Planning To Get Married Here In Dubai ... Help!!!

Topic locked
planning to get married here in dubai ... help!!! Oct 01, 2007
hi im new here a fren refer me ds site maybe u can help me wid some of my questions :)

im from pakistan but been here for more than 5 yrs already working in a good company. i hav a girlfriend, she is a filipina...she is in manila ryt now wer planning already to get married here early next year... by d way im a muslim and she is a christian ...and our plan is she is coming here and will be converted to muslim and den we will get married.

but i check d website of dubaifaqs and see dat its quite complicated to get married in islamic way here if we are not a nationals of UAE...and i see also at d site procedures of marriage for mix religion...will it be easier if its easier wer tryin to consider dt den she will be converted to muslim after d marriage den later on wil get married again d islamic way.

pls anyone can enlighten me abt d procedures of marriage here... i will really appreciate it. tnx :)

asad26
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: planning to get married here in dubai ... help!!! Oct 01, 2007
asad26 wrote:hi im new here a fren refer me ds site maybe u can help me wid some of my questions :)

im from pakistan but been here for more than 5 yrs already working in a good company. i hav a girlfriend, she is a filipina...she is in manila ryt now wer planning already to get married here early next year... by d way im a muslim and she is a christian ...and our plan is she is coming here and will be converted to muslim and den we will get married.

but i check d website of dubaifaqs and see dat its quite complicated to get married in islamic way here if we are not a nationals of UAE...and i see also at d site procedures of marriage for mix religion...will it be easier if its easier wer tryin to consider dt den she will be converted to muslim after d marriage den later on wil get married again d islamic way.

pls anyone can enlighten me abt d procedures of marriage here... i will really appreciate it. tnx :)

If you go to the "expat help" forum there is a sticky titled "Dubai Marriage" look in there.

P.S. Please write your posts in english next time (even the way they write in the UK would be ok). It is annoying to read that stuff the way you "wrote" it. They don't charge BY the letter or message on the internet or this forum.

ps2. If you are under 30 wait!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 01, 2007
and for crying out loud, it is THIS not DIS!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 01, 2007
Thank you - I can't stand having to read out messages like a stuttering Ali-G with tourettes syndrome.

You can get away wiv dat shit on da SMS msg, but not ere on de web, cuz you av more den an 255 chr8ter limit to wat u type, you ere me now?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Oct 01, 2007
Be a Christian and get married in St. Mary's Church. Best Wishes!
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Re: planning to get married here in dubai ... help!!! Oct 01, 2007
Concord wrote:
asad26 wrote:hi im new here a fren refer me ds site maybe u can help me wid some of my questions :)

If you go to the "expat help" forum there is a sticky titled "Dubai Marriage" look in there.

P.S. Please write your posts in english next time (even the way they write in the UK would be ok). It is annoying to read that stuff the way you "wrote" it. They don't charge BY the letter or message on the internet or this forum.

ps2. If you are under 30 wait!

ps1: yep, very hard to read that chat crap english.

ps2: the religion encourages early marriage to reduce sleeping around. It works.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 01, 2007
SCY wrote:Be a Christian and get married in St. Mary's Church. Best Wishes!

I think the only problem with that is technical he can be killed for converting where as she can't :shock:
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Oct 02, 2007
O.K. first your are doing a good thing converting a Christian to a Muslim, then I would ask why dont you take her back to your home country and get married there as in UAE the procedures are too much (such as medical, parents approval blah blah)
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

i think i had same situation Oct 02, 2007
Your situation is almost same as mine, but my marriage certification is done now, AL hamdulilah.

I was converted to ISLAM before i decided to get married, my husband is ararbian, we from different country, but we wanted to follow ISLAMIC way, it took us 3 months to finish it, in sharjah court.like a nightmare. We went to court so many times, each time they gave you a new requirment.
I hope i can help you some.

i don't know dubai court is same or not.
you need to prepare too much papers, such as, the lady should converte to ISLAM, then get the Islamic license. then both of you need chemical check, the man need police paper, the lady's single paper from embossy, then get some stamps from adgust office.and non abjection letter....two witness holding ID card. then go to Mosque...

good luck for you...hope you and your girlfriend be patient,
hebatullah_qiu
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 02, 2007
maybe its just me but all I thought ^^^^ was "HP"
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: i think i had same situation Oct 02, 2007
hebatullah_qiu wrote:Your situation is almost same as mine, but my marriage certification is done now, AL hamdulilah.

I was converted to ISLAM before i decided to get married, my husband is ararbian, we from different country, but we wanted to follow ISLAMIC way, it took us 3 months to finish it, in sharjah court.like a nightmare. We went to court so many times, each time they gave you a new requirment.
I hope i can help you some.

i don't know dubai court is same or not.
you need to prepare too much papers, such as, the lady should converte to ISLAM, then get the Islamic license. then both of you need chemical check, the man need police paper, the lady's single paper from embossy, then get some stamps from adgust office.and non abjection letter....two witness holding ID card. then go to Mosque...

good luck for you...hope you and your girlfriend be patient,

Sharjah is a terrible place for anything governmental. I have some idea of what you went thru.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: planning to get married here in dubai ... help!!! Oct 02, 2007

You can get married in the Shariah Court in Dubai as a Muslim with your wife remaining a Christian or she can convert, you need to have a Local Lawyer to go with you to the Judge and your wife will need either her Father or if he is not around the eldest male meber of the family in order to give oermission and give her away. It's a fairly simple procedure however it is best to do it with a local lawyer. Hope this helps.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: planning to get married here in dubai ... help!!! Dec 27, 2007
Concord wrote:If you go to the "expat help" forum there is a sticky titled "Dubai Marriage" look in there.

Which has a link to marriages in Dubai info.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 27, 2007
your situation is real nightmare....but then again....there's always an answer....I''l pm you a reply shortly....also....

Congrats for your upcoming wedding.... :D :D :D :D
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat