Any Filipinos Here?

Topic locked
Aug 06, 2007
Thank you very much for all your comments/reply regarding my post. I did finalize my package today so I will be looking to move in 2-3 months. I have also contacted some agency where we can hire house helps when we get to Dubai.

I will be working in the DIFC area so i'm might have to stay near the area although based on my conversation with the agent who will handle my move, I might have to pony up some money from my pocket because the housing allowance will not be enough to rent/buy 3-bed room space within the area.

To those who asked/wondering what my work is; I'm a sr equity/stocks and derivative trader here in wall street with 7 years experience. And some of you are right that package/salary like what I got is not very common specially for Filipinos. Even here in wall street, I can count filipino traders with my 10 fingers...mostly dominated by white americans but I think that it is changing.

In fact, a very good friend of mine is a very well followed and respected blogger/trader in the financial community here in US and all over the world. You can visit his blogsite at www.pinoytrader.blogspot.com

He is not interested in moving to Dubai but he might visit the place when I get there.

aninox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 06, 2007
Well let me be the first to congratulate you!

I'm glad you were being serious about the package,
I was serious about the tour guide offer!

:D
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Aug 07, 2007
Congratulations Aninox! Have a safe trip to Dubai and hope you will enjoy your stay here.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 07, 2007
Well, there are many ways, do I need to specify? :wink:
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 07, 2007
Sure, go ahead. My pleasure to refute them afterwards.

You have to be sure that you think 100 times before joting them down, and make sure it will not reflect your 'category' in an open forum.

Mabuhay!
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 07, 2007
SCY wrote:Really? In what sense you find all foreigners attractive? Unless you carry the ideals of colonial mentality, and this i can understand.

Do I need to specify? Just like the Filipinos they also have their unique qualities that make them attractive :wink:
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 13, 2007
Hmmmm first off congrats aninox, I’m working in a similar field, who knows our paths my cross one day. You’re right in that package, although higher than average is not totally foreign I know people in Dubai making more, sadly I’m not one of them :(

As for the last thread jacking, being someone currently in an interracial relationship in Dubai I found the read pretty interesting. Many people at first glance assume that Mrs. Fayz is after me because of her nationality and mine and my lineage, she also ages way better than I so looks about a decade younger although we’re the same age. The reality is that Mrs. Fayz has whacks more coin than I and when we first started dating her salary was higher than mine. SCY what you know about Filipinas in Dubai is as much as +50 year old Caucasian who likes to brag about owning an island.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 13, 2007
Could be a mate of Captain Obvious'

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 13, 2007
Fayz,

I am more on the safe side of Filipinos especially Filipinas. Maybe you can't relate to any unfortunate things that happened to us, for you are not Filipino yourself. I don't know how you find this as me bragging Or maybe way too dragging.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 19, 2007
It may be a harsh reality, but it's a reality that has to be accepted, Filipinas has been stigmatized especially in this matter. And it's a stigma that has been compounded by several actions that Filipinas undertake just to get out of their poor/average life.

E.G.
- prevalent Filipina japanese entertainers in Japan
- Korea mail order brides

These are cases that our "Kababayan" willingly accepts for a quick buck. There's a difference between a victim and a "willing" victim. Women who tries to rationalize their actions bye saying that "they have to sacrifice, for them to have a good life" is spouting nothing but bullsh*it! In reality they don't wwant to sacrifice blood, sweat and tears, but just want the easy way out.

So is the stigma justified? I reckon it is.

But with this fact, it also has to be accepted, that not all interracial relationships is borne out of circumstances like these. So all those born out og mutual like or love, cheers to you for finding your mate! :lol:
Dai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 21, 2007
Fayz,

I do hope our paths will cross in DIFC. We might be taking each other's side of the trade already.
aninox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 21, 2007
im thinking the kid might have been misinterpreted.. it was like saying will I get a blonde babe when I come to Sweden? - - cant blame her about getting excited, afterall it will be so much different once she gets here.

sassy pagdating mo dito, pick ur fave color :wink:

as to filipinas working as entertainer, you can also see us all over the globe working as nurse, teacher, nanny, engineers, sales ladies, programmers, seamen etc.. sadly, this because our govt fails to provide jobs and so we find ways to prosper.
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 21, 2007
yes its true, they do look cheap. :lol: i am filipino, and been living in dubai for 13 years now. i graduated elementary, high school, college here in dxb. and all i can say is that the majority of filipinas who has bf's that arent filipino's just uses them for something (mostly financially) and the foreign bf uses them for their body and companionship. not all really, but most. id say 70%, pretty sad and emabarassing on our part imho :oops:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2007
I doubt you are a Filipino -xero. Your posting style alone is way too far from being a Filipino, unless you were educated here and you were taught to spell :arrow: filipino's or bilipino - in this way when referring to us, Filipinos.

Dai, MOBs are not just bound for Korea. They're bound to Australia, Europe and mostly the US (as per USCIS research). There are Russian MOBs also. I actually had no idea about MOB not until i was able to pick (from the fish bowl that our professor passed around before the semester starts) the subject for my research in my sociology course way back college days.

Most of the girls who they considered to be MOB are clueless that they're being called "MOB" with derogaroty connotations. Researchers refuted that there are no clear boundaries as to where we can consider a female marrying a foriegn bf whom they met online be MOB. As an advocate of feminist ideals, I was broken hearted doing a term paper about MOB.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2007
xero_ wrote:all i can say is that the majority of filipinas who has bf's that arent filipino's just uses them for something (mostly financially) and the foreign bf uses them for their body and companionship. not all really, but most. id say 70%, pretty sad and emabarassing on our part imho :oops:

this is the first time i heard about filipinas being taken advantage financially- - there is no way u can get milk from chicken. what i mean is an average wage earner will not throw away money. unless she is rich which id say only 10% or even less.

i dont understand why u feel sad and embarrased about body and companionship? arent we all needed that?? what is sad and embarassing is not having one at all!!!
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 21, 2007
i think he means the other way around...i.e. filipinas using their bf's for money.

Not totally convinced on that. I think its moreso that filipinas are a little naiive.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2007
there are women who use their bf's for money, it doesnt have to be filipinas.
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2007
Heh!I'll say it again...

You see some old European guy walking down the road with a twenty something Filipina, we all think the same thing. But for that matter, you think exactly the same if it's a 40 something Lebanese guy with a young dishy Lebanese girl. Or (for example) a 50 something British expat with his Russian girlfriend who is old enough to be his daughter...

In the US, it's the same deal with young Mexican ladies (I mean from actually across the border) going out with/married to older American guys, or even the same age for that matter...

The same sh!t, the same feelings go around...

There is a hell of a lot lot of resentment, feelings of jealousy (yes, jealousy) and ownership surrounding many of these multi-racial relationships. The men feel resentful towards the foreign guys for pinching 'their' women (c'mon, this is textbook!) and the women assume feelings of superiority to protect their own virtue...

Mail-order brides, ridiculous disparities in age - yes, it is suspect, it is embarassing. But sometimes, you also have to wonder about the people who spend their entire time tutting away at happy blissful mixed race couples, heaving a collective sigh over why 'these kinds of girls' can't 'stick with their own'!

The psycho-analysis cuts both ways and can raise just as many questions...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Aug 22, 2007
SCY wrote:I doubt you are a Filipino -xero. Your posting style alone is way too far from being a Filipino, unless you were educated here and you were taught to spell :arrow: filipino's or bilipino - in this way when referring to us, Filipinos.

who made you the forum grammar police on being filipino? :lol: i was born in philz but grew up here like i said, pero ndi ibig sabhin ndi ako marunong mag tagalog. its not actually bilipino like you said, its more like felipini lmao :wink:

komosta ka kah-bahyan!? lolol.

seriously though, just go to the fish market and in karama (small shops) and see how many salesman can speak tagalog there. and if you ask why they know how, theyll say coz they got filipina gfs. :roll: mga uto-uto tlga karamihan ng pinay zzz...
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
I find it awkward for a self-confessed Filipino unable to spell Filipinos correctly. Filipinos or Filipino’s, you should learn to know the difference. Better yet, please have a quick review about the usage of apostrophe before posting your banter. Anyway, I am keeping my eye out on you.

~back to work~
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
SCY wrote:I find it awkward for a self-confessed Filipino unable to spell Filipinos correctly. Filipinos or Filipino’s, you should learn to know the difference. Better yet, please have a quick review about the usage of apostrophe before posting your banter. Anyway, I am keeping my eye out on you.

~back to work~

wow forum grammar police too? :lol: this is an online forum, who cares if you make spelling and grammar mistakes? if this was an essay for a college report id be sure to run it in ms word spell checker. but then again its not, so stfu and go back to work :roll: :P

edit: i can picture you right now behind your desk wearing thick glasses sufferin from depression coz instead of being a news writer that you always dreamed of, you ended up working as a secretary in a company that sells second hand furniture.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
Your attitude is too bruteques to be a Filipino. In other words, you’re a quack. And mind you, I don’t wear specs and not a secretary. Try again.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
SCY wrote:Your attitude is too bruteques to be a Filipino. In other words, you’re a quack. And mind you, I don’t wear specs and not a secretary. Try again.

quack? thats somethin new... isnt that the sound that ducks make? :lol: are you a........ cashier in mcdonalds? perhaps a........ hmmm.... a saleslady in mall of the emirates? lmao, jk steriotyping my own race thats all. btw seeing you are the spelling and grammar police, can you please explain to me what a " bruteques" is? do you mean grotesque or summit? or maybe brute ques?? ms./mr. perfection aint so perfect after all huh?

dont start a flame war, you wont win :twisted: :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
Not worth a conversation... ~stands up and walks away~
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
SCY wrote:Not worth a conversation... ~stands up and walks away~

day of defeat :D
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2007
both of you be adults and don't post after me.

thank you.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 22, 2007
Next Round: Who is more Canadian than the Canadian above!

Bring it on!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 22, 2007
i think we should forget about the hatred between us and sing a song........

or come on monday and play some bowling

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=21368
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 22, 2007
Bleakus wrote:there are women who use their bf's for money, it doesnt have to be filipinas.

Exactly...well Filipinas are low maintenance girlfriends :lol:
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 22, 2007
^^i dont believe that, my x had class
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat