Dress Code

Topic locked
Dress Code Nov 24, 2006
Greetings all..

I'm finally arriving in Dubai next Tuesday...

I hear it gets a bit chilly in the evenings...will I need a jacket? is leather okay?

And when I go for interviews (for management and executive jobs) do I need to wear a suit?

Thanks in advance..

alwayssuperstylin
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dress Code Nov 24, 2006
alwayssuperstylin wrote:Greetings all..

I'm finally arriving in Dubai next Tuesday...

I hear it gets a bit chilly in the evenings...will I need a jacket? is leather okay?

And when I go for interviews (for management and executive jobs) do I need to wear a suit?

Thanks in advance..

From now until March / April a jacket in the evening is a good idea.

Interview's a suit and tie is always a good idea, first impression is as you walk through the door.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 24, 2006
And always greet the first person you see nicely - they could be your interviewer and Not the receptionist
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2006
Also just to enforce Scarlet's note above, I usually ask the receptionist how the person treated her, this weighs in my decision making.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 24, 2006
Agree with Fayz and Scarlet. Our receptionist usually gives me a brief whenever she signs someone in. Esp. if the person was rude!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 24, 2006
Dubai Forums all the way!

I didnt think that I'd be getting interview tips for a simple few questions, you guys are brilliant.

And your definitely right about the attitude aspect, after all your walking in hoping to score a job. People arent sitting around all day to hire people that walk around with their heads up their ar$e.

Good to know that we live in a day and age where you can get good advise from a set of complete strangers and plan most of a trip overseas based on their input and advise. Long live Dubai Forums and all you helpful people out there. Thank you very much.

Cheers!...next post will be from Dubai..unless of course.... 8)
alwayssuperstylin
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 24, 2006
alwayssuperstylin wrote:Dubai Forums all the way!

I didnt think that I'd be getting interview tips for a simple few questions, you guys are brilliant.

And your definitely right about the attitude aspect, after all your walking in hoping to score a job. People arent sitting around all day to hire people that walk around with their heads up their ar$e.

Good to know that we live in a day and age where you can get good advise from a set of complete strangers and plan most of a trip overseas based on their input and advise. Long live Dubai Forums and all you helpful people out there. Thank you very much.

Cheers!...next post will be from Dubai..unless of course.... 8)

Good luck
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 29, 2006
Finally here!

Let the job hunt begin!

Oh btw..It seems nice so far. I had to see the traffic to believe what all the b8ching was about.
alwayssuperstylin
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 29, 2006
Good Luck with your job hunting. It's a perfect timing as the weather is getting cooler. You can walk a distance to save some penny while looking for greener pasture. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

dress code Dec 21, 2006
hi, all.

speaking of dress code: i am a female, and i'm wondering if the dress code in dubai is "strict", like: do they allow females to wear sleeveless or spaghetti-strapped dresses/blouses there? or figure-hugging jeans?

i'll be there next month and i'd sure appreciate knowing what kind of outfits to bring or not to bring anymore.

thanks.
r.lalaine
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: dress code Dec 21, 2006
r.lalaine wrote:hi, all.

speaking of dress code: i am a female, and i'm wondering if the dress code in dubai is "strict", like: do they allow females to wear sleeveless or spaghetti-strapped dresses/blouses there? or figure-hugging jeans?

i'll be there next month and i'd sure appreciate knowing what kind of outfits to bring or not to bring anymore.

thanks.

you can wear what you like but be prepared to get stared at if its too revealing. Only consider covering up fully when its ramadan.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 21, 2006
And don't reveal too much in Sharjah.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 21, 2006
sauron wrote:And don't reveal too much in Sharjah.

Don't go to Sharjah, better :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

try this.. Jan 05, 2007
try looking on http://www.emiratesvillage.com
you are bound to find what you want.
If not, post a free ad stating what you need and someone is bound to get back to you.
mr_mo
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum