Residence Visa In New Passport

Topic locked
Residence visa in new passport Mar 09, 2007
I've read somewhere (possibly on this site) that the UAE authorities won't issue a residence visa to you if you have a brand new passport (possibly because they think you're trying to hide Israeli stams in your previous passport?). Is this true?

I'm probably moving to Dubai in a month or two, but my passport is full - well, it has one blank double-page, but I travel a bit for work so that's not going to last me long. Is it going to be a problem if I get a new passport? Or should I get the residence visa on the one remaining page of my existing passport and then get a new passport and transfer the visa? That seems like a hassle.

Obviously in the long run I will aim to get an e-card, but that's no help at this stage.

jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 09, 2007
I have never heard of such a thing, if necessary bring your old passport with you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2007
Usually when you go to your Embassy, they attach your old passport to your new one. Least that was the case with my Dad's...

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 20, 2007
i got my passport renewed by my consulate but my residency stamp stays on my old passport. I just staple the old passport into the new one.

when i processed my family residency stamps, i did not have a problem at all no one from immigration asking about it.

so, i guess it is ok. my PRO says so. real test will be next week, when i have to travel to bahrain for business.
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum