Qualification Attestation... CONFUSED

Topic locked
Qualification Attestation... CONFUSED Jan 08, 2007
I have been told that my degree level qualifications can be verified when I get to Dubai, however my professional qualification (CPA) needs to be attested in the country of origin... can someone please tell me the purpose of this attestation and how would I go about getting this given that I am not currently based in the country of qualification origin.

Thanks.

Ansa
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Qualification Attestation... CONFUSED Jan 09, 2007
Ansa wrote:I have been told that my degree level qualifications can be verified when I get to Dubai, however my professional qualification (CPA) needs to be attested in the country of origin... can someone please tell me the purpose of this attestation and how would I go about getting this given that I am not currently based in the country of qualification origin.

Thanks.

The reason for attestation is because of the amount of fake degrees that are available on the internet these days, and also the standard of some institutes curriculums are not up to par. That and a lot of people lie on their CV. Sad but true. The attestation ensures that you are who you say you are.

Leave the attestation to your PRO when you get a job. There are other ways to do it, and I had mine attested before I came out... but it turns out this was a bit of a waste of time because they still go through the process again.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 09, 2007
At a minimum you will need a copy of the certification (CPA) and degree. Depending on where the degree is from you may need the original along with permission for the cerififying body and university/college to release information. So get a hold of the original degrees and certificates before you land in Dubai (it will make things easier). Your company's PRO (part of HR) should do the paperwork regarding attestation by the foreign country. For example, if your degree is from the USA then the US Department of State (Candy Rice) will attest your degree (i.e. that it is legitimate - from a real school or a real govermental department in case of the professional certification).

All this stuff depends on whether you already have a job, the type and size of company you will be working, the type of work you will be doing, etc. etc. Many people I know work for months before the attestation arrives. I know of at least 2 who have been shipped back when their "attestation" reveal they did not have the "advanced" degrees they claimed on their CV's (foolish as the job only required a bachelor's degree!).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2007
Thanks for this topic.

I have this problem too..but worse!!! Am a Malaysian currently in Malaysia, with a New Zealand degree & an Australian CPA :roll: .

I may have to do this process myself as the company I'll be joining is a fairly new setup where the HR guys are in Jiddah. As there will only be me, the MD & the marketing people...looks like no PRO will be around to assist me.

Anyone care to advise on how to get the attestation done on my own?

Is attestation for the company or for Dubai Labour Office purposes (i.e residence visa, contract, etc)

Cheers...
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 09, 2007
beaujarle wrote:Thanks for this topic.

I have this problem too..but worse!!! Am a Malaysian currently in Malaysia, with a New Zealand degree & an Australian CPA :roll: .

I may have to do this process myself as the company I'll be joining is a fairly new setup where the HR guys are in Jiddah. As there will only be me, the MD & the marketing people...looks like no PRO will be around to assist me.

Anyone care to advise on how to get the attestation done on my own?

Is attestation for the company or for Dubai Labour Office purposes (i.e residence visa, contract, etc)

Cheers...

Anyone care to comment?
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2007
The embassies from which your qualifications are from will attest it in UAE, for a fee of course.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2007
scot1870 wrote:The embassies from which your qualifications are from will attest it in UAE, for a fee of course.

You should also be aware that after the attestation is done it goes through a further process of validation which is carried out here by a Government supervised agency.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 10, 2007
sage & onion... actually the validation process only applies to degree related qualifications, any other professional qualifications still required to be attested by the UAE embassies.
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 10, 2007
Should I do the attestation for my degree & prof cert in the respective embassies in Malaysia or Dubai?

Cheers all for your replies.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 11, 2007
i have this same problem in ireland trying to attest qualifications from the uk. i would contact the nearest australian/new zealand consulate and get advice from them . they should be able to attest it there.

good luck
Tups
Dubai Forum User

Feb 11, 2007
Tups wrote:i have this same problem in ireland trying to attest qualifications from the uk. i would contact the nearest australian/new zealand consulate and get advice from them . they should be able to attest it there.

good luck

Cheers 8)
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum