to share information, discuss, etc.

I know there are several Tuc forums outside. But geographically and by specifications they are different. So if there's not such thing like this I'm inviting all Tuc owners in Dubai/UAE to join here for a discussion or anything. Someone or I could setup own forum/mailing list if required.

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 19, 2007
What do they cost in comparison to a Prado or Suzuki?

Congratulations btw
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 20, 2007
Thanks. For 2008 model (no difference than before), I got it for 66000 (standard option as I don't want to spend extra thousands for useless sunroof and other options). I care less but there's promotion going on to get a free laptop. The lower spec (2.0L 4-cyl) costs 62000.

Prado surely a lot more expensive (100-140K), and Suzuki I don't know. Regardless the after-sale price drop, Tucson is considerably best value and it's quite popular in US/CA from what I observe.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 20, 2007
Join the foreign forums. Those Americans who are on fanclub-style forums are way more knowledgeable about their cars than anyone else in the world. I got tons of tips on how to fix my Mercedes myself after I joined an American forum specifically about my car. US-spec and GCC-spec doesn't matter since the basic mechanicals are all exactly the same.

The only forums you'll find here are uaeboost.net type nonsense where people debate about Camry V6 being the fastest car in the world and what not.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2007
You got a Tucson for 66000 what?? $?
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 20, 2007
Cristin wrote:You got a Tucson for 66000 what?? $?

Dude! "Dubai" forums!?!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2007
Hehehe yes you can call me "Dude" and thanks i know where i am "Dubai forum". I ask that because 66000AED is around 18000$ which is tooooo cheap...in my country is double
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 20, 2007
gtmash wrote:Join the foreign forums. Those Americans who are on fanclub-style forums are way more knowledgeable about their cars than anyone else in the world. I got tons of tips on how to fix my Mercedes myself after I joined an American forum specifically about my car. US-spec and GCC-spec doesn't matter since the basic mechanicals are all exactly the same.

One US/CA-based forum, I find tucsondrivers.com is really informative, especially with the DIY section.

Really, I don't understand. There are so many car owners in Dubai, but not many automotive forums (excludes DF's Dubai Auto & specialized forum for performance/sports car) or brand/general/family clubs. I think most of people here are just "end-user" level.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 20, 2007
Cristin wrote:Hehehe yes you can call me "Dude" and thanks i know where i am "Dubai forum". I ask that because 66000AED is around 18000$ which is tooooo cheap...in my country is double

Dubai/Middle East is heaven for car buyers.
That model costs almost triple in my country as 4x4 SUV is not very popular (for city/road driving) except for hard core off-roaders who prefer Land Rover or Jeep.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 28, 2007
you may want to check out www.evolve.ae - there is a couple of Hyundai owners up there that meet up once in a while for a drive / chat.
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2007
evolve wrote:you may want to check out www.evolve.ae - there is a couple of Hyundai owners up there that meet up once in a while for a drive / chat.

That forum seems mostly for Hyundai Tiburon owners.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 09, 2007
Got to be kidding me. Come on, there's no single Tucson owner here? It's like I see them almost every 5 minutes when traveling on SZR going/from work. It's one of most popular compact SUV around here (and in some other countries).

I think I'm gonna make some flyers and slip it on each Tucson parked anywhere, asking to join a forum/mailing list. I think one or two would be interested ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 10, 2007
xty wrote:Got to be kidding me. Come on, there's no single Tucson owner here? It's like I see them almost every 5 minutes when traveling on SZR going/from work. It's one of most popular compact SUV around here (and in some other countries).

I think I'm gonna make some flyers and slip it on each Tucson parked anywhere, asking to join a forum/mailing list. I think one or two would be interested ;)

I think those guys bought it because they just wanted a 4WD-looking thing to take them to work and back. They won't form groups.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 10, 2007
gtmash wrote:I think those guys bought it because they just wanted a 4WD-looking thing to take them to work and back. They won't form groups.

If not an offline group, at least an online group to share some information and tips, buying accessories, maintenance, etc. Hopefully & eventually it may become an offline group, hang out or make some fun trips.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto