What Is The Best Area For My Needs?

Topic locked
What Is The Best Area For My Needs? Nov 19, 2006
Assalaamu Alaikum/ Peace Be With You/ Hello...

Okay I'm hoping to move to Sharjah early December, i've got 2 kids both young and not yet at school age. I am looking for somewhere original where I can live in an Arab community as I am a convert to Islam and am looking to learn as much as I can of the language.

I am looking for an area where there are many mosques and the people are mainly Arabic speaking (for the purpose of learning). Please can you advise me as to which areas are best for my needs.

My budget is very low, i'm a qualified English teacher and am hoping to get a job as soon as I arrive as my savings are very limited. I am not looking anywhere near the 5* accomodation that ppl have on offer on all the real estate sites. Just something clean that will suffice my needs and the needs of my wife and kids. Pool...doesn't matter, gym... I don't even have one in the UK, sauna...comeon! I am seriously only looking for a 2 bed apptment or house.. It could be in the city or in the suburbs... I am really versatile...

Which areas do you recommend that I look at? What is the lowest budget i'm looking at for a 1 or 2 bed in such an area?

Many thanks for the advice... :roll:
I pray that you all find the peace that I have found with Islam.

Assalaamu Alaikum / Peace Be With You/ Bye...

yahya_ibraheem
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 19, 2006
good luck / allah yssahel 3alik
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 19, 2006
You could Rashidya/Garhoud/Mirdiff a shot... I pay about 50 K a year for a two bedroom villa. Its not bad...and my neighbours are really nice.

They are nice areas to live, anywhere you go you are going to find mosques and arabic speaking people...and not that expensive compared to inner dubai and jebeli ali.

Hmmm, I personally dont like Sharjah...(no offense to those that live there).
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 19, 2006
bushra21 wrote:You could Rashidya/Garhoud/Mirdiff a shot... I pay about 50 K a year for a two bedroom villa. Its not bad...and my neighbours are really nice.

They are nice areas to live, anywhere you go you are going to find mosques and arabic speaking people...and not that expensive compared to inner dubai and jebeli ali.

so if 2 person rent a two bedroom villa , it will be really nice , about 2000-2500dhs per/month
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 19, 2006
Assalamualaikum...

I'll be in Dubai in March '07 but the family (wife & son) will only be coming in June '07.

I have a budget of AED4500/mth for accommodation. Which area should I look for with:
a) 1 bedroom aprtment (2 bedroom better); and
b) near amenities such as clinics, pre-school, mosque, supermarkets.

I'm a muslim (non-arab) & my son is 3 years old.

I'll be working somewhere along SZR....would like to minimise travelling time to office if possible, with my budget.

Thanks in advance.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 19, 2006
bushra21 wrote:You could Rashidya/Garhoud/Mirdiff a shot... I pay about 50 K a year for a two bedroom villa. Its not bad...and my neighbours are really nice.

Wow thats a good deal - It was around 100-115k for 2 bedroom when i was looking a month ago.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Re: What Is The Best Area For My Needs? Dec 19, 2006
Okay I'm hoping to move to Sharjah early December, i've got 2 kids both young and not yet at school age. I am looking for somewhere original where I can live in an Arab community as I am a convert to Islam and am looking to learn as much as I can of the language.

For accommodation, Sharjah is much cheaper than Dubai.......and much more Islamic.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai