Traffic Fines

Topic locked
Traffic Fines Apr 11, 2007
Hi all

I think I may have been flashed last night by a camera as I just crossed a junction when the lights went red. Stupid I know!

I was looking at the Dubai Police site and the fine for this is 500AED and it also states 5 points. Can you tell me what the points system is.

When I log in to check my fines I see that is has not had time to update yet but this also lists Black points (which is at 0) what are these?

A friend of mine said that your car is confiscated for 1 week when caught jumping a red light.

Can anyone confirm what the points are and also if my car will be taken for a week?

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2007
If you saw a flash, your car will be taken for a week. I think the fine is now also Dhs 1500, but I've never heard of anyone ever getting black points.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 12, 2007
The fine is 500AED

This link for the police website states the information and the points info. It doesn't mention anything about the car being taken for 1 week either.

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/englis ... &ItmType=4

Anyone know how the points work?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2007
black points are given for every offence that u make and get caught, i.e. jumping red lights, causing an accident, getting caught on the hard shoulder and shit like that....once ur black points reach 10 - 12 points ur DL is confiscated and (i think) u cannot apply for a new license...
devilsmind
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2007
XPClone wrote:The fine is 500AED

This link for the police website states the information and the points info. It doesn't mention anything about the car being taken for 1 week either.

All that is outdated. The website doesn't mention either that truck drivers get deported at once for jumping the red light.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 12, 2007
gtmash wrote:

All that is outdated. The website doesn't mention either that truck drivers get deported at once for jumping the red light.

Thats interesting, what if the Truck Driver is a National :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Thats interesting, what if the Truck Driver is a National :wink:

I'd hire him. Anyway, Gulf News reported 30 truck drivers were deported recently for that. Car owners get off with Dhs 1500 and impound.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07 ... 15866.html
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 13, 2007
Must suck to get deported for something like that.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 13, 2007
KageofSoul wrote:Must suck to get deported for something like that.

Stating the obvious don't you think
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

You could be right there actually. The terrible fate of being deported for traffic regulation contravention may be easily perceived or understood. So saying so would only be an attempt to elucidate an apparent self-evident issue.

However, not all statements are made to teach or bring about the awareness of others, but simply to express one's feelings openly on the matter. This is a forum after all. If you have the mental capacity to understand that, then you'll know why I made that statement.

Thank you ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 13, 2007
KageofSoul wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

You could be right there actually. The terrible fate of being deported for traffic regulation contravention may be easily perceived or understood. So saying so would only be an attempt to elucidate an apparent self-evident issue.

However, not all statements are made to teach or bring about the awareness of others, but simply to express one's feelings openly on the matter. This is a forum after all. If you have the mental capacity to understand that, then you'll know why I made that statement.

Thank you ^_^

Your welcome
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2007
What about hire cars? how does that work with camera's.. would the companies chase you for fines?
RaideN
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 14, 2007
RaideN wrote:What about hire cars? how does that work with camera's.. would the companies chase you for fines?

They have your credit card number.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 14, 2007
do ppl use jammers n that reflective film on plates over there?
RaideN
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 14, 2007
RaideN wrote:do ppl use jammers n that reflective film on plates over there?

Here? No.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 14, 2007
not allowed to or just don't bother with them?
RaideN
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 14, 2007
RaideN wrote:not allowed to or just don't bother with them?

Certainly not allowed.

I had heard that some people spray hair spray (laquer) on the plates and then go through whilst mooning the camera.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2007
ppl do that here in the uk but if your caught Its an option of a fine or 10 lashes..
RaideN
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 15, 2007
:!:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat