Any Filipinos Here?

Topic locked
Any Filipinos here? Jul 23, 2007
i am looking for filipinos who are working in dubai..

.:.sassy_kc.:.
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 23, 2007
ok sassy:) there are tons of them here in dubai , but few on the board who pop in and out every now and then. They will respond in a while

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Any Filipinos here? Jul 23, 2007
.:.sassy_kc.:. wrote:i am looking for filipinos who are working in dubai..

Err..., you don't have to look very hard!

:lol:

Saan ang bahay mo sa Pilipinas?
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:ok sassy:) there are tons of them here in dubai , but few on the board who pop in and out every now and then. They will respond in a while

cheers,

J

oh i see. hope they will respond here.
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any Filipinos here? Jul 24, 2007
burton wrote:

dito sa manila.im looking for a job in dubai kasi.gusto ko malaman life jan kasi wala ako relatives jan.ilang years ka na jan?
Dubai Forum Visitor

.:.sassy_kc.:. wrote:
burton wrote:

dito sa manila.im looking for a job in dubai kasi.gusto ko malaman life jan kasi wala ako relatives jan.ilang years ka na jan?

Lol!
I'm sorry kc, but I'm not Filipino! I just like to practice my tagalog every now and then!

From Manila? I was in Manila last November, spent two weeks there. Had a great time...

Good luck with your job hunting!

:D

p.s. been in Dubai for quite a long time, 17 years on and off...
burton
Dubai forums Addict

burton wrote:

Lol!
I'm sorry kc, but I'm not Filipino! I just like to practice my tagalog every now and then!

From Manila? I was in Manila last November, spent two weeks there. Had a great time...

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2007
welcome aboard sassy...

if u have some closest friends from school days or college mates who works in Dubai, it is better to ask them about working lifestyle in Dubai and how to get a nice job.

Onething i will say to you, Don't yah Trust so easily to anyone....

Godspeed...
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 31, 2007
gracy wrote:welcome aboard sassy...

if u have some closest friends from school days or college mates who works in Dubai, it is better to ask them about working lifestyle in Dubai and how to get a nice job.

Onething i will say to you, Don't yah Trust so easily to anyone....

Godspeed...

ohh unfortunately i have nomore contact with my neighbors who are now in dubai ive heard that we have to go to accredited agencies here in our country.thanks for the reminder.are you a christian?
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any Filipinos here? Jul 31, 2007
burton wrote:
burton wrote:[

Lol!

oh hahaha :D i thought you're a filipino.you speak well ah...what's your nationality by the way?
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 02, 2007
hey sassy....

they are right.... u dont have to look that hard... lol!!!!

hmmmm....... dubai? how is it like? all i can think of is the traffic, high cost of living (rents and transportation)..

dubai is a cool place..... lots of nice places to go and shop around....

if u are looking for a place where u can find a job.... dubai is the place for you.... many opportunities..... u'll see buildings growing like mushrooms out of no where....

but if u r looking for a place where u can "somehow" relax and feel that u r not in the philippines..... i will suggest abu dhabi....

the thing is, job opportunities in abu dhabi are not that many compared to dubai...

there's a place in dubai (karama area) where filipinos already ignores one another... coz its like going to down town manila.... ull see tons of fillys around...

well, goodluck to you...... (reply in english please)

cheers......
v8chris
Dubai Forums Member

be very carefull Aug 02, 2007
yes Ako pinoy din !!!

kung gusto malaman kung ano pinakikingan naming pinoy dito punta ka sa www.dubairadiocast.ne1.net

Ok i got my plug through .... hehehehehe Dubai yes Very high Cost of lving

advice .... dont come to dubai on visit VISA being sold in Philippines THEY ARE RIP OFFS !!!!! There are a lot of Hopefulls here wo are jobless and are forced to live in bad living conditions and to do work they dont normally do (you know what i mean specially girls) i mean im not slagging my own ... but thats the truth ! and no matter what you do NEVER base your desicion on the movie "DUBAI"because somehow they manage to paint a fantasy land for OFW but they manage to forget those hundreds of Pinoy Visit Visa Hopefulls who are stuck and just merely surviving from low - wage part time jobs .....

bottom line If you have wife and Kids to depends on your income

and you are already making more than 13,000 Pesos . it means your ok ... DONT COME HERE Through Visit Visa ...... Wait and Try your luck through LEGAL Recruiters because they know better if you can get a job or not !!!

Ive seen so many ugly things happen, in one point i was planning to do a documentary " behind the lies of Dubai the Movie " but again im already doing well ... why fck my self ? just be VERY carefull on your decision .... Always think of your wife and kids ... before you take therisk

wanna know more go to www.dubairadiocast.ne1.net
dubai radiocast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: be very carefull Aug 02, 2007
dubai radiocast wrote:yes Ako pinoy din !!!

kung gusto malaman kung ano pinakikingan naming pinoy dito punta ka sa www.dubairadiocast.ne1.net

advice .... dont come to dubai on visit VISA being sold in Philippines THEY ARE RIP OFFS !!!!! There are a lot of Hopefulls here wo are jobless and are forced to live in bad living conditions and to do work they dont normally do (you know what i mean specially girls) i mean im not slagging my own ... but thats the truth ! and no matter what you do NEVER base your desicion on the movie "DUBAI"because somehow they manage to paint a fantasy land for OFW but they manage to forget those hundreds of Pinoy Visit Visa Hopefulls who are stuck and just merely surviving from low - wage part time jobs .....

and you are already making more than 13,000 Pesos . it means your ok ... DONT COME HERE Through Visit Visa ...... Wait and Try your luck through LEGAL Recruiters because they know better if you can get a job or not !!!

Ive seen so many ugly things happen, in one point i was planning to do a documentary " behind the lies of Dubai the Movie " but again im already doing well ... why fck my self ? just be VERY carefull on your decision .... Always think of your wife and kids ... before you take therisk

Nice advice radiocast :) and coming from a fellow countryman it would definately make sense to sassy
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2007
v8chris wrote:hey sassy....

they are right.... u dont have to look that hard... lol!!!!

hmmmm....... dubai? how is it like? all i can think of is the traffic, high cost of living (rents and transportation)..

dubai is a cool place..... lots of nice places to go and shop around....

if u are looking for a place where u can find a job.... dubai is the place for you.... many opportunities..... u'll see buildings growing like mushrooms out of no where....

but if u r looking for a place where u can "somehow" relax and feel that u r not in the philippines..... i will suggest abu dhabi....

the thing is, job opportunities in abu dhabi are not that many compared to dubai...

there's a place in dubai (karama area) where filipinos already ignores one another... coz its like going to down town manila.... ull see tons of fillys around...

well, goodluck to you...... (reply in english please)

cheers......

[color=green]oh lotsa filipinos! :shock:
im looking for a job actually because my friend encouraged me. :)
[/color]
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jeevan wrote:

Nice advice radiocast :) and coming from a fellow countryman it would definately make sense to sassy

oh i see.last night, dubai was featured on t.v and i've seen the condition of many filipinos who are now in dubai but didn't go through accredited agencies. the rooms which is 500dinar?am i right? very expensive but it seems its not comfortable to stay in that small room. i thought rooms there are like in "movie dubai" thanks for telling me. how much is the nice and comfortable apartment/room there,just like one in movie dubai? how about you,how's your life in duba? one pinay told her story about being almost raped by arab taxi driver . whew! that's scary!!!!
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jeevan wrote:

oh i see.last night, dubai was featured on t.v and i've seen the condition of many filipinos who are now in dubai but didn't go through accredited agencies. the rooms which are 500dinar?am i right? very expensive but it seems its not comfortable to stay in that small room. i thought rooms there are like in "movie dubai" thanks for telling me. how much is the nice and comfortable apartment/room there,just like one in movie dubai? how about you,how's your life in duba? one pinay told her story about being almost raped by arab taxi driver . whew! that's scary!!!!
Dubai Forum Visitor

Hi sassy.

I am from the UK.
I was born in London but I also grew up in Dubai. My gf is from Davao.

My simple advice is this:

Yes, sometimes in Dubai you can encounter 'unique' problems or annoyances. And no, Dubai is definitely NOT always paradise.
But, on the whole, this place is quite wonderful!

IF you have the chance, IF you can come here through the right way/procedure and IF you can get a legitimate or good/average job here, go for it!

The fact is this: the majority of your kabayan in Dubai are contented, safe and making money which they are happy with.

Good luck again!

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2007
Burtons IF's are perfect :)

Every individual is different here, whats big money for me might not be the same for others, for some it might be peanuts with their standard of living, for others it would be a dream salary. THe point here is finding a midway solution with which you are satisfied.

I was happy with Dubai to a certain extent, wouldnt say i loved it. I am moving on in this month, its one of those decisions that one has to take.

But like Burton said, you go through right sources and land up a decent job, you MAYBE satisfied on what your final goals are.

Cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2007
I'm a filipino who has been offered to move to Dubai to lead a desk of equity derivative traders. I'm not sure if the package they offered is good enough so please let me know. I would also like to know if here are filipino communities in the area.

The package offered is ( in monthly breakdown)

Compensation 100,000 AED
Housing Allow 15,000 AED
Transpo Allow 7,000 AED
Entertainment/Misc 10,000 AED
Health Care Provided
5% Year-end Bonus on Desk Capital Gain

I would also like to stay in area where I have a good backyard for my kids and prefereably a good school.

Thanks for your advise and comments
aninox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2007
aninox wrote:I'm a filipino who has been offered to move to Dubai to lead a desk of equity derivative traders. I'm not sure if the package they offered is good enough so please let me know. I would also like to know if here are filipino communities in the area.

Compensation 100,000 AED
Housing Allow 15,000 AED
Transpo Allow 7,000 AED
Health Care Provided

I would also like to stay in area where I have a good backyard for my kids and prefereably a good school.

Dhs, $ or Peso?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 02, 2007
Figures in Dhs.
aninox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2007
aninox wrote:Figures in Dhs.

Monthly?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 02, 2007
All figures are in monthly except Bonus because it will be based on the actual end-of-year capital gain of the desk account
aninox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
aninox wrote:I'm a filipino who has been offered to move to Dubai to lead a desk of equity derivative traders. I'm not sure if the package they offered is good enough so please let me know. I would also like to know if here are filipino communities in the area.

Compensation 100,000 AED
Housing Allow 15,000 AED
Transpo Allow 7,000 AED
Health Care Provided

Dhs, $ or Peso?

Ummm you do realize that AED is the official currency code for the UAE right? she does write AED on her post, unless it was edited.

and damn if you're making 100k a month you're doing awesome.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 02, 2007
hmmmm.... sounds like an interesting package (if its for real).....

1st time to hear such package for filipinos (no racism involved)......

well, if u r educated, no need to ask such thing.... no need to do the math..... sounds like a fantasy to me..... but take it if its "for real"...

we have a family friend whos running a multinational company....... he's not even close to ur package.......

ANINOX'S MONTHLY PACKAGE:

AED 132,000

CONVERTION IN PESOS - PHP 1,716,000

HMMMMMMMM................ NO MORE COMMENTS.............

DO U NEED AN ANTI DEPRESSANT DRUG OR SOMETHING???

CHEERS!!!

aninox wrote:All figures are in monthly except Bonus because it will be based on the actual end-of-year capital gain of the desk account
v8chris
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 03, 2007
aninox wrote:I'm a filipino who has been offered to move to Dubai... I'm not sure if the package they offered is good enough so please let me know....

Compensation 100,000 AED...

:shock: :D

Pare, I dunno what to say...um, whatever you're smoking, I'll have some too!!

But if that is the package, just give me a call and I'll be your tour guide for AED 10,000 a month.

peace.

burton
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2007
v8chris wrote:1st time to hear such package for filipinos (no racism involved)......

ANINOX'S MONTHLY PACKAGE:

AED 132,000

First time I hear of a package this high, period.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 03, 2007
The package is a standard package offered here in the US for any sr. trader who wants to relocate to Dubai. The salary component (converted to US$) will be almost the same what traders are paid here but the savings will be in the taxes and allowances.

It will be a big move for me if I accept it that is why I'm asking for comments/advise.

Another trader who moved to DUBAI keeps saying that it's not worth it for him and he will return to US after his contract finishes in Feb 2009 but I thinking more of maybe he's not the saving type but not really sure.
aninox
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 03, 2007
aninox wrote:The package is a standard package offered here in the US for any sr. trader who wants to relocate to Dubai. The salary component (converted to US$) will be almost the same what traders are paid here but the savings will be in the taxes and allowances.

It will be a big move for me if I accept it that is why I'm asking for comments/advise.

Another trader who moved to DUBAI keeps saying that it's not worth it for him and he will return to US after his contract finishes in Feb 2009 but I thinking more of maybe he's not the saving type but not really sure.

If the package is the same and you save on the taxes, I would think that it is beneficial to come here. Just a thought though, are you not liable for US taxes even working abroad?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 03, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
aninox wrote:The package is a standard package offered here in the US for any sr. trader who wants to relocate to Dubai. The salary component (converted to US$) will be almost the same what traders are paid here but the savings will be in the taxes and allowances.

If the package is the same and you save on the taxes, I would think that it is beneficial to come here. Just a thought though, are you not liable for US taxes even working abroad?

Depends on citizenship and passport. If you have both passports, enter Dubai on your Filopino passport = no tax to US GVT.
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat