Sheiks

Topic locked
Dec 21, 2006
I thought this stupid thread was locked and buried a long time ago. Man, some people are great at bringing back the dead!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 21, 2006
kanelli wrote:I thought this stupid thread was locked and buried a long time ago. Man, some people are great at bringing back the dead!

you have to admit that you get a good laugh from it....

:sigh:

nothing intersting ever happens here now
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2007
Strange I found driving in Dubai very nice and slow paced compaired to Houston new york city or San fransico.
Cupid
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 15, 2007
I agree that it is a personal choice. BUT I am afraid Islam does not allow womanising and alchol and for very good reasons.

Womanising and all that promotes the woman 'trade' which demeans women. Alcohol intoxicate your brain and you end up doing nasty things like cause accidents, mistreat people or do self-harm. Smoking is bad for you and you become a burden on the state when you get fall ill due to smoking.

Yes there are a lot of things which seem personal, but when you look at them closer they have an impact on society.
nikka
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 17, 2007
Somebody said there was no womanizing ther but there is it is just hidden. My Gf gets phone calls for date from her CV online an some even pretend to have a job till you meet them,Then they get aggressive. Worst womanizing place on the planet they just try to hide it.
Cupid
Dubai Forums Member

Re: sheiks Jul 19, 2007
baba90 wrote:My family friends have been living in Dubai for about 2 months. I say that they love Dubai... but the only main thing they dislike are the sheiks. The sheiks, they say, can get away from practically anything. My family has bought a apartment in Dubai in the marina scape buildings, by the way. Anyways we are plannin on moving there too but we are still concerned about the sheiks and how we would deal with them. I am only 15, but one day me and my girl friend went into McDonalds. While waiting in line... one sheiks just comes up and cuts the whole line. And another thing. As being a muslim, you are not supposed to drink alchohal. BUT EVERY SHEIK THERE DRINKS. AND SLEEPS WITH ANY WOMAN THEY WANT. IT JUST PISSES ME OFF THAT THEY CAN WALK AROUND DUBAI ACTING LIKE THEY OWN THE FREKIN PLACE...

Hey dude,

You are right, sometimes it is irritating when someone cuts in your Q. Happens to me all the time ever since im here in Dubai. Im a Chinese Malaysian and i have alot of Muslim friends in Kuala Lumpur. They drink alcohol too, but there all nice people and we respect each other. In Malaysia, we live in a multi cultural society similar to Dubai. I feel that we just need to control our temper abit in everything we do. Maaad, dont be heart broken. :)..hehehe.

My humble opinion.

Cheers baba90
Zarak
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 31, 2007
You sound like you are too young to know how to have your own opinion

All over the world, you find nice and corrupt people

And if the cheiks are that horrible, the English, American and yourself wouldn't be going to live in Dubai!

I am Arab from Tunisia and I am proud of what this country has achieved in a short period.

If you are not happy , come and live in the UK
skillipedia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 31, 2007
skillipedia wrote:You sound like you are too young to know how to have your own opinion

that is the worst begining sentence to an argument i have ever seen....

everyone is entitled to have their own opinion regardless of their age.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2007
I just saw this post, i know its too late to reply but the whole thing does NOT make sense..

I know many Sheikhs (people from the ruling family), most of them you wouldnt know who they are..

Many people act like sheikhs and eventually get in trouble, plus the sheikhs (most of them) wouldnt like people to do wrong this, and they see themselves as role models..

Like someone said before, every country has good and bad people, and i see many expats in the UAE (mostly european - no offence), some of them just come in front of me when I (UAE national) am standing in a Q and refuse to stand in line unless I make a big issue out of it only because they think everyone else will believe them..and their driving is very bad as well..

Everyone just has the idea in mind and many people make stories about having problems with sheikhs, think about it, if they dont want to wait in line, they dont have to, they can ask any person that works for them to get them whatever they want, they can have mcdonalds at home if they wanted to..

Just think about it and be reasonable..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 23, 2008
well i am not sure how i ended up in this section, but it was an interesting read. and as to my first post, some thoughts: i am soon to live in the UAE for the first time and the way i see it - people are people, and all things relative...we have more in common that not (and as a disclaimer - i am not a hippie, but have made this observation via experience over time after having lived in a few different countries). as i begin to move into the UAE and set up business there i think to myself ~ "hey, it is their country...they set the rules...they can do what they want...they seem to make it reasonably easy for new people with new ideas to come in there and do business and play a part in a growing economy and a new model for the gulf, and as such i should be grateful for the opportunity and invitation and say 'thank you' to its leadership that makes it possible."

if i am off base please correct me. Thanks
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Mar 26, 2008
On the other hand they need all the expats for their success.
No matter if you are a construction worker from India, a Pilot from the UK, a water engineer from the netherlands or whatever.
And when I read in the Gulfnews that UAE Government is thinking about discounting Food and Fuel for Locals this has nothing to do with a give and get attitude.

"Don' t bite the hand that feeds you" is unknown in the UAE.
If you know and accept this and close your eyes for certain things you can have a descent live.

Totally off topic but just my 2 cents
Bitze
Dubai Forum Guest

May 17, 2008
But Dubai is allowing prostitution.....how ?!!!!

nikka wrote:I agree that it is a personal choice. BUT I am afraid Islam does not allow womanising and alchol and for very good reasons.

Womanising and all that promotes the woman 'trade' which demeans women. Alcohol intoxicate your brain and you end up doing nasty things like cause accidents, mistreat people or do self-harm. Smoking is bad for you and you become a burden on the state when you get fall ill due to smoking.

Yes there are a lot of things which seem personal, but when you look at them closer they have an impact on society.
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 30, 2008
kingkong wrote:But Dubai is allowing prostitution.....how ?!!!!

nikka wrote:I agree that it is a personal choice. BUT I am afraid Islam does not allow womanising and alchol and for very good reasons.

Dubai does not allow prostitution but tollerates it.
:oops:
UmmRashid
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 02, 2008
Man it is simple, money rules.
people without money in dubai have all sorts of issues, while people with it can have a dream life. the ones caught in the middle, well they are completely dependent on their luck!
personally, i have had a couple of bad incidents with locals, but thats ok. I am in their country, and you cant expect every1 to be hospitable, and they are not bound to be. We are all here becauze of our own selfish reasons, not because LOCALS are forcing us to be here. So, the compromise we have to make being Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, whoever..) is to have low self-esteem. We are having a better lifestyle here than our country, and we should be thankful for that. To be honest, we are here because we are better off here than in our homeland. So to expect the same respect as in our homeland is unreasonable and uncalled for.
All the above said, a humble request for everyone living in Dubai is to treat a person on his/her merit and not based on nationalities. Together, we are all contributing to the growth of this place, and everyone has almost equal contribution here.
I can understand Jason's outburst, but he is himself responsible for all that coz he chose to be here.
Similarly, I am here to make more money and have a better job, and its Ok if I get a little mistreatment. What I am quite confident is that If I stay clear of arguments, fights, altercations, crimes, no one will mess with me. I believe the same goes with every other Expat here.
iambanned
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2008
See my friend,
Not only in arab countries, everywhere in world there are good people and bad people. So it is not fare to abuse all the arabs. I know well alot of good arab people and even bad also.

But i feel nowadays the number is increasing in bad side.
ind_in_dxb
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2008
ind_in_dxb
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 18, 2008
UmmRashid wrote:
kingkong wrote:But Dubai is allowing prostitution.....how ?!!!!

Dubai does not allow prostitution but tollerates it.
:oops:

Ha ha ...tolerates? really? I feel it is one of the main business in DUbai allowed by the government itself.If this stops....there will be a major hit for business in DUbai ( worser than economic crisis)
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Re: sheiks Jun 15, 2009
baba90 wrote:My family friends have been living in Dubai for about 2 months. I say that they love Dubai... but the only main thing they dislike are the sheiks. The sheiks, they say, can get away from practically anything. My family has bought a apartment in Dubai in the marina scape buildings, by the way. Anyways we are plannin on moving there too but we are still concerned about the sheiks and how we would deal with them. I am only 15, but one day me and my girl friend went into McDonalds. While waiting in line... one sheiks just comes up and cuts the whole line. And another thing. As being a muslim, you are not supposed to drink alchohal. BUT EVERY SHEIK THERE DRINKS. AND SLEEPS WITH ANY WOMAN THEY WANT. IT JUST PISSES ME OFF THAT THEY CAN WALK AROUND DUBAI ACTING LIKE THEY OWN THE FREKIN PLACE...

hehehhe welcome to dubai! :lol: :wink:
scms
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 23, 2009
iambanned wrote:
Similarly, I am here to make more money and have a better job, and its Ok if I get a little mistreatment. What I am quite confident is that If I stay clear of arguments, fights, altercations, crimes, no one will mess with me.

you dont mind if someone treats you like a door mat? what kind of no dignity low-life are you?
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 25, 2009
Sheiks own the place because nothing is done without their promotion
they who are organize it.

and believe me Dubai without them Unbearable
one point, in uae their are different standards in which some poeple such Sheiks and whome refered to superiority have the right to do things but others NOP !
by the way, your words are rude you could instead type another with some of kindess.
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Sheiks Apr 28, 2013
Once I saw a Sheik rub his shwarma up a woman kuboos in a queue at mcdonalds, poor woman couldnt do anything about it, or maybe she liked it.
esssarr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat