Why Is Medical Test So Expensive Here?!

Topic locked
Why is medical test so expensive here?! Nov 14, 2007
Is anyone considering doing a full blood test - you know one of those regular check ups EVERYONE should do at least once a year? Well I checked around the hospitals/clinics and it costs AED 1,300 for a full blood test. Isnt this like day light robbery?

I also heard some send zee blood to S Africa for testing! :shock:

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Why is medical test so expensive here?! Nov 14, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Is anyone considering doing a full blood test - you know one of those regular check ups EVERYONE should do at least once a year? Well I checked around the hospitals/clinics and it costs AED 1,300 for a full blood test. Isnt this like day light robbery?

I also heard some send zee blood to S Africa for testing! :shock:

I did a whole medical check up, blood test, etc. And it was nowhere near that (as I recall)

I'll give you number if you are interest. Female doctor. You can call and find out, etc.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2007
Yes please.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Why is medical test so expensive here?! Nov 14, 2007
Concord wrote:I'll give you number if you are interest. Female doctor. You can call and find out, etc.

Female Doctor ? :lol:

I wanted to be doctor when i ws kid. after reading the "Biology" i operated upon few frogs and they died . Thanks God i am not doctor .

You cant avoid casualties in love and operation.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2007
Doctors , tests are free.

But we do pay 40% of taxes :cry: U guyz dont pay any tax, so dont complain.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2007
dont lie HP.. u've been reportedly evading taxes regularly.. now you must've also applied for political instability tax reduction.. :P :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2007
oh yeah and for cheap blood tests. head towards maktoom hopital, rashid hospital, dubai hospital or any of the Govt hospitals where they do the medical check up for visa :) i think its just 200 aed
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2007
Baby doll ,

This is dubai forum not Hospital . U sound like walking Hospital like my Grand mother .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 15, 2007
Thanks for pointing out that I am getting old. Tsk.

HP wrote:Baby doll ,

This is dubai forum not Hospital . U sound like walking Hospital like my Grand mother .
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:oh yeah and for cheap blood tests. head towards maktoom hopital, rashid hospital, dubai hospital or any of the Govt hospitals where they do the medical check up for visa :) i think its just 200 aed

This is for residency though, they do not share the results with you, nor do bloodwork for other abnormalities.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat