New Year 2006/7 Events

Topic locked
New Year 2006/7 Events Dec 17, 2006
Does anyone know where we can find out about this year's NY events? Timeout seems to have a rather small listing, and that cant be all there is happening?

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
That really depends on what you are looking for. There are loads of events, you have to decide what you wanna do first.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
yorky500 wrote:That really depends on what you are looking for. There are loads of events, you have to decide what you wanna do first.

Hey, well am talking bout dinner/dancing events. No c;ubs, but am open to beach party, or nice dinner/dancing at a hotel - prefer to be outdoors as well if possible (beach, creek, open air) etc....
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
Well, you have QD's at the Dubai Creek Golf Club, I cannot remember the overall price but it is an all inclusive package.

Also, a pretty good atmosphere is to go to Madinat Jumeriah and sit at either Left bank or Trader Vics. At midnight you get to see the Burj lit up with all the fireworks!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Well, you have QD's at the Dubai Creek Golf Club, I cannot remember the overall price but it is an all inclusive package.

Also, a pretty good atmosphere is to go to Madinat Jumeriah and sit at either Left bank or Trader Vics. At midnight you get to see the Burj lit up with all the fireworks!

BTW when does the first day of the Holiday start?, and will it affect the opening times??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 18, 2006
thats a good question S&O.

I have heard that it will be called on the 29, some say 30. I just do not think it will be called on the 31, as the sheiks will lose way too much money will no alcohol being served on NYE. I mean, they have a stake in all the hotels.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 18, 2006
Hi there,
have you seen this:
http://christmasdubai.blogspot.com/
I found it at the ladies forum and think is quite informative.
Hope it helps
:wink:
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

hellllllllooooooooooooo Dec 25, 2006
any interesting DJ events comming to dubai on new years?
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 25, 2006
The 28th will apparently be a dry night for the beginning of Eid.

Try www.dubailook.com
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

hi Dec 27, 2006
so there is this dj event on the 31st...at the trade centre...and i do like okenfeld....so thats good....and trilogy i think also has something or the other planned...

now...as dubai residents...u guys....is it worthwile going to these events on new years? i also heard that the crowd is terrible..and blah blah..and that a quiet evening at the burj or some othe resort/etc is better...any opinions?
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Re: hi Dec 28, 2006
cyrix wrote:so there is this dj event on the 31st...at the trade centre...and i do like okenfeld....so thats good....and trilogy i think also has something or the other planned...

now...as dubai residents...u guys....is it worthwile going to these events on new years? i also heard that the crowd is terrible..and blah blah..and that a quiet evening at the burj or some othe resort/etc is better...any opinions?

David Guetta at Trilogy

Last year several events were a total mess, especially the one at the Autodrome!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 29, 2006
check out the latest copy of infusion (www.infusion.ae) they have a good number of NYE listings.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events