Tinting Car Windows...

Topic locked
Tinting car windows... May 06, 2007
I just got my new car and was hoping you guys can advice on the best window tinting in town. The dealer offered a tinting service by a US company costing around 2600dhs, not really sure if that's reasonable or not. Any feedback would be great.

fafit
Dubai Forums Member

May 06, 2007
That's bull. So is Vkool. I hear on other forums that it isn't as magical as they claim it to be.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 06, 2007
Just get yourself to Satwa and get the glasses tinted for 60 bucks

:wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 06, 2007
id suggest 3m, not too expensive like vcool and performace is same. I know because we have one car vkooled and another one 3m'ed. paid twice as much for the vkool but car is not twice as much cooler. maybe just a fraction cooler than the 3m.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2007
thanks for all the feedback...
so where can I get the 3m? is there some place that i can get it done?
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

May 07, 2007
i know there is one in mussafah (30km from abu dhabi). in dubai, ive seen a 3m dealer on SZR, but dont remember where exactly
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:i know there is one in mussafah (30km from abu dhabi). in dubai, ive seen a 3m dealer on SZR, but dont remember where exactly

People say a place called HSV opposite Lamcy does 3M too.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2007
did my car at 3M Ibn Batutta, China Court inside the covered parking area. I only selected the ScotchTint legal version. Very happy with the result. There is a new one call Crystal something, more expensive. But the Scotchtint with 5 years warranty does the trick for me. Misplaced their phonenumber, otherwise will post it here. Friday open after 4pm. Sat opens at 11am. Weekdays? Don't know. Don't go to mall on weekdays :-)
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 02, 2007
JeepDude wrote:did my car at 3M Ibn Batutta, China Court inside the covered parking area. I only selected the ScotchTint legal version. Very happy with the result. There is a new one call Crystal something, more expensive. But the Scotchtint with 5 years warranty does the trick for me. Misplaced their phonenumber, otherwise will post it here. Friday open after 4pm. Sat opens at 11am. Weekdays? Don't know. Don't go to mall on weekdays :-)

How much did you pay for yours?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2007
Got my 3M at the Eppco station on the Sharjah to Ajman Road ( just after the Wasit Roundabout ). Cost AED 300.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2007
sauron, pretty sure you got fake 3m
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 03, 2007
:lol: Quite possibly, but it's pretty effective whatever it is!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2007
Hi Guys!
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post here.

Don't know if any of you guys have done this before.
This is what I have been doing. I put reflective tints and another tint on top of it (DoubleTints). The second tint is usually the colour you want(colour of ur car..etc. your choice). So, if you see straight at the window the colour is not visible because the reflective tint is whts visible and it gives good privacy, but if you look at an angle, the colour shows out. This way you get advantage of both the tints.
But, obviously you need to wait for a day till the first one dries up. I usually give it a week or so.
Looks kewl on dark coloured cars.

I don't bother much in branded tints. They are expensive and I don't think they can work if you car is parked in the sun for 8hrs! The sun is going to heatup anything in its way. It might be working if you are driving, but so does the non-branded! So whts the point in spending so much on 3M & VKool. Warranty? Getting a year warranty isn't so bad for 60bucks and then NEW TINTS 8)
saleemsak
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 04, 2007
paid for mine about 800dhs for 5 years warranty, only side windows and rear window, not front. my car is a landrover disco, plenty of windows to cover. i believe a sedan will cost less. there is also an option to cover the front window with clear, but cost you more.
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 11, 2007
Any one heard of safeguard then? are they good?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Sep 11, 2007
What's the rule with tinting for expats, front windows have to be left clear? Is this something that is commonly overlooked though.
hcaleman
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 11, 2007
dont go over 30% on the side windows. the front windsheild should have no tint or clear tint only.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto