Warning: Bogus Booze Brigade

Topic locked
Warning: bogus booze brigade Dec 09, 2006
Just in time for the seasonal booze run..... another colleague has been hit by the Vodka Vigilantes, this time at the Barracuda, UAQ.
Same scenario as has been reported on this forum before. Followed by car full of guys ( Iranian? ) Tailed friends all the way back from UAQ to Mirdif, flashing lights, gesticulating and eventually bumping their car when that didn't work. Wife drove thro their gate, locked it and stashed the evidence while he tackled the guys who eventually drove off saying they had his car number plate and will report him.
What to do about these guys? Another friends has suggested carrying a camera and snapping them in the act.
Ho ho ho.........bah.................humbug :evil:

sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 10, 2006
Yup, I'd say camera or video camera. Just get home, hide the bounty and then phone the police - all they'll see is a bunch of madmen chasing you in a car. I doubt they'll hang around long if they realise they're being filmed.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 10, 2006
scot1870 wrote:Yup, I'd say camera or video camera. Just get home, hide the bounty and then phone the police - all they'll see is a bunch of madmen chasing you in a car. I doubt they'll hang around long if they realise they're being filmed.

That's a good idea, pull over and start filming them with a camera - see what they do.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 10, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
scot1870 wrote:Yup, I'd say camera or video camera. Just get home, hide the bounty and then phone the police - all they'll see is a bunch of madmen chasing you in a car. I doubt they'll hang around long if they realise they're being filmed.

That's a good idea, pull over and start filming them with a camera - see what they do.

Considering the fact that they are already breaking the law, it would be prudent to take this course of action only when you have one or two additional witnesses, otherwise these idiots are liable to run you down.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Considering the fact that they are already breaking the law, it would be prudent to take this course of action only when you have one or two additional witnesses, otherwise these idiots are liable to run you down.

Sage, as a former member of the Adventurous Social Scouts (A.S.S.) and the Freedom Fighters against Full-on-Feminism, (FFAFOF) I am no stranger to danger. It could be said I have lived my life on the razor's edge, and it is only through a strong association with my deity that I am somehow still alive to walk this earth.

As an A.S.S. I had many brushes with the next life, especially in earning my "Almost but not quite making it home walking whilst drunk" badge. Many a times I woke up in bushes almost but not quite near my home, and in some of the neighbourhoods I grew up in, this was especially dangerous.

And in my years as a member of FFAFOF, I had to stand toe-to-toe with some big militant hairy lesbians who could easily rip me limb from limb. Not a pretty experience.

I think I can handle a couple of skinny Iranians in a bombed out Sunny.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2006
It's this Deva Vu all over again with the liquor run. If I remember correctly IAN you were silly enough to go to the whole in the wall, run pass a police station, see many locals buying booze and live to tell about it.

*looks for prerecorded message in the Sage Wisdom machine - aximoron but will do*
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
Concord wrote:It's this Deva Vu all over again with the liquor run. If I remember correctly IAN you were silly enough to go to the whole in the wall, run pass a police station, see many locals buying booze and live to tell about it.

*looks for prerecorded message in the Sage Wisdom machine - aximoron but will do*

Yes, that's true, but my accomplice's knowledge of the back streets allowed us to avoid pretty much everything.... even Emirates Road.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Sage, as a former member of the Adventurous Social Scouts (A.S.S.) and the Freedom Fighters against Full-on-Feminism, (FFAFOF) I am no stranger to danger. It could be said I have lived my life on the razor's edge, and it is only through a strong association with my deity that I am somehow still alive to walk this earth.

As an A.S.S. I had many brushes with the next life, especially in earning my "Almost but not quite making it home walking whilst drunk" badge. Many a times I woke up in bushes almost but not quite near my home, and in some of the neighbourhoods I grew up in, this was especially dangerous.

And in my years as a member of FFAFOF, I had to stand toe-to-toe with some big militant hairy lesbians who could easily rip me limb from limb. Not a pretty experience.

I wasn't actually referring to you Ian, as it seemed that Scott was the one that was going to do it. I know that you are brave enough to do anything :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 10, 2006
Brave? Dutch courage, more like, by the sounds of things. Cheers!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:I wasn't actually referring to you Ian, as it seemed that Scott was the one that was going to do it. I know that you are brave enough to do anything :roll:

Well perhaps you should have quoted only Scot and not me?

70 million posts and you think you'd know how to use the quoting system.
^ian^

Dec 11, 2006
sauron wrote:Brave? Dutch courage, more like, by the sounds of things. Cheers!

Nah, when you grow up in Australia they give you a pair of Kahuna's for your first birthday.
^ian^

Dec 11, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I wasn't actually referring to you Ian, as it seemed that Scott was the one that was going to do it. I know that you are brave enough to do anything :roll:

Thank you for your comments, I will try to take greater care the next time I reply to Dr. Perfect :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Thank you for your comments, I will try to take greater care the next time I reply to Dr. Perfect :roll:

That's so obvious.
^ian^

Dec 11, 2006
That's so obvious.

What is?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 11, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I went through the same when I was a member of the STHU&STHL campaign (Shut The Hell Up & Shave The Hairy Lesbian)
bear
Dubai chat master

Dec 11, 2006
I would do the booze runs in a tinted 4wd drive and wearing a kandoora .. lets see any of those trying to come near you 8)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 11, 2006
This is the funniest post that has apperaed in weeks
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 12, 2006
Agreed.........nice one, MaaaD. Brains and a sense of humour. Would be great to carjack 666 and do the run in his mean machine.
:P
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum