Canadian Universities & Distance Education ... Your Opin

Topic locked
canadian universities & distance education ... your opin Sep 15, 2005
has anyone attended either of these canadian university's?
1. athabasca university and 2. university of manitoba.

Im intending on studying at either but I would first like to hear from you all, have any of you completed distance education programmes....have you'll attended the above mentioned univs, did you enjoy the experience.

dubai seems to lack distance education alternatives for working professionals. do you all know where one can pursue DE whilst living in dubai?

awaiting feedback
thnx

satanstore
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 15, 2005
I took some economic courses through Athabasca University, I thought they were very good, well laid out course plans, good return times for assignments and tests.

I personally don’t have the motivation for distance learning but if you are motivated and committed more power to you.

I was in Calgary and Athabasca University has a campus there which is where I took my exams I’m not sure how that would work over here.

What I would suggest if it is possible, do the first 2 or 3 years via distance then transfer your credits to a school where you can go on Campus, I’m not sure what it is like here but distance education in Canada gets a bad rap and employers much prefer people who go to more “established” schools. Plus the parties are better ;)

Good luck in your decision.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 15, 2005
What I would suggest if it is possible, do the first 2 or 3 years via distance then transfer your credits to a school where you can go on Campus, I’m not sure what it is like here but distance education in Canada gets a bad rap and employers much prefer people who go to more “established” schools. Plus the parties are better

I agree , It has bad rep in USA too and hardly you can find a job . Attending the school is much better
Umass
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat