Dubai Shopping Festival

Topic locked
Dubai Shopping Festival Oct 20, 2006
:lol: Booming period for shoppers, retailers and mall developers start because Dubai Shopping Festival will start from 20th December, 2006.

By 2009, Dubai is expected to have the highest retail spend in the GCC, higher than Saudi Arabia and despite having a population one-twentieth the size. Most of this spend will be generated from the expected15 million tourists. :shock:
Complete Information on Dubai Shopping Festival

sherrybove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 22, 2006
DSF is a rip off! You think your'e getting bargins, but actual fact you're not really.

DSS is much better.

PLus do you really think that during the busy period in the run upto Christmas where retailers make loads of profit that they're going to be putting on good deals? Think again.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 02, 2007
quite right,

i was expecting discount goods as it is the 'super festival of cheap stuff' but i find no decent pricing at all, just what u get in the uk all year round, standard discounts they think are so good over here, but they are not.

i waited for the sales to buy a digital camera, in the sale its still 899aed, u just get a 512mb memory card with it, wow, thats worth a tenner!

so i have still not bought a camera, i want a basic 5megapixel that i can store my memories of dubai in, but for the price, i may as well get a HD camcorder instead!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 03, 2007
It is a rip-off, I went to zara and massimo dutti the other day and as i expected, they were in a state of chaos, unorganized, clothes on the floor, place looking really messy and on top of it all: There were hardly any decent remaining items on sale really... And the fewww decent ones that remain are either tooo big for normal people or too small *yawns*

But for the more expensive shops like Harvey Nicholas and Aizone, the deals are quite good imho, but I do not know how they compare to prices in the UK for instance (400-600 dirhams for a pair of jeans after discount for instance)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai