Christmas In Dubai

Topic locked
Christmas in Dubai Nov 11, 2006
Does Dubai go into a recruitment slumber like during Christmas like Ramadan? and do alot of Expats go home for the holidays?

alwayssuperstylin
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 11, 2006
I'm probably not the best person to answer but from my experience I've noticed X-mas is business as normal, nothing really changes it is not a public holiday but many people of the Christian faith take the day off, but if they do it is just the day usually not so much flying home.

Good luck in your job hunt.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 12, 2006
Well done fayz. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Christmas in Dubai Nov 12, 2006
alwayssuperstylin wrote:Does Dubai go into a recruitment slumber like during Christmas like Ramadan? and do alot of Expats go home for the holidays?

On the whole there is a slow down in the recruitment process until the new year.....Then it starts to pick up again.....Just my take....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Christmas in Dubai Nov 12, 2006
alwayssuperstylin wrote:Does Dubai go into a recruitment slumber like during Christmas like Ramadan? and do alot of Expats go home for the holidays?

Hmmmm during Christmas time there is no obvious decrease for recruitment demand. However for the second Q, it actually depends upon the nationality of the Expat. You cannot generalize the answer for it. :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 09, 2006
Depends what line of work you are in. Reckon it's a good time to be job hunting. Lot of folks get homesick this time of year and decide to call it a day. Good luck. :wink:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum