What Are The Rules?

Topic locked
what are the rules? Nov 08, 2005
Just curious about the rules when it comes to alcohol?

Can you buy it at the airport and bring it in to Dubai? How much?

I'm aware you need a license to purchase it here and that you need a residence visa... how do you get the license?

Once you have the license, how much are you allowed to have?

What are the rules exactly? Do you have to have a license to possess alcohol or just to buy it? Heard that even if someone buys it for you that you can't even keep it in your house unless you have license...

Thanx 8)

windward
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 08, 2005
I believe that the maximum you are allowed to bring into Dubai is 4 litres of booze.

Yes, you do need a license to but booze, which can be obtained throught the Police for which you will need your company to sponsor or give you a letter. The limit you are allowed to spend per month depends on how much you earn.

Alternatively, you need to find someone who can take you to ras Al Kayma (SP) or Fujera to certain places where you can buy booze without a license, but I have no idea where they are! :wink:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 09, 2005
Just to add to what Yorky said, if you are Muslim you will not be given a Liquor license, if that applies to you
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 09, 2005
Yorky, RAK and Fuj don't have holes in the wall as far as I'm aware, don't you mean Ajman and Umm Al Quain? The Barracuda in Umm Al Quain in brilliant just a big off licence, you get a trolley and just pick up what you want. Ajman is not quite as good. But you have to come back from both through Sharjah where alcohol is illegal, so just hope you don't get pulled up.

If you're throwing a party at home and you don't have a licence you could potentially get into trouble, this happened to a mate of mine recently, she had a house party and a few people got out of hand, the police asked to see her alcohol licence.

But there are loads of bars etc etc with cheap booze offers every night of the week.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

thanks for reply Nov 09, 2005
thanks for the help... FYI, not muslim...

just looking to have a couple drinks at home before heading out to the bars... looks like it's not the safest choice without a license...
windward
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 09, 2005
No mate it's absolutely fine, it's just if you have like big villa parties and it gets out of control and someone complains.

I should open a bar with the amount of stuff I have at home, it's really no problem.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 09, 2005
Oh! really where do you live ;)...even i think its perfectly fine to keep booze at your place...i always keep enough amount at my home...and i dont have a licence...whenever i go out of dubai...i take four bottles while coming...
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat