Questions About Dubai

Topic locked
questions about dubai Oct 16, 2005
hi, do u guys mind answering some questions that i have about dubai?

is it possible for non-nationals of UAE to buy houses/apartments in UAE and to be given permanant resident visas by doing so?

also, what are the prices like for houses/apartments in Ajman and Sharjah and which of the two emirates would u like to live in??

what is ajman like to live in and is it commutable to dubai on a daily basis?

thanks...usy

usy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 16, 2005
Well non-UAE national can buy houses in Dubai, a few years ago as I know Sharjah and Ajman allowed expats to own homes (But Dubai didn't), now it's the opposite.

Rents in Sharjah and Ajman are relatively cheaper than Dubai, but commuting between them and Dubai is a nightmare at rush hour, staying in Dubai is better IMHO
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 17, 2005
People here want money. Oil is not enough, they opened doors for properties. Properties boom will get over in some day, they will open doors for nationalization (particularly selling nationalities for big prices), and so on…
Lee
Dubai Forums Member

Americans and Thanksgiving Oct 17, 2005
Hi All,

I've been living overseas for 10 years now, and although I absolutely love meeting other nationalities and learning about other cultures, I am now very much longing to meet other Americans and share our experiences. I have not done this in the past as the whole reason for living in other countries is to learn about others.

Although lately, I've been very envious of the Italian friends I've met and the big circle of friends they have here in Dubai.

It's been ages since I've had any American friends and I miss silly things, like talking about American Football, sharing Thanksgiving, Jay Leno, The Cubs, etc. I guess with the holidays approaching it made want to act.

So if there are any other fellow Yanks out there I'd love to hear from you. Also does anyone know if there are any American Sports Bars in Dubai.

I seem to find loads of British things (which I love too!) but nowhere to watch American sports. And yes I know the WORLD Series does not really mean the WORLD. LOL

Of course I am very much open to making other friends as well. No better place to network than here!

Barbara
Barbs123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat