Hairdressers - A Question For The Girls!

Topic locked
Hairdressers - a question for the girls! Jul 27, 2005
Does anyone know of a good yet reasonably priced hair salon in the Um Sequim/Jumeirah area? My usual place is closed ofr a refit nd I want to find somewhere else today or this weekend, but it's proving to be a difficult task. The only places I found so far are listed in the Dubai Explorer and seem pretty expensive.

DXBgoddess
Dubai Forum User

Re: Hairdressers - a question for the girls! Jul 27, 2005
DXBgoddess wrote:Does anyone know of a good yet reasonably priced hair salon in the Um Sequim/Jumeirah area? My usual place is closed ofr a refit nd I want to find somewhere else today or this weekend, but it's proving to be a difficult task. The only places I found so far are listed in the Dubai Explorer and seem pretty expensive.

alright, it's not in Jumeirah/um suqueim.. but Jean Paul, at Le Meridien (by the airport) is brilliant- Ask for Rami to cut it for you. He tends to cut a little shorter than what you say- so keep that in mind. I think it's 140 for a cut? but it lasts really well.
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 29, 2005
jumeerah
Mr. Hatrickz
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 10, 2005
I find Roots near mercarto a pretty good salon.
homesickozzy
Dubai Forum Guest

Roots it is!! Aug 22, 2005
Yep have to agree, roots is pretty good and reasonable, costs me approx 350dhs for colour and blow dry
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

Re: Roots it is!! Aug 22, 2005
skyhigh wrote:Yep have to agree, roots is pretty good and reasonable, costs me approx 350dhs for colour and blow dry

350dhs for a colour and blow dry, reminds me of living back in NYC!!! I guess this is one of the advantages for us men... 30dhs for a wash, cut, massage, and open razor shave. For the colouring, I do mine at home. :wink: On that acknowledgment, do women find grey hair on a man sexy, say sprinkled on the sides? I have had greys showing up at 17 but at 33, I feel the need to cover them up but I have had some of my ex's say it is sexy, hence the aforementioned question.

Eagerly awaiting your replies ladies.

Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Roots Aug 22, 2005
I mean reasonable compared to other places in Dubai not necessarily other places around the world, I once stupidly paid 700dhs for the same thing at Toni and Guy in Dubai.. At age 30, I probably have heaps of grey hairs but havent seen one yet thanks to my lovely hairdresser!!!
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

Re: Roots it is!! Aug 22, 2005
stainless wrote:
skyhigh wrote:Yep have to agree, roots is pretty good and reasonable, costs me approx 350dhs for colour and blow dry

350dhs for a colour and blow dry, reminds me of living back in NYC!!! I guess this is one of the advantages for us men... 30dhs for a wash, cut, massage, and open razor shave. For the colouring, I do mine at home. :wink: On that acknowledgment, do women find grey hair on a man fun, say sprinkled on the sides? I have had greys showing up at 17 but at 33, I feel the need to cover them up but I have had some of my ex's say it is fun, hence the aforementioned question.

Eagerly awaiting your replies ladies.

Stainless

I quite like specks of grey. they give that distinguished look
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Roots Aug 22, 2005
skyhigh wrote:I mean reasonable compared to other places in Dubai not necessarily other places around the world, I once stupidly paid 700dhs for the same thing at Toni and Guy in Dubai.. At age 30, I probably have heaps of grey hairs but havent seen one yet thanks to my lovely hairdresser!!!

You Silly Gurl... I mean grey hair on a guy. :P

What do women think of some grey hair on a man at the age of 33? I worry that it makes me look older, though the rest of my physique is around 25, so a couple of my ex's like the grey hair, while other few didn't... what is the general consensus?
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Roots Aug 22, 2005
stainless wrote:
skyhigh wrote:I mean reasonable compared to other places in Dubai not necessarily other places around the world, I once stupidly paid 700dhs for the same thing at Toni and Guy in Dubai.. At age 30, I probably have heaps of grey hairs but havent seen one yet thanks to my lovely hairdresser!!!

You Silly Gurl... I mean grey hair on a guy. :P

What do women think of some grey hair on a man at the age of 33? I worry that it makes me look older, though the rest of my physique is around 25, so a couple of my ex's like the grey hair, while other few didn't... what is the general consensus?

You are only 33, no need to worry about your grey hair, coz I think it won't make you look like 43. Worry about it when you are 43!!

I think it looks good on a man if he has some grey hair... or all grey
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 24, 2005
Urgh Toni & Guy - sooooooo overated!

Hey Stainless, my boyf is around your age and he has sprinklings of grey and I really like it. I don't think there's anything wrong with grey hair, some of the sexiest guys in the world have grey - just look at George Clooney!

As for hairdressers in Dubai, I found a great lady who works from home she's well priced, very adventurous with colours if you like something different and so nice to find someone that knows how to deal with curly hair, trust me most hairdressers don't have a clue how to do wavey or curly hair, so if you find a good one you stick with them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 24, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Urgh Toni & Guy - sooooooo overated!

Hey Stainless, my boyf is around your age and he has sprinklings of grey and I really like it. I don't think there's anything wrong with grey hair, some of the fun guys in the world have grey - just look at George Clooney!

As for hairdressers in Dubai, I found a great lady who works from home she's well priced, very adventurous with colours if you like something different and so nice to find someone that knows how to deal with curly hair, trust me most hairdressers don't have a clue how to do wavey or curly hair, so if you find a good one you stick with them.

Thanks Choc,

I have to agree... I had a very important meeting in Emirates Towers once but had no time during the past week to get my hair cut, so I schedule to get to there early and get my hair cut at Toni & Guy. OMG, one of the worse cuts I have ever had :evil: and the price... :shock: :shock:

As for the greys, that exactly what my ex's where saying.

Now I don't now why you think I have curly hair, but as for the now I have dark brown hair, what colour do you think would suit me, Blonde? :D Thank you for the referral.

Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2005
Hehehe

No it was just an example as my hair is wavey, buy I straighten it alot.

Tell you what whenever my brother comes to Dubai he alwasy goes to Divas on Diyafah road, 25Dhs hair cut for guys incl head massage and he swears it's alwasy the best haircut he has ever had!!! NUff said.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 25, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Hehehe

No it was just an example as my hair is wavey, buy I straighten it alot.

Tell you what whenever my brother comes to Dubai he alwasy goes to Divas on Diyafah road, 25Dhs hair cut for guys incl head massage and he swears it's alwasy the best haircut he has ever had!!! NUff said.

Funny that... I live on Diyafah and have been to Divas, your brother is right! For the money Dubai is hard to bet for mens treatment.

The only other place that I have been to for a really nice manly experience is in Tampa, Florida... I can't remember the name but there is a Barber Shop that has a liquor license and has the owners hunting trophies on display, with all of the mens magazines (playboy, popular mechanic, etc), with sports on the TV. It is a place you would take your son to too make sure had was getting a good dosage of testosterone. Ar ar ar... 8)

Stainless
Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2005
what a manly man you must be :P
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2005
BobbieMasoner wrote:what a manly man you must be :P

You woman have you "No Man allowed" Salons... which allow for you women to be girly and I am very glad that you do have it. Nothing better then your lady coming back from the Salon. So much opportunity to comment on how beautiful she is and to be proud that she is happy. :D :D :D

Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Hairdressers - a question for the girls! Oct 14, 2005
DXBgoddess wrote:Does anyone know of a good yet reasonably priced hair salon in the Um Sequim/Jumeirah area? My usual place is closed ofr a refit nd I want to find somewhere else today or this weekend, but it's proving to be a difficult task. The only places I found so far are listed in the Dubai Explorer and seem pretty expensive.

Did you find an alternative DXBgoddess and how did it turn out? Although I'm not a professional and its just a hobby, I've been cutting gf's and friends hair for years and never had any complaints. In fact, as they say, the best part is that I do what they ask me to and unlike a fancy hairdresser not what I feel like :D I'm good with cuts and colour & most hair types. Anyone interested send me a pm :D

And Stainless before you ask, no, I dont do guys hair :wink:
speakeasy
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 17, 2005
My Pakistani hairdresser is the best... :D
Lee
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat