More than AED20k but less than AED40k
54%
More than AED40k but less than AED60k
19%
More than AED60k
8%

Total votes : 26

How much are you being paid ? Jul 06, 2007
doing a poll to determine how well expats are being paid a month..... monthly pay include basic salary, housing allowance, car allowance, children education subsidy etc... aka all in expenses...

chubbyhubby
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 06, 2007
Some of us here are aiming for at least 20k.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 11, 2007
Okay. I want to know who are the two people earning more than 60K, who do you work for, and are they hiring?
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2007
75% of people on this forum make 20k to 60k? Now we know what management does all day in their offices.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 15, 2007
gtmash wrote:75% of people on this forum make 20k to 60k? Now we know what management does all day in their offices.

Okay, I've put my quote 40 - 60k.

Now tell me why you are so surprised and also tell me why anyone would relocate if they would not get this at least ?

I've arrived here now, but other than cheaper food at the food court and some cloth at the shopping mall all is as expensive as i.e. the UK.

Or do I miss something ?

ps.: Considering to keep the same standard, which is NOT to share a room and have a house with a bit of a garden for some freedom.
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 16, 2007
Habibi, you're talking about a tax-free salary range equivalent to £65k to £100K at current exchange rates. Dubai may well be on a par with the UK in terms of expense, and in some respects is more expensive, but you should still be able to live a reasonably comfortable life on less than AED40K a month. I suppose it depends on what you're used to and what line of work you're in.
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2007
jayzed wrote:Habibi, you're talking about a tax-free salary range equivalent to £65k to £100K at current exchange rates. Dubai may well be on a par with the UK in terms of expense, and in some respects is more expensive, but you should still be able to live a reasonably comfortable life on less than AED40K a month. I suppose it depends on what you're used to and what line of work you're in.

See, the differents here really is the question the OP has asked, which is what the "Expat packages" are.

If you move abroad for a company, away from home and family, you need to compare this income to what you earn at home. It must be higher - it's a "relocation" question really. Relocation comes with a lot of headache and extra costs. It must be worth doing this.
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

65k Jul 19, 2007
So what, im on 65k excl housing ,schooling ,vehicles ..etc and struggle with expenses here…+ paying mortgage there + …
many colleagues here never had good life experience and taste real lifestyle and thought 60+/month is some thing…go new Zealand guys!!
Cheers to all
Mikekiwi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: 65k Jul 19, 2007
Mikekiwi wrote:So what, im on 65k excl housing ,schooling ,vehicles ..etc and struggle with expenses here…+ paying mortgage there + …
many colleagues here never had good life experience and taste real lifestyle and thought 60+/month is some thing…go new Zealand guys!!
Cheers to all

That didn't make any sense at all - or is it just me. :?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Re: 65k Jul 19, 2007
XPClone wrote:
Mikekiwi wrote:So what, im on 65k excl housing ,schooling ,vehicles ..etc and struggle with expenses here…+ paying mortgage there + …
Cheers to all

That didn't make any sense at all - or is it just me. :?

I didn't get it either.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 19, 2007
Mike kiwi is obviously working in dollars and annual rather than monthly.

BTW a more accurate Poll would include Less then 4,000. 4001 to 7000. 7001 to 15000, 15001 to 20,000 and then the above levels. As many expats from non-western countries fall into these brackets.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 19, 2007
scarlet wrote:Mike kiwi is obviously working in dollars and annual rather than monthly.

BTW a more accurate Poll would include Less then 4,000. 4001 to 7000. 7001 to 15000, 15001 to 20,000 and then the above levels. As many expats from non-western countries fall into these brackets.

That is correct. Dhs 5k and Dhs 15k is a world of difference for us poor folks.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 19, 2007
no offence intended gt - its just that some people here are underpaid/or overpaid according to nationality
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 19, 2007
scarlet wrote:no offence intended gt - its just that some people here are underpaid/or overpaid according to nationality

Hehe, I wasn't offended. I was agreeing with you.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: How much are you being paid ? Jul 23, 2007
chubbyhubby wrote:doing a poll to determine how well expats are being paid a month..... monthly pay include basic salary, housing allowance, car allowance, children education subsidy etc... aka all in expenses...

iminterested about this.because my neighbor got a job in dubai but earning 7,000.00 (peso rate) its below the minimum wage salary here. i wonder HOW he survives in dubai!! :shock: he's earning less 400 dirhams i guess....
.:.sassy_kc.:.
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 23, 2007
I believe if you are earning less than 2000 a month then the employer must provide transport, accommodation and food
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

reply Aug 05, 2007
hi Scarlet,
no, im getting 65k/month......and will negotiate to 80/m soon. good luck to all.
aim hig-always
Mikekiwi
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum