Eating Out With Kids

Topic locked
eating out with kids Jul 08, 2007
can anyone recommend a nice restaraunt good food, good entertainment where kids are welcome. Anywhere either marina area or madinat jumeirah area. thankyou

Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 09, 2007
Last time I try some restaurants in Madinat Jumeirah (except Noodle House) they kick us out. No kids allowed.

Entertainment for the parents or kids (like a playground)?
The latter, I would still prefer food courts of malls (MOE/City Center). Magic Planet is only next to it.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 09, 2007
I think restaurants are not for kids (particularly in the evening) - specially not toddlers or misbehaved one. It is incosiderate for other dinners many of whom got a babysitter themselves so they can enjoy an evening at a quiet restaurant.

There is a place and a time for everytthing...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2007
xty wrote:Last time I try some restaurants in Madinat Jumeirah (except Noodle House) they kick us out. No kids allowed.

Good to know!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2007
Concord wrote:I think restaurants are not for kids (particularly in the evening) - specially not toddlers or misbehaved one. It is incosiderate for other dinners many of whom got a babysitter themselves so they can enjoy an evening at a quiet restaurant.

I agree with this. It winds me up as sometimes you can see the kids are tired as it's late which is the reason they start playing up.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jul 09, 2007
a Kid friendly place is Macaroni Grill in Dubai Festival City .. its a bit far out from Madinat Jumeirah but you will have a good experience.. they will give the kids (and adults) crayons so you can scribble on the table and the Kids get a 3 course meal for only 16 dhs !! (including refills on OJ or milk)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2007
Friday Brunch is good, but in Marriott Deira ... 04-2624444.
Empi
Dubai Forum User

Jul 09, 2007
Concord wrote:I think restaurants are not for kids (particularly in the evening) - specially not toddlers or misbehaved one. It is incosiderate for other dinners many of whom got a babysitter themselves so they can enjoy an evening at a quiet restaurant.

But my daughter was only one year old baby, on a stroller. She couldn't even talk or walk. And she's not easy to cry.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: eating out with kids Jul 16, 2007
Xander wrote:can anyone recommend a nice restaraunt good food, good entertainment where kids are welcome. Anywhere either marina area or madinat jumeirah area. thankyou

The Hard Rock cafe always struck me as being very kiddy-friendly, plus they have good food and a good live band.

Lat time I went it was like a bloody creche, little tykes running around all over the place!
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 17, 2007

I am guessing you don't have kids!

Have dinner with my three year old sometime!

Then you will realise how lovely having a dinner out with children can be.
My daughter has been out with me all over the world since she was born!
Now at three, likes to dress up and go out for dinner and tells me what food she fancies!!! Chinese is her favourite and has nearly managed the whole chopstick thing!
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum