2007 Lexus IS300

Topic locked
2007 Lexus IS300 Apr 15, 2007
any comments on this car? pros and cons? worth buying?

Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 15, 2007
Its my favourite car and I would buy it for sure if i had 1.20K to spend on a car :cry:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 15, 2007
KeithL wrote:Its my favourite car and I would buy it for sure if i had 1.20K to spend on a car :cry:

How much is 1.20K ???
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 17, 2007
LOVE this car. We ordered one about a month ago. They are selling like hotcakes. We're still waiting for ours to come in....hopefully we get the call soon, am dying to get rid of the slowass rental car. We got eh 139K model..everything except the body kit & fancy pedal that the top of the line (142K) model has. Fingers crossed it gets delivered soon.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2007
Ok, for pro's and cons, the only cons are that yes, its expensive, but i think it will hold its value. Other con is that its not a family car - in fact its only made to really seat 2 people as there is absolutely no room in the back seat. Doesnt bother me too much as I'm the only one driving it, so we're cool with that.
Everything else is a pro - safety, luxury, reliability, good resale, sporty, good engine (3.0L V6) etc.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2007
142k for this car still? its already outdated and the IS350 has replaced it in N.America for pretty much the same price i think. id buy the is300 only if i was buying used.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 17, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:142k for this car still? its already outdated and the IS350 has replaced it in N.America for pretty much the same price i think. id buy the is300 only if i was buying used.

No dude, the IS300 here is the same shape as the American IS350, but with a smaller V6. The old IS300 had an inline-6 and was never sold here. The IS350 engine apparently has issues with the high-sulphur petrol here.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 18, 2007
yes i know its the same shape but we all want more bhp dont we????
8)
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 18, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:yes i know its the same shape but we all want more bhp dont we????
8)

That is why you buy an Infiniti G35 for the same price, hehe.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 23, 2007
Is the new G35 available now? I went to the Nissan / Infiniti showroom and all they have is the M45.

Also is the 2007 G35 Coupe also released in Dubai? What are the prices for both the sedan and coupe G35?
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 23, 2007
fafit wrote:Is the new G35 available now? I went to the Nissan / Infiniti showroom and all they have is the M45.

Also is the 2007 G35 Coupe also released in Dubai? What are the prices for both the sedan and coupe G35?

Well, I drove the sedan in January. Must be sold out.

http://www.drivearabia.com/infiniti/infinitig3507.html

Coupe not here yet.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 23, 2007
how about the coupe... is there a new 2007 model also?
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 24, 2007
fafit wrote:how about the coupe... is there a new 2007 model also?
+

Nope, new shape is 2008, although it will come here much later.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 26, 2007
I put an order in for the IS300 but was told that I need to wait for at least 2 weeks before they know whether the next shipment would have one with my preferred colours... I think it will be months before I actually get the car!
Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2007
Ansa wrote:I put an order in for the IS300 but was told that I need to wait for at least 2 weeks before they know whether the next shipment would have one with my preferred colours... I think it will be months before I actually get the car!

Yep. Someone I know got it after 4 months.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: 2007 Lexus IS300 Apr 28, 2007
Ansa wrote:any comments on this car? pros and cons? worth buying?

i like the car 2.. very classy and modern.. but me my self , i m a mercedes man. but i love to c a lexus driving by dont get me wrong. and i ve seen this IS300 with some 22" wheels in amsterdam. wow .. i likeeeee .... so congredulations on ur new car. ciao

greetings from holland, amsterdam
massi
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 30, 2007
OK. update.
We ordered our car first week of Feb.
We got the call Wednesday that it finally got delivered!!!
About fricken time.
Signed for paperwork today, getting tinted tomorrow, should be driving it home Monday/Tuesday.
So thats 5 months all up. Red IS300 :D
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007
Congratulations Dee Dee !!

Does anyone have any idea as to what the cost of a used IS300 would be like?

I know that they've only been out for around a year, do depreciation wont be that much
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
KeithL wrote:Congratulations Dee Dee !!

I know that they've only been out for around a year, do depreciation wont be that much

I doubt you will find one a year old. Al Futtaim has been very lazy in shipping them, so most are a few months old.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 16, 2007
gtmash wrote:
KeithL wrote:Congratulations Dee Dee !!

I doubt you will find one a year old. Al Futtaim has been very lazy in shipping them, so most are a few months old.

thats a pity !! :(

The IS300 is one hell of a beautiful car !!
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 23, 2007
Guess I'm lucky... only took 3 weeks to get my IS300, my preferred colour also! :D Highly recommend this car.
Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 23, 2007
Ansa wrote:Guess I'm lucky... only took 3 weeks to get my IS300, my preferred colour also! :D Highly recommend this car.

I guess the exact car you wanted happened to be on the ship!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 23, 2007
why does the middle east get the outdated is300 when N.america gets the IS350 these days?????

and any idea when the GS350 will come out here?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:why does the middle east get the outdated is300 when N.america gets the IS350 these days?????

and any idea when the GS350 will come out here?

The IS300 is not outdated. It's just a different V6 engine. The old IS300 in USA had an inline-6. The direct-injection IS350 V6 uses catalysts which cannot handle the high-sulphur petrol here. So beware of imported ones.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 24, 2007
thanks for that info gtmast, didnt know that.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:thanks for that info gtmast, didnt know that.

By the way, if you want a GS350, wait for the local ones. It will surely have less hp than USA due to removal of the direct injection feature, but the American ones again can't handle the petrol here. So expect the 272 hp ES350 engine in the GS here, instead of the 303 hp American one. Unless they just choose to keep the IS300 engine here and retain the GS300 badge.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto