Driving Licence Debacle

Topic locked
May 24, 2007
^^ hes right

i know a guy who bribed a sharjah cop, on the day of his test the police guy made the sechudle such that his turn would come in the end so he could pass him with out any one seeing

xibit
Dubai forums Addict

May 25, 2007
xibit wrote:^^ hes right

i know a guy who bribed a sharjah cop, on the day of his test the police guy made the sechudle such that his turn would come in the end so he could pass him with out any one seeing

Rumours, rumours, rumours :roll: :roll: :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 25, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

Bribing is a really. My bro's friend is learning to drive manual after he "bought" his manual license in Abu Dhabi. Can you really imagine some of those rich snobs actually taking orders from an instructor?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2007
gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Bribing is a really. My bro's friend is learning to drive manual after he "bought" his manual license in Abu Dhabi. Can you really imagine some of those rich snobs actually taking orders from an instructor?

Still rumours as far as I am concerned
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 26, 2007
i am still telling you, pay me 500 bucks & i will get you passed. this is not the first time i am getting some one passed.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dubai Driving license May 27, 2007
I too have licenses from 2 GCC countries and after taking classes failed three attempts for flimsy reasons - attentiveness, lane changing - ridiculous!!!
faisalimran
Dubai Forum Guest

May 27, 2007
ahamed wrote:i am still telling you, pay me 500 bucks & i will get you passed. this is not the first time i am getting some one passed.

can you get me to skip the 20 or 40 classes too???
i might have to take you up on that offer
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 27, 2007
@cheap

you are taking d/l from sharjah arent you ?

however, taking the classes have become mandatory. Or even if you are not taking it, you need to wait until your date comes.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

May 28, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

http://www.7days.ae/showstory.php?id=51389
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 28, 2007
gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

http://www.7days.ae/showstory.php?id=51389

You expect us to take this article seriously?

Check it out;

finding the bribe money in AS’s pocket
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 05, 2007
Ok since I started this topic, its only fair to report what had happened to me. Here's the thing for anyone who is thinking about taking the lesson. Dont be lazy, go to Galadari in Al Qusais, just before Sharjah. If you've reached Sahara Mall (like I did) you are already in Sharjah!!

Anyway back to topic, I didnt need to take up lessons. I went straight for the test and passed straight away. But of course this comes with many years of driving experiences in many countries - left and right handed. Or maybe female instructor is easier. And the damage is less than 300 dir. Time spent all in all 3.5 hrs :lol:

However do take note that once you get your automatic licence you are stuck with it. I didnt know I now cant drive a manual car in this country :( But then again no one explained that to me.

Anway I am so glad I got the licence at ease.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jun 05, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Ok since I started this topic, its only fair to report what had happened to me. Here's the thing for anyone who is thinking about taking the lesson. Dont be lazy, go to Galadari in Al Qusais, just before Sharjah. If you've reached Sahara Mall (like I did) you are already in Sharjah!!

Anyway back to topic, I didnt need to take up lessons. I went straight for the test and passed straight away. But of course this comes with many years of driving experiences in many countries - left and right handed. Or maybe female instructor is easier. And the damage is less than 300 dir. Time spent all in all 3.5 hrs :lol:

However do take note that once you get your automatic licence you are stuck with it. I didnt know I now cant drive a manual car in this country :( But then again no one explained that to me.

Anway I am so glad I got the licence at ease.

Congratulations, but once they gave Wafey a license I figure anyone can get one.

Never met you but I'm sure you are an excellent driver.

ps1. Not sure whether Wafey's is real.
ps2. I met you but you were sleeping both times!!!!!!!!!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2007
Thanks Charlie Brown.
But please dont insult me by comparing with Waf :roll:
Having said that, I was in his car 3 times and it wasnt reckless ... although I was asleep on one of them :lol:

The sleeper...

Congratulations, but once they gave Wafey a license I figure anyone can get one.

Never met you but I'm sure you are an excellent driver.

ps1. Not sure whether Wafey's is real.
ps2. I met you but you were sleeping both times!!!!!!!!![/quote]
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2007
ps2. I met you but you were sleeping both times!!!!!!!!![/quote]

:shock: What are you doing in my bedroom??
tsk tsk. mom says never to associate anyone who stalks !! :wink:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2007
congrats;) one more to join the out of control traffic in Dubai :lol:

Waf got his license???? :shock:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2007
Jeevan wrote:congrats;) one more to join the out of control traffic in Dubai :lol:

Waf has had his license for about 6 to 7 months.

How he got it still remains a mystery.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 06, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Jeevan wrote:congrats;) one more to join the out of control traffic in Dubai :lol:

if his driving skills are same as his skating skills god save all :lol: the official drifter at karting :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2007
^ian^ wrote:

Baksheesh most likely :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:I have New Zealand & International Licences. Malaysia passport.

That's one licence, not two.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 04, 2007
ahamed wrote:gone are the old days in dubai.

my friend got his lisence in 4 days since, during those days they used to give short courses & assesment test to decide the number of classes to be taken.

i got my d/l in 7 days excluding thursday & friday and one the 8th day i had the golden card in my hand

aite.. pay me 500 bux and i will get ur d/l done :D

BRO U SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!
cuz i'm trying to get a license for 2 years now in shj and didnt even pass "katcha" assessment test !!!!!!!
what you say is true then give me an email !!
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

dubai driving license Jul 05, 2007
there are a number of instances like this including me, i have done four unsuccessful attempts and the story still continues.........the school also matters ......good luck
faisalimran
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: dubai driving license Jul 05, 2007
faisalimran wrote:there are a number of instances like this including me, i have done four unsuccessful attempts and the story still continues.........the school also matters ......good luck

I have heard from all the male friends who needed to take the test failed. For once I consider myself an advantage to be a female in this country!! Or maybe the instruction straight from the Head Traffic Department helped.

Now tell me, how do they pass the taxi drivers ?!?!?!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

BabyDoll wrote:
faisalimran wrote:there are a number of instances like this including me, i have done four unsuccessful attempts and the story still continues.........the school also matters ......good luck

I have heard from all the male friends who needed to take the test failed. For once I consider myself an advantage to be a female in this country!! Or maybe the instruction straight from the Head Traffic Department helped.

I'm I the only one that thinks that knowing how to drive properly would help!

p.s. starting to sound like Sage :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

As De Bono says, "it's all relative". Especially here, what is "proper" driving? Cant beat them therefore join them ??!?! Remain me to never get into your car :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Concord wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

As De Bono says, "it's all relative". Especially here, what is "proper" driving? Cant beat them therefore join them ??!?! Remind me to never get into your car :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Concord wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Looks like the second time I have to agree with Concord, and wouldn't it be an absolute pleasure if everyone did just that; "Drive properly"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 09, 2007
if u dont know already waiting time for a retest is now upto two months... :shock: :shock: :shock:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

boost Jul 10, 2007
hey guyz, if anyone can give me a "Boost" in getting my license, ...well that would be really helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz i'm trying for almost 2 years in sharjah.......& well i'm not even getting close......cuz i still havent passed my katcha[assessment] test

cheers & good luck to all
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

Re: boost Jul 12, 2007
DUKE wrote:hey guyz, if anyone can give me a "Boost" in getting my license, ...well that would be really helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz i'm trying for almost 2 years in sharjah.......& well i'm not even getting close......cuz i still havent passed my katcha[assessment] test

cheers & good luck to all

2 years :shock:

How many classes does that add up to?

I seriously suggest that you transfer your file to another driving school where I'm sure you'll have better luck
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 17, 2007
At least they make compulsory to get a license here. I was told that half the population in Ireland drives without a license !!! can you believe ?
But again they probably don't have half the accidents we have here which just shows that it's definitely a license to kill (not to drive) that you get here.
Breeze
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum