Rude Drivers.....

Topic locked
Rude Drivers..... Sep 06, 2005
Hi,

Just had another one of those fcked up drivers chewing at me today. What the hell is one expected to do in such situations.

I am talking about the driver behind you who flashes his lights at you and almost knocks you from behind even though you are driving at the max permisable speed. What is one suposed to do?

1. Speed up and get a ticket?

2. Move into another lane and let someone else break the law?

Any comments?

sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

... Sep 06, 2005
Oops... wrong forum. Sorry guys... will move it to the Gen Chat area.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 06, 2005
Get the hell outa da way! It's probs me, hahahahahahahahaahahaha. I hate people who drive on the outside (fast) lane and do not check rear view mirror for faster moving traffic!

If I wanna break the speed limit, that is my choice, just getta da hell outa de way! :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 07, 2005
Yeah fair enough if someone's in the fast lane and you're slowing them down, it would be the right and polite thing to give way...but in a sane manner! I don't give way to those yahoos that come right up your tail without any warning! Flash your lights at me from a fair distance and I will give my indicator and change lanes when possible, but no way am I going to respond to a maniacal freakshow from inches behind my car, I don't care if its a Landcruiser or a Smart Car
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 07, 2005
I normally whip out my digital camera and take photos, scares the heck out of them. These people are the idiots causing the accidents on the roads.

Speed kills - nuff said.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 07, 2005
What does this have to do with me getting laid? :roll:

:lol:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Sep 07, 2005
Actually speed does not kill, although they say it can and is the main cause.

From my observations of years of driving, its those idiots that do not move out of the way of faster traffic and make people undertake them!

I you see a guy behind you flashing lihgts, hitting the horn and waving like mad, its ME! hahahahahaahahahahahahaha, get the hell out of the way, cos you can bet that I will undertake, pull in front of you and slam my brakes on!

Yes, I drive fast, I know the risks I take, but I always try and flash a good distance away from the car in front of me. I know the risks I take, I know that sometimes I break the law in speding, but other road users ought to be aware of whats going on around them, and that includes using the thing in the middle top of your windscreen, yes it's the rear view mirror and the two things that sit on the fornt two doors, externally! Yes, they are side mirrors = people USE THEM. Be aware of the traffic around you.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 08, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:What does this have to do with me getting laid? :roll:

:lol:

thats a lost cause, we moved on ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 08, 2005
if someone is driving too close to you...and then giving lights...than my suggetion would be to use breaks...that way he will hit you....your damage will be recovered by the insurance....but he will definitely get a few black points....and being hit from the back..u r not at fault its the drivers fault who did'nt maintain the distance.....so next time he will take care....i tried it once.....seriously its a lot of fun
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2005
I heard if you hit a pedestrian, they get paid no matter who was at fault?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Sep 11, 2005
cadmus wrote:if someone is driving too close to you...and then giving lights...than my suggetion would be to use breaks...that way he will hit you....your damage will be recovered by the insurance....but he will definitely get a few black points....and being hit from the back..u r not at fault its the drivers fault who did'nt maintain the distance.....so next time he will take care....i tried it once.....seriously its a lot of fun

right on !!!! hahahaahah im still waiting after six months then ill do that !!! specially if the car behind me is a porche or a beamer then ill use our company car that is wayyyyyyyyyy damn old and rusted !!! then slam my brakes and let the speed freak hit me !!!! hahahahahaah awesome !!!! have you ever seen a grown man cry ??? after that i bet i will hahahahaha !!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 11, 2005
yorky500 wrote:Actually speed does not kill, although they say it can and is the main cause.

From my observations of years of driving, its those idiots that do not move out of the way of faster traffic and make people undertake them!

I you see a guy behind you flashing lihgts, hitting the horn and waving like mad, its ME! hahahahahaahahahahahahaha, get the hell out of the way, cos you can bet that I will undertake, pull in front of you and slam my brakes on!

Yes, I drive fast, I know the risks I take, but I always try and flash a good distance away from the car in front of me. I know the risks I take, I know that sometimes I break the law in speding, but other road users ought to be aware of whats going on around them, and that includes using the thing in the middle top of your windscreen, yes it's the rear view mirror and the two things that sit on the fornt two doors, externally! Yes, they are side mirrors = people USE THEM. Be aware of the traffic around you.

I hope you haven't got your girlfriend next to you when you are taking the risks... you know the risks but your passenger doesn't. That's why drivers always survive in bad accidents and the front seat passengers always serious injuried or died.

BECAUSE you are the driver, you know what you are doing but your passenger has no idea what you are doing.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 11, 2005
FeiPo wrote:
yorky500 wrote:Actually speed does not kill, although they say it can and is the main cause.

I hope you haven't got your girlfriend next to you when you are taking the risks... you know the risks but your passenger doesn't. That's why drivers always survive in bad accidents and the front seat passengers always serious injuried or died.

BECAUSE you are the driver, you know what you are doing but your passenger has no idea what you are doing.

I totally agree !!!! we should follow the speed rules cause these rules are there for our safety anyway .... its not a fair deal ... to trade life for a short thrill !!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2005
Yorky, what a pathetic thing to say, it's people like you who cause all the accidents!

Do you ever stop to think that if you come speeding up behind someone, flashing that you're actually freaking the person out in front of you, they try desperately to get out of the way and nearly end up causing an accident ytring to push their way into the other lane.

1. You're speeding so YOU are breaking the law.

2. You're under taking so YOU are breaking the law.

If I'm doing the speed limit then no I'm NOT going to get out of your way because YOU are breaking the law.

And FeiPo is absolutely correct, sadly idiot drivers like you rarely get hurt, but what about the innocent people YOU hurt or kill because of your stupidity.

And yes if I hit the breaks, and you're too close then you'll go straight into the back of my car, it'll be your fault as you're too close and you'll have to pay to repair both cars.

I've nothing but contempt for people who drive like idiots, and parents who don't strap their kids in the back WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!

Drop a water melon from a first floor apartment onto the floor, and the result is what happens to a childs head when they hit the windscreen - not a pleasant thought is it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

.... Sep 12, 2005
ha ha ha.... whenever someone flashes his lights at me at over 120 km/hr I just put on my hazard lights and slow down. ts fun to watch big guys growl!!

Thats of course wthout putting others on the road at risk.

:-)
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah another good trick is if you have a few mates with 4x4's go out in convoy and when you get an idiot, box him in on all sides, it totally freaks them out! Done that a few times and when they realise what's going on they totally freak.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: .... Sep 12, 2005
sa4877 wrote:ha ha ha.... whenever someone flashes his lights at me at over 120 km/hr I just put on my hazard lights and slow down. ts fun to watch big guys growl!!

Thats of course wthout putting others on the road at risk.

:-)

i would still slam my brake infront of him after sixmonths ... the car that my company will give me needs a new paint job anyway !!!! hahahahah
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 23, 2005
wow I never thot of all these factors you guys mentioned on each post..
I get late for university & speed up.......and hey but when other people do that to me.. & i have to move out..its not that I mind. :roll:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 24, 2005
well get up earlier to go to uni then... everyone here complains about how bad the drivers are in Dubai, but everyone is also breaking the rules (e.g speeding), then how good a driver you are when you are complaining about the local drivers at the same time you are also breaking the rules.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 24, 2005
FeiPo wrote:well get up earlier to go to uni then... everyone here complains about how bad the drivers are in Dubai, but everyone is also breaking the rules (e.g speeding), then how good a driver you are when you are complaining about the local drivers at the same time you are also breaking the rules.

No matter how hard I try, I always end up being late, it runs in my blood lol.
Like I said, I am not complaining about the drivers here in Dubai. Its all part of the game, sometimes let them move, sometimes you move out.
And speeding is Haram, but what about the assigned speed you are allowed to go upto? some people just dont care & stroll on the roads!
easternjewel

Sep 25, 2005
i would say stick with the rules, don't follow what others do. I think it wil be a a lot less traffic if everyone follow the rules (less accidents).
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 25, 2005
You think people who do not violate traffic rules dont crash??
anyways my point is, you can not brake the traffic rules but can still create chaos. Like drive too slow, and lead the jam :arrow:
easternjewel

Sep 25, 2005
FeiPo wrote:i would say stick with the rules, don't follow what others do. I think it wil be a a lot less traffic if everyone follow the rules (less accidents).

if you make yourself correct then there is one less pig on the roads of Dubai :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 25, 2005
HP wrote:
FeiPo wrote:i would say stick with the rules, don't follow what others do. I think it wil be a a lot less traffic if everyone follow the rules (less accidents).

if you make yourself correct then there is one less pig on the roads of Dubai :P

Haven't heard that one before.. what does 'make yourself correct' mean?

?????

Dufus me?
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 26, 2005
It's sad to say that many people who come from countries with high standards of driving end up driving like idiots here, as trying to drive properly can be impossible sometimes and the attitude is, if you can't beat em' join em'.

Plus the majority of problems I've seen are caused by speeding and people yapping on their mobile - you absolutely cannot concentrate on driving with a phone stuck to ear. Every mobile comes with a hands free kit, so I don't know why people don't use them.

Plus you know those little orange lights on the side of the car, activated by flicking the stick thing on the side of your steering wheel - they're really useful little devices, they're called indicators and you know what? They let other people know where you want to go.

Altough I have to say, I've never seen anywhere else in the world where when you indicate, people will actually close up the gap you wanted to move into - on purpose - MORONS!!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 26, 2005
i say ill drive within the speed limits if a asshole flash his lights on me ill slam my brake simple !!!! like i said our company car needs a new paint job ! from behind!!!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:It's sad to say that many people who come from countries with high standards of driving end up driving like idiots here, as trying to drive properly can be impossible sometimes and the attitude is, if you can't beat em' join em'.

Plus the majority of problems I've seen are caused by speeding and people yapping on their mobile - you absolutely cannot concentrate on driving with a phone stuck to ear. Every mobile comes with a hands free kit, so I don't know why people don't use them.

Plus you know those little orange lights on the side of the car, activated by flicking the stick thing on the side of your steering wheel - they're really useful little devices, they're called indicators and you know what? They let other people know where you want to go.

Altough I have to say, I've never seen anywhere else in the world where when you indicate, people will actually close up the gap you wanted to move into - on purpose - MORONS!!!!!

OMG, I so much agree with you on this! Their attitude is like your entering their territory!
easternjewel

Sep 26, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:It's sad to say that many people who come from countries with high standards of driving end up driving like idiots here, as trying to drive properly can be impossible sometimes and the attitude is, if you can't beat em' join em'.

yeah true ... and what i hate most is that some people let their child play around at the back of their car un protected ... freaking stupid !!!! what if they get an accident what would happen to the kid ??? ohhh i guess its ok for them cause they are on seat belt !!! BUT HOW ABOUT THE KID ??? that would be thrown around the car if something happens ... idiots i swear !!! ...
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2005
[quote="easternjewel"]
OMG, I so much agree with you on this! Their attitude is like your entering their territory![/quote]

Lol yeah its so annoying, they seem so desperate to maintain their space that they might as well pee on it to mark their territory...So many people neglect giving indicators here, its a shame to make the ones who show that courtesy regret doing so...Frankly I think giving indicators should be as much of a reflex as looking in the mirrors, fix it in your head when you start driving, so you do it by force of habit, yes even when 'nobody's around for miles'!

About mobiles and driving, I remember this study that said your attention levels are actually lower while speaking on a cell than when you are intoxicated! Imagine that!

Oh and major pain, if you think that's dangerous, what about those idiots who have their kids in the front seat! Lol I've even seen people driving with kids in their laps, that's just imbecilic
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 26, 2005
easternjewel wrote:You think people who do not violate traffic rules dont crash??
anyways my point is, you can not brake the traffic rules but can still create chaos. Like drive too slow, and lead the jam :arrow:

not saying everyone follow the rules accident will not happen(and i am not only talking about speeding but everything they do on the roads e.g changing lane in double line, not indicating etc...), but it will minimize the possibilities...
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance