Shipping Goods To Dubai

Topic locked
Shipping goods to Dubai Sep 21, 2007
Hello

I'm relcoating to Dubai in a few week's time and will probably ship a suitcase or two before I go. Was jus wondering if anyone knows how much, roughly, it costs to clear goods through customs?

The door to door shipment cost from the UK tends to be a lot more expensive than just having it delivered to the airport so it's tempting to go for that, but if its complicated or expensive to clear items through customs yourself, it might still not be worth it..

Any tips?

N

N
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Shipping goods to Dubai Sep 21, 2007
N wrote:Hello

I'm relcoating to Dubai in a few week's time and will probably ship a suitcase or two before I go. Was jus wondering if anyone knows how much, roughly, it costs to clear goods through customs?

The door to door shipment cost from the UK tends to be a lot more expensive than just having it delivered to the airport so it's tempting to go for that, but if its complicated or expensive to clear items through customs yourself, it might still not be worth it..

Any tips?

For personal effects you should have nothing to pay, Customs that is.

N
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2007
look at the option of shipping it as excess luggage (if its not too much stuff), some of the airlines provide expatriates with a larger luggage allowance if you arrange this with them well in advance. as excess luggage it arrives the same time as you and is then subject to the same customs inspections as the rest of your luggage.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 21, 2007
That's a good point, I'll check it out. Am leaving in two weeks so don't know if that will be enough time, but it's worth a try. Thanks for the tip
N
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 21, 2007
That's a good point, I'll check it out. Am leaving in two weeks so don't know if that will be enough time, but it's worth a try. Thanks for the tip
N
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum