What Do You Do In Dubai

Topic locked
what do you do in dubai Apr 21, 2004
so the question speaks for its self where do you yall hang in dubai when you come or if you live here?

the most commen answer for english ppl are:
clubbing!
sheisha!

if its clubing which one?
and when?

FAKESPIKE

me Apr 21, 2004
I come to Dubai as often as possible to see my boyfriend. We normally stay in Rigga area as there is a lot going on at night. Mainly go to bars and restaurants (Bar 51 being the best one so far). Been to a few clubs but they are all on hotel premises. They don't really do it for me, they're not on the same scale as UK clubs. I don't want to dis the club scene in Dubai but none of them really stood out. My boyfriend who is Arabic agrees with me on this one as we lived together in the UK for 3 years. Where I live in the UK, on the South Coast, it really is a major clubbing area. Brighton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Southampton and London just over an hour away.
Have to say though that shopping is my major objective in Dubai and you can't beat the designer shops etc. or the bargains in duty free.
I love UAE and I love touring around and checking out the other Emirates. The beaches are great and I can't wait to move there permanently in the next few months when we get married.
Lady Luck
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2004
lol wow seriously. bf! marriage! long distance relationships! thats great.

well hotel clubs arnt good at all i personaly like the lodge and bedouir. but there are a few ones that i love that i will keep a secret i dont want to over crowd the place :).

there are some great bars here i'm not much of a drinker but i remember hanging there a few times during the football league in euroupe. nothing like watching football with drunk english fans they really like there football.
FAKESPIKE

Apr 22, 2004
whats the deal with the club scene.

Are certain clubs or certain weeknights couples only or is it that you gotta show up early ? whats the info , where's the best place to hang out ? Just wonderin . . .

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Apr 22, 2004
any good club will be selective. so when they say couples only they want you to get lost.

usualy they do want you to go with a girl. because they are tring to equal out the male and female ratio. no one wants a club full of guys and a single girl.

along with soe other reasons.
FAKESPIKE

Apr 22, 2004
Goin out clubbin as a group is fine. Even as a couple with some friend. but really if you're single and lookin then I guess the bar scene works best.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat