Alcohol

Topic locked
Sep 18, 2005
nope not true, some of the most extreme groups reside in the UK and take advantage of "freedoms" of the western world

also, dubai is probably the least place anyone has to "abide" in the middle east..

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Ramadan in Dubai Sep 20, 2005
This tread is interesting.

Although I've not yet been in Dubai during Ramadan, I have been in Malaysia during Ramadan. Islam is the state religion in Malaysia although only a slight majority of Malaysians are Muslims. The Malays are Muslims, but most of the other ethnic groups follow other religions. Nevertheless, there are some Indian Muslims, etc. in Malaysia.

There at least Malay and Indian Muslim restaturants are closed during the day, but other places like Chinese and Western restaurants are often opened during the day as usual. Of course, the Chinese restaurants often serve booze and taboo food like pork. So, I assume that an observant Muslim should avoid them at all times. (Some Malays do actually drink, but that's another story.)

Exactly how much the nightclubs in Malaysia (or officially secular yet predominately Muslim Indonesia) can get away with during Ramadan is not always clear.

In any event, it seems that the UAE might be stricter than Malaysia or Indonesia when it comes to Ramadan.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2005
go to ajman !!!! get cheap original booze !!!!!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:go to ajman !!!! get cheap original booze !!!!!!!

Have a crash in Sharjah !!!!!!! get thrown in a cell with 20 other smelly people !!!!!! lose weight !!!!!! use way too many exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Logic
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 27, 2005
mmmm...very funny.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mate who started the topic got his answer ages ago...
but the thread still continues with various $%^&*....!!

here's what i have to add:
get caught in sharjah with booze or drunk.. u will get jailed.. lashed and maybe deported....and if its ramadan ...u can figure out the rest....

rules have changed guys w.r.t. the drink and drive issues.. please update urself's.. else u will be sittin in the cell ..countin the bars for 30 days ....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
samindubai
Dubai Forum User

Sep 28, 2005
Hey Sam,

Could do with a break from work, and would expect to lose a bit of weight in 30 days of jail food, which is also good. Is it really that bad, and could you please confirm how many bars there are so I don't have to count them, i'll be doing the Telegraph cryptic crossword. Have you seen how hard that is? Might have to ask for a few extra days for good behaviour so I can finish it.

Cheers

Mr. L
Mr. Logic
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 28, 2005
was meanin the bars as in cell bars.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
u may end up the crossword in deportation....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
samindubai
Dubai Forum User

Sep 28, 2005
hey just hope you dont become the s*% toy of some inmate there.....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat