Job Offer

Topic locked
Job Offer Dec 30, 2006
HI
Just after some input into a package that has been offered. Roll of Project Director in Building Construction. Package total is $200K US. PA. Base Salary being $10K US per month + bonus.Includes $140k AED for accomodation, $28K AED for relocation, Health and airfare 1 return per annum included. Schooling $10K US per child. Car allowance $30K AED per annum. 5 weeks annual leave. Is this a offer on par with current.
Would $11500 AED per month for accomodation get a 3 bed in Jameirha area. Would $28000 AED set up a house as we have to purchase beds,etc and white goods.2 adults + 2 children.
Would appreciate any input.
Thankyou
:D

Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 30, 2006
I would say that this is a good offer, you may be a little light on you accomodation and furniture budget, decent 3bed in Jumairah will be around 200k and furnishings I would thing 40k would be more like it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 30, 2006
Sage
Thanks for your input, what area would $140k get for a 3 bed.Close or out of town.
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 30, 2006
Xander wrote:Sage
Thanks for your input, what area would $140k get for a 3 bed.Close or out of town.

Dhs140k would probably manage in Mirdif
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 30, 2006
where is midrif and is it close to schools for the kids. is it a nice area
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 26, 2007
Mirdif is out of town and not close to the big shopping centers like Battuta Mall and Mall of the Emirates.
But Dubai Festival City is developing quickly and Dubai Land will come up in the future, see map with Mirdif

I do not know how many schools are around there. For sure Uptown School is located in Mirdif.
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Job Offer Jan 27, 2007
Xander wrote:HI
Just after some input into a package that has been offered. Roll of Project Director in Building Construction. Package total is $200K US. PA. Base Salary being $10K US per month + bonus.Includes $140k AED for accomodation, $28K AED for relocation, Health and airfare 1 return per annum included. Schooling $10K US per child. Car allowance $30K AED per annum. 5 weeks annual leave. Is this a offer on par with current.
Would $11500 AED per month for accomodation get a 3 bed in Jameirha area. Would $28000 AED set up a house as we have to purchase beds,etc and white goods.2 adults + 2 children.
Would appreciate any input.
Thankyou
:D

-10K/mth USD is good anywhere in the world.

-140k/yr AED is ok.. but its a little light. Check dubaipropertymatch.com for prices. Find out where your offices are, thats the big tihng.

-Schools are all over the place in Dubai for kids, but double check the schools. I've talked to a lot of the teachers at some of these international schools, and the education level of the kids in attendance are not very good. For the future of your children, taking an active role in their education is key to making sure they're ok when they go back to your home country.

-28k AED furniture: just goto ikea, and furnish your entire house with ikea. if you're only gonna be here for a few years, no need to bother investing in furniture of any significant value.

-30k/yr car will get you a toyota corolla from a rental/leasing agency. You'll need 36-40k to get a camry or accord. get the safest car you can possibly get, the drivers here are crazy.

-find out where your office is, and try to live anywhere on the abu dhabi side of the office. otherwise, expect rush hour traffic.

-I just moved from jumeirah.. I hated it personally based soley on the fact that it is a LOT noisier at night than you realise. In the past month, I've been woken up by crazy drivers thinking that the roads are an F1 course, 3 weddings, and loud neighbors. Go to the springs or something, and get your wife a car.
djl
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum