Accomodation Question

Topic locked
Accomodation Question Dec 30, 2006
***Newbie Alert***

OK so I now know that Greens and Dubai Marina (probably the whole Barsha area) are out of my price bracket (i.e. over 60K for a studio). Below are the facts and I would really appreciate all the help you can give me:

a) I will be working in the API World Tower on Sheik Zayed Road

b) I would love to escape traffic as much as possible (I've had enough of that here in Egypt)

c) I am looking for a studio, preferably with all facilities or in a compound, for no more than 60K

d) I am looking for a nice place (I don't want to compromise too much because that kills morale)

I realize I might be trying to formulate the impossible and if so please explain why and how. This newbie doesn't mind schooling :)

OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

RE: Dec 31, 2006
Any thoughts?
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 31, 2006
Hello O, you can try this website to find a rental Bachelor apartment. http://www.dubaipropertymatch.com At the moment they have only three listings for bachelor studios, one in Marina for 75,000 (fully furnished) and two in International City, one for only 36,000 (unfurnished) and the other for 65,000 (fully furnished).
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

RE: Dec 31, 2006
kanelli wrote:Hello O, you can try this website to find a rental Bachelor apartment. http://www.dubaipropertymatch.com At the moment they have only three listings for bachelor studios, one in Marina for 75,000 (fully furnished) and two in International City, one for only 36,000 (unfurnished) and the other for 65,000 (fully furnished).

Thank you for the post. I have seen this website before and I have had much better luck with the classifieds on www.gulfnews.com

Honestly, at this point, my problem is not so much the budget (so long as it is not over 60K all inclusive) as it is with where. Marina is great but way out of my price range, as for International City; I truly hope I like it there (if it turns out to be a nice place to live, not a long commute, against traffic from and to Zayed Road, etc) because the prices are sweet (65K is WAY too much for an International City studio even if furnished I think).

So what do you think in light of the above, as someone who lives in Dubai , what do you suggest? Many thanks Kanelli
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 01, 2007
Sorry O, but the rent prices are out of control at the moment. If you have difficulties finding a place close to your work that is within your budget, you should really pressure the company to increase your housing allowance. Just keep checking the newspapers and websites and post your own ad. You can get a cheaper rent price if you are willing to share accomodation. There are new apartments and shared accomodations opening up all along Sheikh Zayed and in the communities behind. If you have a Dubai Explorer book you can check the maps in the back to see the areas that are close to your work and narrow your search. Good luck! I know it is tough finding reasonably priced accomodation nowadays :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 01, 2007
kanelli wrote:Sorry O, but the rent prices are out of control at the moment. If you have difficulties finding a place close to your work that is within your budget, you should really pressure the company to increase your housing allowance. Just keep checking the newspapers and websites and post your own ad. You can get a cheaper rent price if you are willing to share accomodation. There are new apartments and shared accomodations opening up all along Sheikh Zayed and in the communities behind. If you have a Dubai Explorer book you can check the maps in the back to see the areas that are close to your work and narrow your search. Good luck! I know it is tough finding reasonably priced accomodation nowadays :(

Thanks a mill man!

My Emirates ticket was just confirmed a little while ago; 10/01/07 19:00 Cairo local time. I will figure stuff out myself soon enough I guess :)
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 01, 2007
Omar,

You could also try Bur Dubai area and/or Satwa I think a studio there would be cheaper than the Greens or Marina. However the problem is finding something available so keep your eye open for a place in those areas.

Also sometimes you will find studios in Jumeirah/Um Suqieum .. those are close to SZR and might be in your range.

Best of luck !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 01, 2007
MaaaD wrote:Omar,

You could also try Bur Dubai area and/or Satwa I think a studio there would be cheaper than the Greens or Marina. However the problem is finding something available so keep your eye open for a place in those areas.

Also sometimes you will find studios in Jumeirah/Um Suqieum .. those are close to SZR and might be in your range.

Best of luck !

Thanks! Bur Dubai is definitely on the top of the list now. I know very little about Jumeira (heard of it before of course) but never heard of the Um Suqieum area. Any thoughts on International City?
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 02, 2007
International city is a new development and its a bit out there, search the forum there is another thread with a map of where it is and other people's opinions on the international city.

Um Suquiem is just an extension of Jumeirah along the beach its a bit further away from SZR closer to burj al arab. If you check this site:

http://www.dubizzle.com/Categories/Duba ... t_flag=pr#

there is a "View Map" link on the top Um Suqiem is marked number 26
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
MaaaD wrote:International city is a new development and its a bit out there, search the forum there is another thread with a map of where it is and other people's opinions on the international city.

Um Suquiem is just an extension of Jumeirah along the beach its a bit further away from SZR closer to burj al arab. If you check this site:

http://www.dubizzle.com/Categories/Duba ... t_flag=pr#

there is a "View Map" link on the top Um Suqiem is marked number 26

Thank you very much!
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Villa Share Jan 04, 2007
We have spacious rooms with private bathrooms in our 4 bedroom villa next to DIC & Knowledge Village. We are a South African couple and a
Belgium guy in the age group of 29 - 32 years currently living in the villa. The villa is furnished with a beautiful garden including 24 hr
security, wireless internet, satelite tv, gym, sauna, steamroom, swimming pool and jacuzzi.
It's a smoking & cat friendly environment.

Double Room with private bathroom = AED 54000 per annum 1 cheque (as per landlord's instructions).
Master Room with on-suite bathroom = AED 60 000 per annum 1 cheque (as per landlord instructions).

Should a person want to vacate, the onus is on them to find a new tenant to pay them.

Call Janus on +971 50 2740725 if you would like to view the place!
Janus.Mulder
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Villa Share Jan 05, 2007
Janus.Mulder wrote:We have spacious rooms with private bathrooms in our 4 bedroom villa next to DIC & Knowledge Village. We are a South African couple and a
Belgium guy in the age group of 29 - 32 years currently living in the villa. The villa is furnished with a beautiful garden including 24 hr
security, wireless internet, satelite tv, gym, sauna, steamroom, swimming pool and jacuzzi.
It's a smoking & cat friendly environment.

Double Room with private bathroom = AED 54000 per annum 1 cheque (as per landlord's instructions).
Master Room with on-suite bathroom = AED 60 000 per annum 1 cheque (as per landlord instructions).

Should a person want to vacate, the onus is on them to find a new tenant to pay them.

Call Janus on +971 50 2740725 if you would like to view the place!

Knowing that my Siamese would be welcomed I will most probably give you guys a call :) I arrive next Wednesday.

I note the word "Onus" in your post; are you an attorney like myself?
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai