25%
No
58%
Don't know
17%

Total votes : 12

Yes or No for Crocs? Jan 15, 2007
Hi All , :wink:

I know Crocs have been in fashion for quite some time, but still I am not convinced enough to buying a pair.
In fact, the first time when I have seen a guy walking at Ibn Baituta in these funny clogs, I automatically rejected the idea. But I am seeing more and more people wearing Crocs. A friend bought it for her kids and they both loved. The little one (around 2) doesn't like any other shoes, but I am still not sure...

P.S.: if you don't know much about Crocs check out:
http://professional-shopper.blogspo...rch/label/Shoes
http://proshopper.dubai.googlepages.com/whencrocsattack

Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
i voted no...i dont like crocs
but it shouldnt be only about following a trend or something. if u dont like them, simply dont buy them. so what if everybody wears them? :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
I think for kids it's OK or for the beach...
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
i dont follow fashion, i searched it. Ur first link doesnt open. if they r crocs, i dont want :lol:

Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 15, 2007
Ok., here you go - fresh link, the second post:
http://professional-shopper.blogspot.com/
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
Francheska wrote:I think for kids it's OK or for the beach...

there r much better shoes for kids (but i am not objective on the topic cause when i was a kid i was horrofied by a pair of something similar to crocs, i always made a scene when my mother insisted to put them on :lol: )

but if children like them and feel comfortable than why not?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
Here is more about the accessories that makes every pair of Crocs unique:
http://proshopper.dubai.googlepages.com ... ocsedition

Kids find the Crocs "cool". Mommy is boring and oldfashioned buying Pablosky & Hush Pupees. Puma and Nike are classic now a day.
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
Francheska wrote:Ok., here you go - fresh link, the second post:
http://professional-shopper.blogspot.com/

thanx Francheska. I didnt like. it can be good only at beach; but i dont wear any shoe at beach :lol: my foots must touch the sand :)
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 15, 2007
Just say NO to crocs please!!!!! They are one of those fashion fads that will never last. They are for a specific purpose (i.e being durable and waterproof) and NOT for the fashionistas out there..so please refrain from crocs...You should only invest in them for utilitarian purposes in which you may need them. I really don't like them! Don't wear something because it is in, wear it because you like it and because it suits your style and expression.
noni
Dubai chat master

Jan 16, 2007
noni wrote:Just say NO to crocs please!!!!! They are one of those fashion fads that will never last. They are for a specific purpose (i.e being durable and waterproof) and NOT for the fashionistas out there..so please refrain from crocs...You should only invest in them for utilitarian purposes in which you may need them. I really don't like them! Don't wear something because it is in, wear it because you like it and because it suits your style and expression.

dito!

i cant believe these morons got away with something so silly!

lesson learned: there are 6 billion people on this planet...only a fraction of them have functioning brain cells...someone will dig ur idea....eventually!
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 16, 2007
wht the f**k is that ?? ..that is a bad excuse of shoes.. i would never buy one :?
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jan 16, 2007
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:wht the f**k is that ?? ..that is a bad excuse of shoes.. i would never buy one :?

be happy...you are part of the human population which is 'gifted' with functioning brain cells. :)
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 16, 2007
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:wht the f**k is that ?? ..that is a bad excuse of shoes.. i would never buy one :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
could not agree more
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 16, 2007
alexandra wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
could not agree more
:lol:

:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jan 16, 2007

Ooops sorry wrong crocs.

BTW they are cumfy though. Guys back home in Oz love them. The female population don't. Women don't care about comfort (i know i'm generalising) its gotta look good. Personally not a fan either
SNA33Y
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 16, 2007
I got crocs from Santa Claus.......don`t laugh...... :oops:
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 17, 2007
Crocs are very ugly but they are the some of the comfiest shoes out there! I think they are more comfortable than sports shoes. I discovered them while on a trip when I found myself doing a lot of walking and my regular shoes were making me miserable, I'm not exagerrating when I say that crocs saved my trip!

Besides they come in different designs, the original ones are ridiculous looking - I think that they only look nice on kids and clowns (what's the difference anyway?) But there are other more normal looking styles! It's not as if they're meant to be worn on a night out - they're meant for long walks and ultra casual situations. I say, yes give them a try.
freza
Dubai chat master

Jan 17, 2007
I was with a friend at Go Sport and he wanted to buy a pair because he is a freediver and they make perfect sense for him to when going to the beach. Luckily, he did not find his size! There is a GOD!
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 17, 2007
Shermin wrote:I was with a friend at Go Sport and he wanted to buy a pair because he is a freediver and they make perfect sense for him to when going to the beach. Luckily, he did not find his size! There is a GOD!

News this morning they are importing them "live" into RAK :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 17, 2007
I am in tears :(

sage & onion wrote:
Shermin wrote:I was with a friend at Go Sport and he wanted to buy a pair because he is a freediver and they make perfect sense for him to when going to the beach. Luckily, he did not find his size! There is a GOD!

News this morning they are importing them "live" into RAK :wink:
Shermin
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 17, 2007
Aw, no - ill never buy 'em. So damn ugly!
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 18, 2007
People who wear crocs should be shot.

Well, maybe not, someone might get upset for me saying that...

People who wear crocs should be punished.

There, thats better.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 18, 2007
''People who wear crocs should be punished."

sure :evil: ...we should punish all the kids.
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 19, 2007
I don't see any shoes in that picture. I just see plastic thingies similar to the crap we used to buy years ago. Someone must've found em in his attic and got them back out on the market. Add to this a clever marketing campaign, make ppl think it's in, which is hardly difficult with 90% of the world population (no offense) and bam, you've got a hit.

I will try them on next time I see them because I simply can't understand how someone could find em to be comfy. I mean just lookin at the damn picture make my feet ache.
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 19, 2007
Francheska wrote:sure :evil: ...we should punish all the kids.

NO, kids are innocent by standers forced by cruel, sick people to endure such humiliation....and those are the ones that shall be punished...not the kids
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat