Musicians/Bands

Topic locked
Musicians/Bands Nov 11, 2005
Anybody know where all the local muscians hang out? Or places that post ads for band members? Any musicians on this board?

DXBgoddess
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2005
i've been playing for about 11 years now...guitar...been in a band back home for about 6 years...did some concerts...now mosting jamming with friends...in jam studios...what kinda music are you doing...punk/alternative/rock/blues?...would love to get the band thing or at least jamming/practice going once i am in dubai...as hk its great...so was singapore...was wondering the same as you..are there live bands/or people looking to form a band in dubai?...i own a gibson les paul...1960s classic...how about you...singer/drummer/bassist?
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 12, 2005
Hey,

Check out Peanut Butter Jam, Wafi rooftops, Friday's from 8pm. Loads of local bands and singers doing their thing and people are welcome to get up and have a go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 12, 2005
Went to a place called Bar Zar in jumeria village, the moment I arrived in Dubai. There was a pretty cool 3 girl band (vocalist, bassist, guitarist).
Definitely worth checking out. Cool place too! (and cheap drinks :D )
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2005
One thing I forgot to add, go to www.phride.com it's where all the musos hang out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 14, 2005
checked the site out...great!!...theres hope yet...choc ...you into live music/bands etc...?...sleepless...that signature ..thats pink floyd...brings back memories!!
constantine

Nov 14, 2005
Well I'm into music for making a living, but can't play an instrument for toffee. The closest you'll get me to being musical is wailing at Harry Gatos!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 14, 2005
haha!!...we call it kareoke here... :D ...hmm living with music info.../radio station/dj/music company exec...music magazine?...
constantine

Nov 14, 2005
No more info as I might give myself away and ruin the point of being anonymous.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 14, 2005
respect that...anyways...if i do end up playing in dubai...puleeesee dont give me a bad review!! :D
constantine

Nov 14, 2005
Ahhh HAHHHHH I knew it Choco, you were that 40 year old bald guy that was standing next to me at the battle of the bands….. :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 14, 2005
ahahahaha nice one Fayz, no dude I'm and trust me I have a massive mane of hair!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 16, 2005
Thanks for the advice guys. Chocoholic, I will check that site out. Sleepless, saw the band in Bar Zar and was impressed. Would like to have my own group though, maybe not even anything official, just jamming. Constantine, I'm a singer essentially but I also play guitar and teach music to elementary school kids. Fancy a jam session sometime?
DXBgoddess
Dubai Forum User

Nov 17, 2005
DXBgoddess, glad you enjoyed Bar Zar :D
I've been on and off trying to teach myself acoustic guitar for the past year, but haven't had much luck :?
Do you give private or group sessions? Do you teach young adults or only kids? PM me the details if possible.
Thanks! :D
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2005
hey
yeah sure i would like to jam...but first i gotta land (no rhyme intended)...but yeah seriously...i am coming to dubai by 2nd of jan...so lets definately get in touch after that... :D
constantine

Dec 11, 2005
hey i play the guitar too...iv played in four bands...mostly rock and heavy metal....wont mind meeting new ppl to jam up sometime.
mach1
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum