Live Dogs Used As Shark Bait

Topic locked
Live dogs used as shark bait Sep 28, 2005
You know what?! I'm starting to hate human beings at an alarming rate!!!!

Quote from today's Sun newspaper. I can't post the picture of the poor animals with a massive hook through it's snout as it's too distressing!

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.

The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean .

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 28, 2005
what the hell is wrong with people :?
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2005
better than roaming the street :?
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 29, 2005
better shootin the stray's down in one shot.. than makin the sharks eat them pc. by pc. ...Gosh.. Grisly stuff... Man...whats wrong with humanity..??
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
samindubai
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2005
175bpm wrote:better than roaming the street :?

you roam on the streets too... should you be given to the sharks too :lol:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 01, 2005
I sometimes think the only way to teach people like this is to do the same to them, put a massive double barred hook through their lips, tie their hands and feet together with wire and then drag them behind a speeing boat - wonder how that would go down?!

One poor 6 month old puppy was found alive on a beach.

The French Government has now offered a 3,000 Dhs bonus to any police officer on the island who catches a fisherman carrying out the practice. And the RSPCA in the UK have started a petition to the French to catch those involved - at least some action is being taken.

I find it absolutely detestable that people can do such horrific things to defenceless animlas, they are scum and are no part of the human race.

I'd trust my dog over any person any day of the week!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 02, 2005
Oh come on people, it's a hoax. Why would anyone go to the trouble of catching a puppy to make sharkbait when there are plenty of perfectly good fish out there to catch and use as bait. Sharks do not eat puppies generally, they eat fish. And why tie up their legs, surely maximum thrashing would be desirable. Oh, and in case any of you in this thread are not from the UK, the Sun is a crap-rag, it prints nothing of value, and shock value is worth much more than decent journalism.

If, after really seriously thinking about this for a while, you still believe it, then you should really check out www.bonsaikitten.com - you'll soon forget about the puppies, trust me. But Bonsai kitten is also a HOAX. It had thousands of people like you on the hook for months (no pun intended).
Mr. Logic
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 03, 2005
It's NOT a hoax. The RSPCA have a big article about it on their website! They don't have to go to any grat trouble to catch the dogs, I went to Reunion earlier this year and there are hundreds of stry dogs and cats roaming the streets and they certainly not afraid when people approach them.

That kitten thing is awful, it's also about 4 years old.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 03, 2005
mmm. I guess i have to order my kitty to snpe those pplz
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

OMG Oct 05, 2005
This a CRIME and this is sick... torturing an animal like this is exremely gross and bad

Such ppl with such sick mentality and attitudes should be punished in public to be a lesson and example for others.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat