Illegal Parking

Topic locked
Illegal parking Apr 25, 2007
Is it illegal to park on a yard (plain sand)?

I was near Clock Tower, Deira last evening to visit a friend and parked my car on a sand yard next to his apartment building. In the evening people park their cars in this yard and I myself used to park two times in the past. However, this time was different, I got a parking fine :(

I parked my car properly, did not obstruct any entrance/exit, there is no notice board/sign board that saying parking is forbidden. So why I got fined? In fact, only two cars out of ~10 that got parking fine ticket. I could only assume that the other cars were not there when the RTA guy came and slapped the ticket.

dubai008
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 25, 2007
The usual rule is if they think you drove over a footpath to get to the sand, you damaged RTA property.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 25, 2007
Or if the guy who owns that vacant land was in a bad mood.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2007
XRW-147 wrote:Or if the guy who owns that vacant land was in a bad mood.

in amsterdam, you ll get a fine of 50 dollars, but thats not all.. they will also put a jam on your wheels. so when u arrive, you have to call the service to get it off, that will cost you 250 dollar. so dont park wrong in amsterdam..

ciao bro's
massi
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 28, 2007
cu
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2007
M! wrote:Well we are not talking about stoned policemen in Amsterdam we are talking about Dub

i take that as joke... good one.. but police men in amsterdam are only high when there off duty.. but u might be right.. some do smoke during there work... interesting point of few.. and i like that crazy ass hot rod..
massi
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 29, 2007
My office is in Canon building of DIC. Anyone works or has visited there knows how difficult to get parking. In that section of DIC, the parking space is very limited and yet the cars are too many. I got pissed off getting parking fine when parking on the "pavement" in front of Microsoft building. Though I don't consider it as pavement as it's only 2 cm in height. So where do they expect me/us to park? One kilometer from office? Why don't they build multi-storey parking building?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2007
parking!!!!! , the only reason that forced me to sell my 1999 honda civic vti, these arab people over here make rules without proper planning or thinking
freeman0179
Dubai Forum User

May 24, 2007
freeman0179 wrote:parking!!!!! , the only reason that forced me to sell my 1999 honda civic vti

You had a 99 vti civic... you sure parking was the only reason?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto