What Did You Do This Summer ?

Topic locked
What did you do this summer ? Aug 22, 2005
ok i know most of you guys where out of dubai for their vacation this summer ... .. unlike the few unlucky souls left here to work and work and work (me included .. :x

now for those guys who actually manage to enjoy their summer ... pls tell us more about it !!!!!

mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 22, 2005
I have done pretty much nothing...and it's been great 8)

work in a few weeks though :(
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2005
worked
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

... Aug 23, 2005
Not so lucky.... :oops:
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 23, 2005
Work work work and yet more work. I;m currently busier now than I have been the rest of the year - go figure!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2005
I went to Jerusalem for 3 weeks, and got to go around (Yafa, Tel Aviv, Bethlehm, Ramallah .... )

It was Great !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2005
MaaaD wrote:I went to Jerusalem for 3 weeks, and got to go around (Yafa, Tel Aviv, Bethlehm, Ramallah .... )

It was Great !

And they let you into the UAE with an Israeli stamp on your passport??? :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2005
ah ... man jeeez im also working this summer .. life sucks !!!! im supposed to be in turkey eating those huge turkish sandwhich (like shawarma but just bigger) and turkish coffee ....

or i coud have been in cyprus ... with hot cypriot chicks around me ... eating sublaki with satsiki !!! hmmmm while drinking ouzo !!!! hmmmmm damn ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD MY VACATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MALAKA PUSTI !!!!!!!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 23, 2005
Holiday? What holidays? hahahahahaha

Like most of the world, I worked too. Did manage to take off a few days off and took the g/f to Beirut, which was a really great place, but thats all!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 23, 2005
Where did you stay in Beirut?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2005
My commisserations man...but if its of any consolation, there's this place in Deira/Mamzar that makes those turkish burgers (the humongous ones)...Can't recall the exact location, last went there 4-5 years ago...but I think it was called Turki Burger ...hehe sorry dude best I can do...was supposed to go to Turkey myself a while back, but that was when the series of bombings happened there, and well that was that

[quote="mAJOR pAIN"]ah ... man jeeez im also working this summer .. life sucks !!!! im supposed to be in turkey eating those huge turkish sandwhich (like shawarma but just bigger) and turkish coffee ....

or i coud have been in cyprus ... with hot cypriot chicks around me ... eating sublaki with satsiki !!! hmmmm while drinking ouzo !!!! hmmmmm damn ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD MY VACATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MALAKA PUSTI !!!!!!!!![/quote]
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 24, 2005
I didn't work for the whole summer.......

Spend most of the time in Dubai (looking for a job), then my bf took me to Beriut for a few days <----- I enjoyed it very much. I will go back to Hong Kong for a week or 2.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 24, 2005
we went to Newport (Rhod Iland -New Ingland) In Usa
Charming town with great beach and Historical Mansions.. But I had an argument about road directions while driving there with dear husband and then we got so Mad from each other and he drove back to our house ...We had to pay for the Newport hotel fees and we spent a nice vacation on our House yard along with bugs and insects
We are really a blessed couples :love8:
Umass
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 24, 2005
Sweat my ass off in Abu Dhabi 8)
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 24, 2005
Liban wrote:Where did you stay in Beirut?

Le meridian Commodore in Hamra.

Was a fantastic place, we really enjoyed it. It has a mix of culture and religion. However, the greasy arsed Lebs (no offence) think they are gods gift to women. It really makes you wanna puke!

Its defo a place tro go if you only wear tight t-shirts.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 24, 2005
I chased some stupid high schools kids around with a knife, dressed in a raincoat :D
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 24, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:I chased some stupid high schools kids around with a knife, dressed in a raincoat :D

Wait....that was LAST summer.....hmmmm :twisted:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat