Topic locked
pls rate this package... Dec 06, 2006
I have received an offer as follows:

Salary: AED25,000/month
Housing: AED6,500/month
Car Allowance: AED1,000/month
Travel: 2 home flights per year
Medical and insurance provided

My status is single so no need for tuition fees.
I will be working for an investment house, how does it compared with market? and would I manage to live in dubai with reasonable comfort (occasional clubbing and dining, social activities etc)?

fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2006
The SEARCH function is your best friend.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 06, 2006
I was hoping for more personalized feedback...
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2006
I think the search function in this forum sucks a big one.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 06, 2006
fafit wrote:I was hoping for more personalized feedback...

It's a good package, take it if you feel it's right. It certainly allows you enough to fully enjoy Dubai.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 06, 2006
yorky500 wrote:The SEARCH function is your best friend.

Just because it's your only friend doesn't mean it's our best friend.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 06, 2006
I think the search function in this forum sucks a big one.

Not if you learn how to use it - theres a lot more to it then just typing a couple of words.

Yorky - everytime i see that pic link in your sig I crack up. Reminds me of being that age where no bit of nature is safe from being wound up or poked with a sick :)[/quote]
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 06, 2006
I think your package is good. You need to look at where your going to live.

A 1 bedroom apartment in the Marina will set you back 95K AED a year at least. Then you need to furnish it. 10KAED is enough (Ikea). Based on that you will need to go into your salary to make up the rest.

I would take it. You salary payment is more than enough to live on and you can afford go into it to make up any shortfall with your apartment or car.

Good luck in Dubai. I have recently moved here and had the same questions you did. Let me know if you have any questions.

Some people on the forum are twats and tell you to search all the time. The search function on this forum is shit and it just trawls up a load of crap.

Best of luck. :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 06, 2006
XPClone wrote:
Some people on the forum are twats and tell you to search all the time. The search function on this forum is shit and it just trawls up a load of crap.

Best of luck. :D

There is also the option to first read a few of the other posts that have been posted up. Often as not, people are just too freaking lazy to first read what has been posted and discuessed to death in the first place.

no offence to you of cos! :wink:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 06, 2006
I wasn't aiming it at you Yorky. :wink:

I remmember my first post on here and had a running with Liban who threw his weight around.

Yes you need to search but the searching option isn't very good. :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 06, 2006
Thanks XPClone... I was hoping for a 2 bedroom apartment but it appears that a place in Marina would be out of my budget. What are some other preferred areas? My office will be in the Emirates Towers so I wouldn't mind some place closeby. If I can find a place in a convenient location, then perhaps I can just take cabs and use my car allowance for accommodation. What do you think?
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2006
You could get a cab but I personally would get a car. Its much easier for getting around and most taxi drivers are crazy with a death wish and don't mind taking you with them.

I'm not sure about housing around the emirates towers area but there are plenty of people on here who will know.

Try renting a car for a month or two weeks and see how you get on. You can try taxis for 2 weeks and then make up your mind. Nice to have a car in the weekends though. :wink:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 06, 2006
fafit wrote:Thanks XPClone... I was hoping for a 2 bedroom apartment but it appears that a place in Marina would be out of my budget. What are some other preferred areas? My office will be in the Emirates Towers so I wouldn't mind some place closeby. If I can find a place in a convenient location, then perhaps I can just take cabs and use my car allowance for accommodation. What do you think?

What about the area close to Mall of the Emirates lots of low rise apartment buildings and I heard they are much more reasonable than Dubai Marina.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 07, 2006
Good offer for a single person, you can have a good life on that. Single bed flats beside Mall of the Emirates (Greens etc.) about 60-70kDhs I think. Not bad place to live either as only 10 minute commute to your work plus it's pretty close to the beach hotels where a good chunk of the nightlife is.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum