Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi Service - EVER?!

Topic locked
Mar 05, 2006
Gab, the police were worse than I expected...

F: "I need to report against a taxi driver for s.e.xual harrassment"
P: "do you know this is police station?"
F: "yes! I'm calling to file a report against taxi driver for s.e.xual harassment"
P: "but this is Police station, what you want us to do?"

Well...Duh... freaking arrest the pervert!

Luckily enough we passed an Arabia taxi on the way to the airport and the complaint number was the same same as DT. So gave a call and the lady at the complaints department was horrified. This pervert better be heading for deportation.

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
:shock: Great response-not.
Hopefully something is done.

I think one thing that would worry me is, as a parent here we quite often associate this place as being a haven for kids, and clearly this is not the case. Say this was a teenager catching a taxi home from an after school activity.....................just not worth contemplating!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
arniegang wrote:what a crappy story XRW, its sad to hear things like that, your friend musta been well frightened. did she take his number and report him??

pm'd you numbers

She was really in shock... I would have stuck around to chat more with Fayz but she was asking me to come past. She got the electronic receipt so its got the taxi and driver's number on there but she's been trying to call the number listed for Arabia Taxi since this morning but no one is picking up.

Trouble is she is going back to Singapore tonight so might give the police a call to report the guy.

Thanks for the taxi numbers, much appreciated.

no worries, i hope the freak gets what's coming to him. I actually always thought the police here were pretty fair and honest and helpful even to foreigners so this story bothers me on a couple levels. keep us posted on what happens if anything.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 05, 2006
Totally agree with Fayz and Gabs. Keep us posted XRW.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 05, 2006
Roger that.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
God that is so shocking! such services are suppose to be safe and reliable! very sad.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 06, 2006
Not good at all, that's really shocking. Just about as shocking as the letters to 7 Days today about the pervs on the beaches and trying to grab little kids - weirdos!!!!

How to stop perverts on the beach at Jumeirah
Monday, 06 March 2006

I’ve had an interesting few last visits to the beach, near the Hilton. Last visit there was a man who seemed to have a severe case of Parkinsons (please I mean this in nicest way as I can’t really say in this column what he was doing) going on in his right trouser pocket.

This problem seemed to get worse whenever a woman in a bikini walked past. When I looked at him to let him I knew what he was doing, he just didn’t care, he kept on going. What is the right thing to do about this?

Then he had two mates turn up with a camera, they then pretended to take photos of each other and surprise surprise, it was when a woman in a bikini was walking straight behind them.

And to top that off, one of them tried to grab my 18 month old daughter. He then asked if he could take a photo of her. Now as a parent, you can understand how this made us feel.

The visit before that horrific one, I spun around to find a man taking a photo of a female sunbather. I ran up the beach and told him in no uncertain terms to get off the beach and don’t come back, the man ran away.

To make the day even more spoilt, his mate then tried to get a shot of me putting my clothes back on (I was a mess after witnessing what I just witnessed).

I caught him as he was setting his phone up and taking aim – I ran over to him and stood close to his face and told him that if I caught him using his mobile for anything except to make a call, I’d be calling the police and having him arrested.

Can someone please tell me where my family and I can go so as not to have this kind of thing go on. I love the beach, but have told my husband I will never visit it again under those circumstances.

In Australia all our beaches are patrolled not only by lifeguards, but by policeman as well, and anyone caught doing any of the above would be arrested, tried in court and fined accordingly.

Something needs to be done about this – tourists will eventually cotton on and this issue will be awful for tourism.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 08, 2006
Just got off the phone with a lady from Arabia Taxi. She is sending through a picture of the driver corresponding with the ID number and once my friend confirms that it is the guy they will terminate his employment and empose the 6 month ban. Justice will be served.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2006
Good stuff, sadly i guess this more common than I had thought, My friend went shopping with a few other friends yesterday that are visiting Dubai and she was "propositioned" by the taxi driver, she smacked him and told him off.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 08, 2006
Excellent news Mr X

Justice is sweet.

Hope yor friend is ok
arniegang

Apr 15, 2006
Yeah, i absolutely agree with you :) :)
S0sk
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 28, 2006
I've used them through the call service "twice" in one trip (for the First and Last times). It took them 35 minutes to arrive at my building after repeated calls and assurances that the car was "around the corner".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2006
I heard the tale the other day of a Taxi driver who was in jail for 6 months followed by deportation...for farting!

Apparently he let rip whilst a local lady was his passenger and she filed a complaint against him.

Justice can be a little strange sometimes!?

:shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jul 30, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Arnie,

Even at 3am when theres barely any cars on the road a DT cab will be 70-80dhs coming via SZR - and I do this at least twice a month. I couldn't even get to Satwa from where we are for 55 dhs. Who u using?

I think the rates go up late at night, last I heard.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

i am agree most of Taxi Driver allways in tention Jul 31, 2006
i am Motor cyclest when i ride the taxi drivers driving very badly and if they found any customer immediatly takeing to left they never care who coming behind them . i am more afraide from taxi drivers. the great advice for new drivers is Please dont drive car or bike behaind Ladies drivers spicial to Taxi Drivers ..
lalicom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 07, 2006
the main problem abt the taxi drivers is they get really exhausted driving all day n when sumthin goes wrong they get really pissed at the customerss... lol

bloody PATHAN .. :P
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Dubai Transport - Worst Taxi service - EVER?! Jul 19, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I'm I the only one sick of their ridiculous service? Their pre-booking phone service is a joke, taxi are either stupidly early, stupidly late or never turn up at all.

On their answerphone service it says a luxurious way to travel with the best service - yeah right, when are they going to live up to their own hype?

So many people I know have just given up using them, their drivers are now pretty rude and many refuse to stop if they think the fare is going to be a small amount.

Customer Service from this company a big fat ZERO!

Gosh, tell me about it man. Before i got my license and car,i fully depend on public transportation, Taxi. Dubai Taxi soooo far, is the best among all, cause they have the GPS system and all. So?...they didnt show up on the time i booked the taxi!. OMG. hahaha. I was so mad.

Talking about rude. When i got in the taxi, they actually said im not taking to to Deira. I said why?. The taxi hunk told me 'too much traffic my friend'. I laughed and off course im mad. Man, taxi service here is like back in the 80s in Malaysia. You dont find this problem anymore in Malaysia since early 90s.

Totally agree with Chocoholic
Zarak
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 12, 2007
When you ask a driver to go to a specific area and he refused your request just simply write down his car number Do not forget to do that then call the customer care center and tell about that.

the latest fine at any driver do that is 200AED
e-lad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2007
all taxi's in dubai can be rated -2/10.

ALL, not just dubai transport. all the drivers reek of body odour and have no manners at all.

i once kicked the door of a taxi in al ghurair coz the driver moved his vehicle while my wife was halfway boarding the cab. idiot looked so pale when i started shouting at him. pretty much i do that on weekends when i go to bars because i dont drink and drive :lol:

shout at the idiot drivers or better yet give them a nice punch on the jaw so they learn things the hard way. j/k :twisted:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2007
yeah.it always takes us at least half an hour to take a taxi, so many taxi drivers didnt stop....dong know why...
ciarachen
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 28, 2008
arniegang wrote:I also totally agree with all the posts about Dubai Taxis. Our daughter who went shopping from our appt in the marina went in a DT and asked driver to take her too IBN Battuta malll ( 5 mins / 12Dhs).

He took her to the Burjaman Cente 75 dhs.

She was upset, she is only 20 and never been Dubai before and trusted the taxi driver.

What a little tasty.

She has been told if this happens again to stay in the taxi and ring the police.

Personally i find the "Egyptian" drivers the rudest.

very well said!! Egypitian taxi drivers are the rudest a**h**les. One guy just dropeed me in the middle of he road.I asked him to go to a place X.He took me to some place 'Y'. When i asked him, he started shouting at me.I said, i will call poice.He drpped me with all my luggage in the middle of the road.I asked him whether he is from Egypt.he said yes.These drivers are real B********s
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2008
Most of the time I am patient and understanding about taxi drivers refusing to take to my desired destination due to traffic, too much problem etc. Summer is fast approaching, I can't bear standing the scorching sun waiting to taxis and only to find out I've been refused. Now, I think my mobile phone number is now in top ten calling dubai taxi & any taxi operators complaining about their drivers. :lol:

And when a driver refuse, I tell him straight, I call your company to complain..afraid of the complain & fines, most of them will agree. I don't mind paying extra but to refuse is a No No for me now.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

May 17, 2008
Sorry to say this.This is not to offend any Egyptians..
But wen you get into a Taxi drien by an Egyptions...take care..
The only people who have cheated me so far....including the bloody taxi driver were Egyptians.I was ripped of by this Egyptian Taxi driver.He was rude, foolish & a cheaterThey aret he ones I fear out of all Arabic nationalities......Beware....
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list