English Language Editor - Online

Topic locked
English Language Editor - online Dec 11, 2006
Hi, I am students and I need someone to edit my projects in terms of English accuracy. It doesn't have to be someone with fancy dancy certificates rather I need someone who is good at English language grammar. Please I need it for my studies and I have been looking everywhere for an English editor and I couldn't find.
If you choose to accept the offer, then you will be working with me online and if I am pleased with the edition I will recommend you to other students.

Best Regards,
Nory :oops:

nory
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 13, 2006
Hi Nory,

Did you recieve my email. I am waiting for your reply.

best regards,
Aeliya.
Aeliya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2006
Hi, I can help you. My English and Grammer is excellent, let me know what you need checking. :D
sahibba
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 29, 2006
Hey. I may be able to give it a squiz. Send me your documents.

reemtrivedi@gmail.com
reemtrivedi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 18, 2007
Hi, I am intersted in your offer and I would like to help you in editing your texts. I have noticed so far in your speech one little mistake, as you said you will be "pleased with" and this word refers rather to sexual topic than general ones.And one more that is more serious like' I am students" where you have forgotten about article and used plural form. If you decide to give me a chance I will try my best to make you being satisfied with corrections and I will try to be as much reliable as possible.

Best regards,

Mary Wojdylo
Mary Wojdylo
Dubai Forum Guest

English Language Editor Jan 23, 2007
Dear Nory,

I believe I can help you. Feel free to send me your docs to m_abbaspour@yahoo.com and we can talk about it. Proofs of my english skill are available, if you look for any.

Cheers,
mohsenabbaspour
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 23, 2007
Nory, to be honest, I think you'd be better to self-edit ( and wouldn't that be more honest? )
So far, from among the responses, we have would be editors who :
a) can't spell i.e. grammar ; receive
b) don't know the rules of capitalisation i.e. the English language
c) don't know how to use articles i.e. the a
d) are trying to edit language you have used correctly i.e. pleased with
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

oo .. nich gut.. Jan 23, 2007
hi,
Sauron,to be honest I suppose it is not your business what Nory should or shouldn’t do. Besides if he writes that he is looking for someone’s help it means he needs it and he doesn’t write it for pleasure or fun, don’t you think? And I suppose you can keep opinion about each person’s knowledge yourself. You generalized every response what is rude. And if you were not asked to why do you write other’s people mistakes, it is not up to you to decide who you would or wouldn’t choose, so if you are so kind, leave it to Nory. Besides, you can’t spell grammar, but words, and I suppose that person who made a mistake in the word’receive’ was just hurrying while writing to Nory, the same was with me as I have written down the word “interested’ in a wrong way, but I was sure I didn’t have to write one more note with information that by accident I wrote this word incorrectly.

And one more thing. I didn’t correct but I SUGGESTED use of other word instead of”Pleased with” as if you could read comprehensibly you would understand sentence “ rather…than” .

But anyway thanks for your criticism! Take care, but be aware, that nobody is perfect and you have to accept what you can get….
Mary Wojdylo
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 24, 2007
I agree with Sauron.

I mean, just look at your last post.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

looking for free lance editing in english Feb 02, 2007
hi nory i joined a bit late at the dubaiforums but anyway i would be much pleased if you would contact me.my english is excellent and i can work online during day hours too.just mail me at abbasi_khan_38@hotmail.com and i would be glad to help you out or any of your freinds.best wishes. thank you
abbasi khan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 03, 2007
lol. Mary Wojdylo that's some ridiculously comprehensible English you got there.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 04, 2007
Just curious:

- are these offers all for free?

Let me know, I get requests more often.
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 04, 2007
I don't think they're free Astrid besides nothing is free in Dubai.

btw That's a pretty cool website you got there (startpage) kinda like craigslist.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 04, 2007
Thanks, started it because 'being borred'... ending up in an addiction..., not damaging yet, enjoying it.

I guess if I don't get replies you are right, will let you know if I hear about genuine offers of helping out a student.

...not long ago the sun was shining in Dubai for free :) .... that's what I heard while growing up: 'only the sun rises for free'. Maybe not translated well, now that we are talking about English grammar.
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 06, 2007
Thank you all for replaying to my request. Some of you I already send a private message to and some unfortunately I haven't. I assigned someone who is kindly replied to this message and I put your names in the list in case something happened. Thank you again, and please don't fight ... life doesn't worth it :(

Best Regards to all of you. :oops:
nory
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 30, 2007
I just have to say that I agree with sauron! There is at least one mistake with each of the respondents who offered to take the job. An editor is not someone who simply speaks good English, there is a lot more to it!!

Nory seems to have the best English amongst all ! :roll:
:wink:
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

May 11, 2007
hahahahahahahah love your comment.

Best Regards,
Nory
nory
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 04, 2008
sahibba wrote:Hi, I can help you. My English and Grammer is excellent, let me know what you need checking. :D

Mate, I don't know where you learnt your English, but the word "Grammer" is spelt grammar. Make sure your grammar does in fact reach the level of excellence before you call it that. ;)
siraj20
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 04, 2008
Haha, shit! I didn't notice everyone else cutting them down one by one as well. hahahha. Good stuff. Money hungry bastards!
siraj20
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai