Areas To Live In Dubai

Topic locked
Areas to live in Dubai Sep 21, 2007

Hello

Just curious as to what different areas of Dubai ar like to live in. I'll be arriving in Dubai in a few week's time and wil initially be staying in the Bu Dubai area, does anyone have any tips or views on what the area is like?

Will start looking around for places to live permanently once I'm there, any tips on which areas are good ( and preferalbly affordable) to live in?

So much to think about..

N

N
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Areas to live in Dubai Sep 21, 2007
N wrote:
Hello

Just curious as to what different areas of Dubai ar like to live in. I'll be arriving in Dubai in a few week's time and wil initially be staying in the Bu Dubai area, does anyone have any tips or views on what the area is like?

Will start looking around for places to live permanently once I'm there, any tips on which areas are good ( and preferalbly affordable) to live in?

So much to think about..

N

So many different areas, give us your preferences

Villa / Apartment?
How many bedrooms?
Budget?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2007
Hello

I think it would have to be an apartment, as I think a villa would be out of my budget.

I'm not opposed to sharing but if I can afford it I would like to have my own place, in which case a one bedroom, or even a studio, would be sufficient.

Given what my salary will be I don't really want to pay more than 3,500 a month- but I don't yet really know how far that will get me..

N
N
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2007
Definitely not enough for 1BR. Double up for decent/mid-class apartment in lively Bur Dubai/Karama areas.

Even for Studio would be difficult in those areas which around 4500-5500. Maybe in Deira/Sharjah/Ghusais. Let alone other areas which are way more expensive.

So if you don't want to commute, I guess you need to share a 2-3BR apartment with others.

Your workplace location also matters.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 28, 2007
You might get a studio in International City for 40k per year, maybe even a 1 bdrm if you're lucky.

Here's a brief summary of areas in Dubai.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum