Eviction Drive Against Bachelors From February

Topic locked
Eviction drive against bachelors from February Jan 03, 2007
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... ion=theuae

DUBAI — The Dubai Municipality is scheduled to begin the eviction drive against bachelors staying in residential areas this February. Though the deadline for its completion is February next year, officials say it can take a couple of years.

Engineer Walid Abdul Karim of the Building Inspection Department of the Dubai Municipality told Khaleej Times, “According to the initial plan, the eviction drive will be starting from February and will be completed by February next year. But it can take almost two years.”

“The municipality has served notices to several people in this regard. The civic body first serves them with a notice to move. We then wait for a week. If they don’t listen to us, we send a letter to the DEWA asking it to diconnect the water and electricity supply to the premises. The DEWA often takes a long time to withdraw the supply,” he said, explaining what can possibly cause the delay in completing the campaign on time.

Municipality officials said there are 500 bachelors staying in the Rashidiya area alone.

Yep - these laborers should know better then trying to live in a residential area and should get back into the labor camps where there is no air conditioning or any decent amenities.

Anyone would think that they built this City?!?!??

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 03, 2007
what the govt needs to do is build a new city (lets call is Bachelor City to be original) with a huge wall around it.

All the bachelors will have to live in there - they can lock the gates on weekends and after hours so then noone has to see them when they are not at work!

Sheesh...maybe if accomodation wasnt so expensive they wouldnt need to cram a buzillion people into one room! which i think is the biggest gripe.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 03, 2007
So, OK, I am a bachelor, I get a week to get out of my apartment and find a new one! WTF.

What defines a "bachelor" in this instance.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 03, 2007
yorky500 wrote:So, OK, I am a bachelor, I get a week to get out of my apartment and find a new one! WTF.

What defines a "bachelor" in this instance.

More then one male in a flat / house / villa I suppose.

But really it means Indian construction workers residing together.

For example I can hardly see them evicting two very rich male fashion designers from there luxury palm retreat.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Re: Eviction drive against bachelors from February Jan 03, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2007/January/theuae_January4.xml&section=theuae

DUBAI — The Dubai Municipality is scheduled to begin the eviction drive against bachelors staying in residential areas this February. Though the deadline for its completion is February next year, officials say it can take a couple of years.

Engineer Walid Abdul Karim of the Building Inspection Department of the Dubai Municipality told Khaleej Times, “According to the initial plan, the eviction drive will be starting from February and will be completed by February next year. But it can take almost two years.”

“The municipality has served notices to several people in this regard. The civic body first serves them with a notice to move. We then wait for a week. If they don’t listen to us, we send a letter to the DEWA asking it to diconnect the water and electricity supply to the premises. The DEWA often takes a long time to withdraw the supply,” he said, explaining what can possibly cause the delay in completing the campaign on time.

Municipality officials said there are 500 bachelors staying in the Rashidiya area alone.

Yep - these laborers should know better then trying to live in a residential area and should get back into the labor camps where there is no air conditioning or any decent amenities.

Anyone would think that they built this City?!?!??

most of the single guys ive seen in this area arent labourers...and are very very very super hot :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 06, 2007
They don't like singles, they don't like flat sharing multiples (whether mixed or single gender) and they don't like cohabiting couples.

Basically the only thing they "like" is man-wife married couples.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 06, 2007
secretdubai wrote:They don't like singles, they don't like flat sharing multiples (whether mixed or single gender) and they don't like cohabiting couples.

i live alone...no one bothers me :roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2007
I dont understand. Why do they not like it?
This might be a stupid assumption but is it because the labourers share with like 20 people in a 5 person residence?
:?
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 09, 2007
Coops wrote:what the govt needs to do is build a new city (lets call is Bachelor City to be original) with a huge wall around it.

Well that won't surprise me a bit!
Its bling bling Dubai remember? The tourists have to be preserved from reality and enjoy the ride!
Frodo

Re: Eviction drive against bachelors from February Jan 09, 2007

This is by far the most abnormal piece of Dubai Management idea I've heard this week. :roll:
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 09, 2007
dam...so lets all go get married quickly....then we wont have to get evicted....i know alot of fake chicks we can buy who are in this forum...for a very low price too!

We will all be safe then....hsahhaa...i have the perfect one for u buddy....fiesty one!
dubai_sale
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2007
bushra21 wrote:
secretdubai wrote:They don't like singles, they don't like flat sharing multiples (whether mixed or single gender) and they don't like cohabiting couples.

i live alone...no one bothers me :roll:

You are different.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Eviction drive against bachelors from February Jan 10, 2007
bushra21 wrote:
most of the single guys ive seen in this area arent labourers...and are very very very super hot :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey me too, the single gals and guys I know arent labourers!! And their companies doesnt provide them housing, just gives the allowance, so where in UAE should they live? :roll:
zam

Jan 10, 2007
looks like i have to speed up my marriage plan to now!!!!
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2007
Bleakus wrote:looks like i have to speed up my marriage plan to now!!!!

well first and foremost did you find your simple girl who plays paintball already? :lol:
zam

Jan 10, 2007
zam wrote:

well first and foremost did you find your simple girl who plays paintball already? :lol:

no not yet :(

well there is an international paintball team who are only girls in the team, gotta go and pay them a visit ;)

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2007
I'd hit no. 2 & 4 (at a push). You can have the rest. :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 10, 2007
i dont know if your able to handle them, you should see them play ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2007
Well, if you're going to live in an area set aside for families . . .
iapetus11
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 10, 2007
Bleakus wrote:well there is an international paintball team who are only girls in the team, gotta go and pay them a visit ;)

Let me know when you do and I'll come with you :-)

(purely for moral support, of course)
iapetus11
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 10, 2007
haha sure thing dude ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
zam wrote:

no not yet :(

well there is an international paintball team who are only girls in the team, gotta go and pay them a visit ;)

I think those girls wrote to 7Days, complaining about labourer-types staring at them on the beach.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 10, 2007
^^nice racist joke dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat