Bus Services For DUBAI MEDIA CITY

Topic locked
bus services for DUBAI MEDIA CITY Oct 10, 2005
Hi guys
does anyone know if there are bus services available from Dubai Media City to maybe bur dubai and deira...i have heard the public transport system in dubai isnt the greatest...but for someone who is going to be there without a car innitially...surely there would be alternatives right...also does anyone know if there are shuttle bus services from DMC to the greens/springs? i heard there were AVIS bus services to the city???...any help would be appreciated!!...
cheers
constantine

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: bus services for DUBAI MEDIA CITY Dec 18, 2005
constantine wrote:Hi guys
does anyone know if there are bus services available from Dubai Media City to maybe bur dubai and deira...i have heard the public transport system in dubai isnt the greatest...but for someone who is going to be there without a car innitially...surely there would be alternatives right...also does anyone know if there are shuttle bus services from DMC to the greens/springs? i heard there were AVIS bus services to the city???...any help would be appreciated!!...
cheers
constantine

Hello Constantine,

Pity that no one replied to you so far. Incase the info is still helpful, here goes. Yes, there are regular bus services between DMC and Bur Dubai. The bus no. is 8A and it starts from Bur Dubai bus stand (Near Carrefour Shindagha) and its last stop is in The Gardens. It passes through Media/Internet city. If you take the bus no. 8 from the same bus station, it will pass through the outside of Media City, and you can take a short walk to DMC from there.

AVIS, FANCY, FANTASY are three companies with a number of daily services between DMC/DIC/KV and Sharjah, Karama, Bur Dubai and Satwa. They cost approximately between AED 250 to AED 400 depending on the distance.

LLTT
LookingLondonTalkingTokyo
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 18, 2005
hey LLTT...thanks for the tip mate...someone did pm me,..but not as detailed as you...have made up my mind about living close to work..as traffic on S.Z road is hell and i like sleeping in late...thanks again for the info though...much appreciated!!
!
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum