Public Display Of Affection

Topic locked
Apr 02, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote:Oh yea everyone in America who lives in the country lives in a trailer. We shoot everything we see in our yard. We hate every race religion, drink shaffer, or bud. Thats all we do. No theres no chance that someone who lives in the country could be well educated and have graduated with a 3.8 GPA and an SAT score of 2200. Theres no chance that anyone in rural america lives in a nice big single family house with 400acres of property and a house in the Florida keys. No theres no chance of that. God I love sterotypes!

They changed SAT scoring? Last I did it, the max was 1600. By the way, people don't study at American Uni in Dubai. It's a place for rich people to buy degrees (ask anyone in there). You'll have better luck at American Uni of Sharjah at an education, even for a semester. Somehow, colleges in Sharjah are immune to the decency laws of the city too. Outside the college, Sheikh HP's laws apply.

gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 02, 2007
They completly changed the SAT. The max is now 2400 and there is now a long essay in it. It is so much harder now then before. Now everyone in America also has to take a the damn ACT test. You have to love Bush's no child left behind act. Nothing but testing and more testing now! Im not really going to Dubai to study. I am going to major in Civil Engineering and were going there to do some internship with some company there. The name has just left my mind. There are 5 of us from the university of Maryland comming down there. Im really looking foward to it.
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote:They completly changed the SAT. The max is now 2400 and there is now a long essay in it. It is so much harder now then before. Now everyone in America also has to take a the damn ACT test. You have to love Bush's no child left behind act. Nothing but testing and more testing now! Im not really going to Dubai to study. I am going to major in Civil Engineering and were going there to do some internship with some company there. The name has just left my mind. There are 5 of us from the university of Maryland comming down there. Im really looking foward to it.

good luck to u.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Public display of affection Apr 02, 2007
cu
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 02, 2007
I hate pres. Bush. I think he has got to be one of the worst presidents in US history! In fact Bush's approval rating in America has dropped below 30%! Not too many Americans really like him anymore. Some of us regret ever supporting Bush. I cant wait for 2008! I think I want Obama or Guliani for pres.
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

M! wrote:
tomtom69l7 totally disarranged wrote:
And so can people from every country. Americans are not dumber then anyone else in the world. If you think so, then you have alot to think about.

Well Boy, this is your opinion......THE WORLDs is quite diff
e.g.... didnt you guys elected BUSH not even TWICE???? :shock:

So what are Americans.... YES, THEY ARE :lol: :shock:

not everyone voted for bush ( at least this is what i would like to think)
so it;s not fair to judge them all based on that.
but to vote for bush---who is the perfect image of ignorance and stupidity---means u r a retard &a dumb@$$
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

alexandra wrote:
M! wrote:
And so can people from every country. Americans are not dumber then anyone else in the world. If you think so, then you have alot to think about.

but to vote for bush---who is the perfect image of ignorance and stupidity---means u r a retard &a dumb@$$

I totally agree. But there is one thing I like about our pres. He shows that retarded people can truly have ANY government job. I now know that ANYONE can be pres of the most powerful nation in the world. Its a little bit scary!
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

tomtom69l7 wrote:
alexandra wrote:
M! wrote:

I totally agree. But there is one thing I like about our pres. He shows that retarded people can truly have ANY government job 1). I now know that ANYONE can be pres of the most powerful nation in the world. 2)Its a little bit scary!

1) and u like that??? :shock:
2) no ofense-- i dont think ur country is the most powerfull in the world.while America is busy playing the part of "WE RULE" the world ruining it;s economy with wars and S>H>I>T, other nations make greater progress.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 03, 2007
I was being sarcastic when I said I liked that about pres. Bush. I hate Bush with a passion. And yes America is still the superpower. We still have the highest GDP, a military that is capable of being deployed anywhere around the world, a projection of force unmatched by any nation, the most wide spread culture throught the world. Everywhere in the world you go you see American named brand products, American TV shows and movies. I know that China and India have made significant progress toward becomming a superpower but they are far from it. Both nations have a significant portion of there population living in severe poverty. The gov't of China is a communist dictatorship that treats its people like crap. Neither country is capable of defending itself outside of there own boarders. The European Union is also far from being a superpower. The may have a very high GDP and strong currency, but there is not much unity between many of the member nations. Especially between Eastern and Western Europe. The only nation in the world that even comes close to the force projection of the US is the UK and the commenwealth nations. However, I do understand why people think China, the EU, or India is a superpower. They are NOT and it is just a big media hype about them being a superpower. If you want real news, do not listen to CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or BBC. They put a huge spin on things. They are there to sell a story not tell you the truth!
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 03, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote:I was being sarcastic when I said I liked that about pres. Bush. I hate Bush with a passion. And yes America is still the superpower. We still have the highest GDP, a military that is capable of being deployed anywhere around the world, a projection of force unmatched by any nation, the most wide spread culture throught the world. Everywhere in the world you go you see American named brand products, American TV shows and movies. I know that China and India have made significant progress toward becomming a superpower but they are far from it. Both nations have a significant portion of there population living in severe poverty. The gov't of China is a communist dictatorship that treats its people like crap. Neither country is capable of defending itself outside of there own boarders. The European Union is also far from being a superpower. The may have a very high GDP and strong currency, but there is not much unity between many of the member nations. Especially between Eastern and Western Europe. The only nation in the world that even comes close to the force projection of the US is the UK and the commenwealth nations. However, I do understand why people think China, the EU, or India is a superpower. They are NOT and it is just a big media hype about them being a superpower. If you want real news, do not listen to CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or BBC. They put a huge spin on things. They are there to sell a story not tell you the truth!

oh sarcasm lol i thought u really mean that!
no one can deny that America is a superpower but also no one can deny that thanks to the president u passionately hate the image of ur country in the world has been seriously damaged. dont get me wrong, i am from eastern europe and after many years of comunism and dictatorship ppl in my country started to see America as a role model, as a resort...there r things about ur country, some values that r still appreciated yet some actions of ur gov. represent a threat to any citizen of this world who loves peace but most of all: the country that was once admired and respected is now dissed and it''s government reproved on the international political scene...and that is the first step to isolation which is not a matter to be neglected----not even for a superpower

:wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 03, 2007
thred hijacked :oops:

let's go back to the topic
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 03, 2007
I do understand that US is the home of lot of big companies but one shuldnt deny the fact that the foreign policy of US is based on "Might is right".

The reason why does US have big army?

Let me explain why do ppl join the army :

1=) They cant afford higher education

2=) Most of the other professions need "Brain" and "intelligence". Army guys dont need a brian , all the need is "abu ghraib jail" and some fun :=).
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 03, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote: I know that China and India have made significant progress toward becomming a superpower but they are far from it. Both nations have a significant portion of there population living in severe poverty. !

The poor in your country live in US army :lol: I dont need to tell they enjoy in afghanistan or Iraq :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 04, 2007
The poor in your country live in US army :lol: I dont need to tell they enjoy in afghanistan or Iraq :P[/quote]

The US Army is the highest paying army in the world. Comparitively, US soldiers are by no means poor. Name me one nation in this world where an army is made up of a bunch of rich boys.
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 04, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote:
The US Army is the highest paying army in the world. Comparitively, US soldiers are by no means poor. Name me one nation in this world where an army is made up of a bunch of rich boys.

UAE

(compared to USA)
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 04, 2007
gtmash wrote:
tomtom69l7 wrote:

UAE

(compared to USA)

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's true isn't it?
cleotrio
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 04, 2007
cleotrio wrote:
gtmash wrote:
tomtom69l7 wrote:

UAE

(compared to USA)

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's true isn't it?

NOPE!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 04, 2007
gtmash wrote:
tomtom69l7 wrote:

UAE

(compared to USA)

hahaha, so true.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote:They completly changed the SAT. The max is now 2400 and there is now a long essay in it. It is so much harder now then before. Now everyone in America also has to take a the damn ACT test. You have to love Bush's no child left behind act. Nothing but testing and more testing now! Im not really going to Dubai to study. I am going to major in Civil Engineering and were going there to do some internship with some company there. The name has just left my mind. There are 5 of us from the university of Maryland comming down there. Im really looking foward to it.

I really dont think u'd have much of problems..unless you think of continuing the same life style that's said to be followed back home.

I guess most of us in here'v given a rather dreadful picture of Dubai. No guns, no PDL & A no messin with girls.. n most of it all just know that this is just another place on earth. Dont look into middle east with the stereotypic eyes.. Its no taliban thats rulin this place..
I guess it wouldnt be different from any place if u think before u act..

Enjoy yoa stay.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat