More Karaoke

Topic locked
More Karaoke Apr 23, 2007
Well, after fending off a few offers for a recording contract, I feel sufficiently ego fuelled that we should start thinking about the next session.

The Chinese Restaurant is good, cheapish, and private... but welcome to other suggestions re venue.

Note, a few of us Karaoke regulars are going to India at the end of May for a week or so and would love to do it before then.

We are of course, going to India for discussions with Bollywood producers.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 23, 2007
nice going :) and ya this shud give new people ample of time to make up their mind and join us :) Ian are ya thinking of the place in Burdubai?? traffic would leave out half the people
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2007
hey guys........give out the timings u do karaoke..........hope it is not in the late nights....plan something in bright day........preferrably on saturdays(10-5).........not before this nor later than this
raina
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2007
raina wrote:hey guys........give out the timings u do karaoke..........hope it is not in the late nights....plan something in bright day........preferrably on saturdays(10-5).........not before this nor later than this

Raina karaokes in day are no fun , and usually everyones free in the evenings , lets see what people come up with this time. , not a lot of new people look interested though. i guess everyones afraid to put a face to their identity :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2007
I'd be interested though out of the country till 16th may

tony
prenton01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 24, 2007
Guys, if you're going for the Bur Dubai area, I would suggest a Friday as traffic will be minimal. Or if on a weekday, make it later say 9-9.30 to give people ample time to get there. I really wanted to come to the last one, but it was just impossible in the end.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2007
choco u wouldnt believe this, pretty penny made it at 11 15, concord came in at around 1015 if i am not mistaken, u shud have come :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:choco u wouldnt believe this, pretty penny made it at 11 15, concord came in at around 1015 if i am not mistaken, u shud have come :)

Yeah a lot of people came from the Marina end... it's no hassle if you plan around the traffic.

Having said that I would be in flavour of a friday night as well. Gives me all day saturday to warm up my vocal chords.

A Mr. Sanjetty Papadomallikra rang me today and is interested in signing me up to a couple of Bollywood movies.... wow :shock: word spreads!
^ian^

Apr 24, 2007
Having perused the Time Out this week I have come to the conclusion that the karaoke place in the Hyatt Regency may be a good idea. Any thoughts, has anyone been there? I'll read it over once more and give a few other options later.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 24, 2007
Never realised karaoke places can be quite comfy to snooze. I was drowsy after a sip of whisky despite all noise around me (well I mean everyone sang so well it puts me to sleep)...

I better shut up now, or else I wont be welcomed to the next event.

Disclaimer: I really cant sing. But I am good at ordering chinese food apparently :)
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Apr 24, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Never realised karaoke places can be quite comfy to snooze. I was drowsy after a sip of whisky despite all noise around me (well I mean everyone sang so well it puts me to sleep)...

Disclaimer: I really cant sing. But I am good at ordering chinese food apparently :)

Thats a direct attack on our singing abilities, but wont complain as u did a super job with the chow. But if we go to a new place next time u have to sing a song as u might not be ordering the food :lol: coz it might not be a chinese place

i loved the food.... :oops:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2007
Oh..dont worry, when it comes to food, i am suddenly multi-lingual. I am sure there will be plenty for me to do apart from singing.

Seriously speaking, I enjoy watching you lot having fun.

Jeevan wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:Never realised karaoke places can be quite comfy to snooze. I was drowsy after a sip of whisky despite all noise around me (well I mean everyone sang so well it puts me to sleep)...

Thats a direct attack on our singing abilities, but wont complain as u did a super job with the chow. But if we go to a new place next time u have to sing a song as u might not be ordering the food :lol: coz it might not be a chinese place

i loved the food.... :oops:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Apr 24, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Oh..dont worry, when it comes to food, i am suddenly multi-lingual. I am sure there will be plenty for me to do apart from singing.

Seriously speaking, I enjoy watching you lot having fun.

Well, we sure had fun... singing duets, trios, quintets and the odd sextet.
^ian^

Apr 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
BabyDoll wrote: Oh..dont worry, when it comes to food, i am suddenly multi-lingual. I
Well, we sure had fun... singing duets, trios, quintets and the odd sextet.

:shock: :shock: :shock: nobody told me there wud be s.e.x. had i known i would have come 8)
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 25, 2007
was there any dancing while singing at the karaoke
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2007
Bleakus wrote:was there any dancing while singing at the karaoke

Yeah we had a great time... there was everything:

* eating
* dancing
* more eating
* drinking
* pretty good singing (me)
* not so good singing (everyone else)
* sleeping (BabyDoll)

Yeah it was a great time!
^ian^

Apr 26, 2007
Question for the Karaoke buffs ... are there any decent karaoke places in Bahrain?
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2007
Ian i guess ur detoxed :) and if const is around how bout having the next session?? i might not be around for long from the look of it.

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:Ian i guess ur detoxed :) and if const is around how bout having the next session?? i might not be around for long from the look of it.

cheers,

J

Where you going :?:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Concord wrote:
Jeevan wrote:Ian i guess ur detoxed :) and if const is around how bout having the next session?? i might not be around for long from the look of it.

cheers,

J

will let ya know when we meet:) don wanna put it on here at this moment.:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:
Concord wrote:

cheers,

J

What? Previous session was the first time i met you. And the next one will be a farewell?? :cry:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jun 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:
Concord wrote:
Jeevan wrote:Ian i guess ur detoxed :) and if const is around how bout having the next session?? i might not be around for long from the look of it.cheers,

J

Sorry, did not make myself clear. See red text!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
All i can say is am leaving for good :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:All i can say is am leaving for good :)

Congratz ;), keep in touch though.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jun 25, 2007
habibi knows my plans :) thanks fayz though i wont be here forums and messenger will always be available hehehe.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2007
So all set for the next one? Jeev bhai?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 25, 2007
haan yaar tereko to sab pata hai:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Jeevan wrote:choco u wouldnt believe this, pretty penny made it at 11 15, concord came in at around 1015 if i am not mistaken, u shud have come :)

Yeah a lot of people came from the Marina end... it's no hassle if you plan around the traffic.

Having said that I would be in flavour of a friday night as well. Gives me all day saturday to warm up my vocal chords.

A Mr. Sanjetty Papadomallikra rang me today and is interested in signing me up to a couple of Bollywood movies.... wow :shock: word spreads!

hahahahahaha :D hadn't read this one :D sounds like a telgu movie producer to me.. u should take it seriously.. hope u've cricketing experience like bret.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 25, 2007
Jeevan wrote:haan yaar tereko to sab pata hai:)

Yeah.. Yet another farewell.. so when is the karaoke?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 28, 2007
Farewell Bhai J.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events