Places To Study Arabic In Dubai

Topic locked
Places to study Arabic in Dubai Aug 31, 2005
Can anyone suggest a good place to study Arabic in Dubai?

I'd be looking for a very basic (intro) course.

OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2005
I would suggest just setting up something with a local/arab expat and do a language exchange .. meet up in a coffee shop and he/she teaches you arabic .. you teach them a language you know that they dont :)

interacting with the locals/arabs is the best way to learn practical arabic. The arabic you learn in classroom will be useless to you in everyday life.

just my 2 fils !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2005
if you'd like i'll give you my highschool arabic teachers number- Mozna is amazing and such a funny wee thing. She's originally palestinian but grew up in Egypt- very familiar with 'proper' arabic as well as the local slang.

let me know if you're interested- she'll be back from her vacation soon :)
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Arabic learning in Sharjah Oct 31, 2005
does any one know a good place in sharjah to learn arabic?

or anyone interested in taking classes for 2 people daily evening 1 hour?
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 05, 2005
You can take it as an independant course at AUD (American university in Dubai), it will cost you around AED5200 which is per course...thats a 4 and a half months course.

You can also seek private lessons from Arabs, which will depend on the person and plus its not very reliable.

You can check with a cultural center especially with embassies of arab countries the one I'm familiar with is the Egyptian Embassy offers arabic both in Fos'ha (Proper arabic) and Ama (the Egyptian dialect) this costs around 300 dhms per course there are 9 levels from beginner to proficient
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 07, 2005
Completly useless to learn the Egyptian dialect if you live in Dubai!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat