Secret Dubai Diary

Topic locked
Secret Dubai diary Sep 06, 2005
A recent newspaper report that I came across (in a paper in Southeast Asia) stated that a blog called the Secret Dubai diary is blocked in the UAE. Is that so?

EastWestExpat
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 08, 2005
it was for a bit, but it created a stir and they unblocked it.

you can find it at :

http://secretdubai.blogger.com

its a good read :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

blog Sep 10, 2005
Thanks.

It's nice to know that one can now access that blog again in Dubai. I looked at it a few days ago from Southeast Asia.
EastWestExpat
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 10, 2005
What is it about?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Blog topic Sep 12, 2005
It's a fairly simple blog. I've only seen text on it when I've viewed it a few times recently.

Secret Dubai diary seems to have been running for about three years.

I suspect the blogger is an expat.

Hope that helps.
EastWestExpat
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2005
I'm not sure if this is the same one you are referring to but the link you said doesn't seem to work for me.

http://secretdubai.blogspot.com
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Yes that's it Sep 15, 2005
EastWestExpat
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 16, 2005
I thought the blog contained the secret dossier of Liban and his secret gay group but it turned out to b so plain and stupid piece of crap.... :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

another blogg Sep 19, 2005
hi guys,
check this out this blogg on Dubai is interesting

http://webmasterdubai.blogspot.com/
dill
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Hello Sep 22, 2005
I found this place through a referral to my blog from here.

As well as my blog, there is also a UAE community blog which has links to just about every UAE-based blog we've been able to find.

If you know of any more UAE blogs, or if you are a blogger who would like to have your blog listed there and become a member, do get in touch. The UAE community blog is open to Anonymous comments as well.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 12, 2005
Secret or anyone else can you please help me out. I'm looking for a blog or a forum specific to the stock exchanges in the region; DFM, ADSM, DSM, BSE, etc. there are websites in Arabic but unfortunately I can't read them.

An active place where people can discuss stocks and trading strategies for the Dubai and Doha markets would be ideal. It seems very difficult to get information on these markets and I feel there is still some potential left to make coin although I don’t think it’ll be as profitable as in the past couple years.

Any tidbits you can throw my way are appreciated.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 12, 2005
I don't, but I'm going to email a couple of econ guys with your query.

You can mail me at my username here at Gmail (I'm about to go overseas for a few days so might not be checking back here, but I'll try to check mail).
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 15, 2006
fayz wrote:...An active place where people can discuss stocks and trading strategies for the Dubai and Doha markets would be ideal. It seems very difficult to get information on these markets and I feel there is still some potential left to make coin although I don’t think it’ll be as profitable as in the past couple years....

Fayz, DFM closed at 611 today. Emaar, the benchmark stock, has slipped below 15 intraday. I think chaos caused by the bursting of bubble at the Saudi bourse is spilling over to DFM and other regional stock markets. I feel if I buy and hold, say 50000 Tabreed at 3.35 (today's close at lower circuit breaker) and hold it for 6 to 10 months, I may be able to make 100K dirhams.

Fayz, please correct me if I am wrong in my perception. Please share here what do you think of the current low levels at DFM: an opportunity for bargain hunters or a beginning of the end. Also, do you have any idea where can I get EPS for Tabreed and other companies?
Thanks.
sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 15, 2006
sabiqoon wrote:
fayz wrote:...An active place where people can discuss stocks and trading strategies for the Dubai and Doha markets would be ideal. It seems very difficult to get information on these markets and I feel there is still some potential left to make coin although I don’t think it’ll be as profitable as in the past couple years....

Fayz, DFM closed at 611 today. Emaar, the benchmark stock, has slipped below 15 intraday. I think chaos caused by the bursting of bubble at the Saudi bourse is spilling over to DFM and other regional stock markets. I feel if I buy and hold, say 50000 Tabreed at 3.35 (today's close at lower circuit breaker) and hold it for 6 to 10 months, I may be able to make 100K dirhams.

Fayz, please correct me if I am wrong in my perception. Please share here what do you think of the current low levels at DFM: an opportunity for bargain hunters or a beginning of the end. Also, do you have any idea where can I get EPS for Tabreed and other companies?
Thanks.

Actually Emaar went as low as 14.25, I bought it at 14.5 and sold it at 15.7 during today’s session, I’m very happy as it worked out but it could have made more as it went over 17 but in a downward trending market I like to pull out as fast as possible.

I personally don’t like to give advice because I’d feel bad if I was wrong but since you asked, I feel the market is still destined lower, If you bought at 3.35, I think 10 months down the road you should realize your expected gain but why buy at 3.35 when you can buy at 2.5? I’m a bit of a technical trader, I look for a sign to buy and there isn’t any long term signs to buy any symbol, I think the market really needs to find a support level and stabilize for at least 2 weeks before making any long positions. If you need to play the market and your itching I would lean more towards choosing good overnight holds or swing trades.

To get a bunch of info on a stock you can go to the DFM website and then click on the market watch then the symbol then info. I believe EPS is one of the pieces of information you can get.

There is actually a very active forum focusing on the DFM, you can check it out by signing into www.uaesm.com

Good luck, but downward markets where you can't short are always a lot riskier, you need to be careful.

Please note that the opinions expressed above are those of fayz and are not necessarily reflective of the forum or its management :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 16, 2006
Thank you for replying Fayz....you seem to have a great timing sense...without that squaring a long position on the same day with profit is difficult in a market like this one.

Hey...that forum seems good but also seems to be in arabic only. I think I cannot see a link for the English version of that. Is there one?

Do you know any other sites where DFM is being discussed?
I also went to DFM trading hall (physical, not virtual) but every one there seemed too engrossed in their own open positions to discuss any thing :)

I have also been trying to pick up the DFM discussion here but not much response is seen....seems people here like to speculate more in real estate:)
sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 16, 2006
thank you, but no a person with great timing sense would have held on longer and sold around 17.50 make a nice 15% after commision return in the day and taken the week off :), and historically i've made a lot of mistakes as well. today i'm sitting on the sidelines, as i don't see anything worthwhile.

for that forum website, i think it is Arabic only but if you wish you can use an Arabic to English translator, i find this one probably one of the best (http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box) although it has a lot of problems as well. I don't know of any English forums for the DFM. Coming down to the exchange is a good idea here though but if you see a bunch of people clapping and cheering, guaranteed the stock is going to fall.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 16, 2006
fayz wrote:thank you, but no a person with great timing sense would have held on longer and sold around 17.50 make a nice 15% after commision return in the day and taken the week off :), and historically i've made a lot of mistakes as well. today i'm sitting on the sidelines, as i don't see anything worthwhile.

for that forum website, i think it is Arabic only but if you wish you can use an Arabic to English translator, i find this one probably one of the best (http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box) although it has a lot of problems as well. I don't know of any English forums for the DFM. Coming down to the exchange is a good idea here though but if you see a bunch of people clapping and cheering, guaranteed the stock is going to fall.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go :)

well i have come across one ... but dont remember . u can ask in www.7days.ae.... they have bunch of good links
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
fayz wrote:Secret or anyone else can you please help me out. I'm looking for a blog or a forum specific to the stock exchanges in the region; DFM, ADSM, DSM, BSE, etc. there are websites in Arabic but unfortunately I can't read them.

An active place where people can discuss stocks and trading strategies for the Dubai and Doha markets would be ideal. It seems very difficult to get information on these markets and I feel there is still some potential left to make coin although I don’t think it’ll be as profitable as in the past couple years.

Any tidbits you can throw my way are appreciated.

I was looking for the same sort of thing and found also found uaesm.ae but I'm not an Arabic speaker either (sometimes there's English posts there). So I've set something up myself. Working on a database organised with company information, financial reports etc at the moment...

www.sharewadi.com for information
www.dubaisharetalk.com for discussion

Presume you know about the SCA, DFM and ADSM sites? I've collected them and a few other links here.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums